Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can't see us keeping the players we want too and satisfying GWS but...

Pick 17, Stephen Hill and Alex Silvagni would be where I would start. I like Hill dearly but he'd be the only top line talent I think we can cover for in the side (Sutcliffe/Crozier)

Just not going to happen and it's a big risk to do that considering Boyd is a VIC and that go home factor is always there.

The fact GWS are trading for pick 2 makes me think this as well.

Could be wrong and they're just doing their usual obsessive pick hoarding though.

Apparently they are dead keen on Kelly.
So i figure they now get the guy they actually want and then get to pick/trade some great compo from moving pick 1.

Pick 17, Stephen Hill and Alex Silvagni would be where I would start. I like Hill dearly but he'd be the only top line talent I think we can cover for in the side (Sutcliffe/Crozier)

Just not going to happen and it's a big risk to do that considering Boyd is a VIC and that go home factor is always there.

Hell to the freaking no!!!

yes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't imagine Hill agreeing to a trade.

I think Hill is the only one player (with currency) that is expendable and would not damage our current tilt for a premiership. I think Hill on his own could get pick 2.

It would be pretty upsetting if we did that trade however.. It could damage the morale of the group. It's pretty ruthless and shows no loyalty by the club. Who knows it could effect possible free agency decisions for players like Mundy and Fyfe.

Boyd is not our only opportunity to get a key position forward. There will be others out there.

That would significantly weaken us IMO. Hill is way too valuable to us unless we can somehow manufacture a trade that sees us get another player of his type. We need that X factor and skills in our side. We've got to try and win it next year. If we get Boyd yes we've got a pav replacement but where's McPharlins replacement, especially with Silvagni gone.

I think Hill is the only one player (with currency) that is expendable and would not damage our current tilt for a premiership. I think Hill on his own could get pick 2.

It would be pretty upsetting if we did that trade however.. It could damage the morale of the group. It's pretty ruthless and shows no loyalty by the club. Who knows it could effect possible free agency decisions for players like Mundy and Fyfe.

Boyd is not our only opportunity to get a key position forward. There will be others out there.
Totally agree, it was just a hypothetical that I threw out there based on our currency. The morale factor is a great point.

If this was all going to happen then why would we be pursuing Gumbleton. I think people are using their imaginations a little bit to much. We lost a grand final last year, 15 points away from a premiership and you think that we are going to trade away one of our top 5 players???

Wake up guys we will be trading Mellington and getting Gumbleton and that's about it.

Just keeping an eye on the competition next year. If this happens Port will add Polec and Varcoe to their side.

PORT set to pull a big move!
Picks 13 & 48 to GC for picks 18 & 23
Pick 18 to Bris for Polec
Picks 23 & 30 to GEEL for Varcoe & pick 32

Just keeping an eye on the competition next year. If this happens Port will add Polec and Varcoe to their side.

PORT set to pull a big move!
Picks 13 & 48 to GC for picks 18 & 23
Pick 18 to Bris for Polec
Picks 23 & 30 to GEEL for Varcoe & pick 32

That looks like a crap deal for Port. I can't see either player having that much currency.

Trading Hill for pick one is like bludgeoning Peter to death to pay a kid who may or may not become Paul.

This suggestion is completely mad. And the fact that you want to add more on top of just Hill just shows how far off the mark you are. GWS would take Hill for pick 1 in a heartbeat without adding pick 17 or Silvagni. We, on the other hand would be losing one of our most important players when we just 12 months ago brought in a similar player through Free agency because we were lacking in this department. And what do we gain? Tom Boyd just as likely to become Jack Watts or Anthony morabito as he is to become Matthew Lloyd.

Madness, I tell you. Madness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back