Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want to start a new thread but this article has a bit of everything in it
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/19354461/fremantles-big-windfall/

Fremantle's big windfall

Fremantle's historic grand final appearance will help the club top $50 million in turnover for the first time, with membership, television viewers and overall levels of support hitting record highs in 2013.
Buoyed by a record year on the field, the Dockers had already broken their record $46 million 2012 revenue by the end of the home-and-away season.
Merchandise sales of nearly $1 million last month alone pushed projections beyond $50 million. The result is likely to lift them into the top five highest-earning clubs in the competition when all figures are in.
Collingwood led the way last year with a turnover of almost $70 million.
The Dockers have been reasonably active so far in this year's trade period, with free agent Colin Sylvia joining the club from Melbourne on a three-year deal and 2008 Hawthorn premiership star Xavier Ellis also being considered.
Essendon's Scott Gumbleton and de-listed Geelong forward James Podsiadly also have been linked with Fremantle.
Gumbleton and Ellis flew to Perth this week to meet Dockers officials.
However, Rosich said the club would keep long-term sustainability in mind during all trade discussions, rather than throw everything at the chance of a flag in 2014.
"We take a long-term view with respect to our list management model," he said.
"Invariably that's broken up into a 12-month, three-year and five-year horizon."
Fremantle have only one coaching vacancy to fill for 2014 and are speaking to several experienced coaches across the State.

Yep, that's the one Scon.:thumbsu: Can the treasurer of the BF Freo board please drop 20k on it for us all. Piss up at GNH Carlton 26/9/14 with the proceeds.
Well, a $6.50 winner....... should be enough to fly us all over for the piss up as well. Can someone please recall our treasurer from the Bahamas! :D
Actually cashed in on Pistol's tip to get five quinellas with the second placegetter at $50 per unit. Chinese take-aways tonight in my house people!

I'd go no further than Mello for Gumbleton; no picks and no other players. A staright swap.
Essendon will probably delist him anyway and we could potentially get him in PSD.

Elliott Yeo, is worth our 2nd rd pick trade. If Eagles trump that then so be it and good work by us for forcing it.
West Coast 2nd Rd pick is worth more than Yeo.

That would make me smile particularly as the eagles forced North's hand on their father son pick by offering their first round pick.

Well, a $6.50 winner....... should be enough to fly us all over for the piss up as well. Can someone please recall our treasurer from the Bahamas! :D
Actually cashed in on Pistol's tip to get five quinellas with the second placegetter at $50 per unit. Chinese take-aways tonight in my house people!
Thanks for the tip corkhead :)

Our interest in Yeo may be genuine if Rob Kerr is to be believed...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ning-big-man-billy-longer-20131012-2vfao.html

Yeo nominated West Coast as his preferred club as he too seeks a return home, but Kerr said Fremantle had edged in front in the race to secure his services.
"I think (Elliot) had a medical with Freo on Friday," he said.
"(West Coast's) third-round pick is not going to get it done and Fremantle is prepared to use its second-round pick (33).
"Elliot is the best-performed player of that group this year and we think he's certainly better than the Eagles' third-round pick (40)."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont know where to put it guys, but just wondering. Anybody know any good creeks/streams that are quite relaxed and quite, to go fishing at??
Got a few places i go in river and beach but keen to go to some creeks/streams. Anywhere within 30-45mins of Perth is good.

More intrigue...Kim Hagdorn writes this: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl.../story-e6frf3e3-1226738897312?from=public_rss

I guess we could've seen it coming that if we challenge WCE for Yeo, they'd do the same to us for Ellis. But the J-Pod thing I don't understand.If he wants to win a flag, neither Carlton nor Adelaide are gonna help him do that in 2014. (Hope that statement doesn't come back to bite me...)

Think he's ruled out Adelaide as well ie he's not moving out of Victoria, understandable really for a guy who's 32, had a good couple of years and won a flag after thinking he'd not get to play afl and has strong ties to the vfl. If he's got family it'd be a big call moving them west for 12 months or so

Yeo would be a great get. Coming home, can play and usurps the knobs up the road.

Get it done. Thankfully seems Ellis is a no.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-13/trade-winds-sunday
Article doesn't rule out possibility about Ellis joining the Dockers but it suggests that he is more inclined to join the Eagles.

LOL , That is just a rehash of Kimberley's article. :eek:

News Limited Kim Hagdorn reports that Podsiadly, who is on the radar of both Fremantle and Adelaide, does not want to relocate interstate.

News Limited Kim Hagdorn believes he is more likely to join the Eagles.

Just a thought, and it is just that, a thought! Especially as I don't know what the Brissy needs are.

But could we offer Mellington for Yeo? His manager did say that they would prefer a Victorian club but that the ultimate aim would be going for opportunity. Maybe a late pick from us as a sweetener?

Just a thought, and it is just that, a thought! Especially as I don't know what the Brissy needs are.

But could we offer Mellington for Yeo? His manager did say that they would prefer a Victorian club but that the ultimate aim would be going for opportunity. Maybe a late pick from us as a sweetener?

We have pick 33 and Mellington available and we are interested in Yeo and Gumbleton.
As I understand it Essendon cannot participate in the National Draft this year so therefore trading Gumbleton for a pick is pointless; they require a player.
Pick 33 is better value for Yeo than what Eagles are offering so Brisbane would be fairly compensated for yeo with our pick 33.
We get both players, Brisbane get a fair deal and Essendon get a very good player in Mellington for a player that they may ultimately delist .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back