Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think something like our 3rd rounder ?? Pick 37ish

Seems fair

Or if I put my Neeld cap on , how about jack viney and our pick 2 for greenwood and your pick 87
Bring back Neeld.

Tell ya what, we'll throw in Jordan Gysberts to even things up a bit.

If we happened to get Dal Santo and Greenwood advised the club he wanted out, then yeah, a third rounder would likely get it done. By all accounts Greenwood is a good bloke, a professional footballer who we never hear a negative peep about. If he does end up at the Dees you can be guaranteed that he will give it everything he's got.

Bring back Neeld.

Tell ya what, we'll throw in Jordan Gysberts to even things up a bit.

If we happened to get Dal Santo and Greenwood advised the club he wanted out, then yeah, a third rounder would likely get it done. By all accounts Greenwood is a good bloke, a professional footballer who we never hear a negative peep about. If he does end up at the Dees you can be guaranteed that he will give it everything he's got.

Ouch , even in a joke that trade deal will haunt me for ever , nice one though :thumbsu:

But in all seriousness I think greenwood sounds like exactly the sort of player we are targeting , we don't even need elite kickers at this stage we have such good key forwards we just need to feed them the pill more often

Ouch , even in a joke that trade deal will haunt me for ever , nice one though :thumbsu:

But in all seriousness I think greenwood sounds like exactly the sort of player we are targeting , we don't even need elite kickers at this stage we have such good key forwards we just need to feed them the pill more often
As an inside bullocking type he is pretty good. In 2013 he averaged 22 touches a game, 11 contested, 4 clearances and 5 tackles from 77% game time. He can certainly play a role for a club, especially one that has young mids.

As an inside bullocking type he is pretty good. In 2013 he averaged 22 touches a game, 11 contested, 4 clearances and 5 tackles from 77% game time. He can certainly play a role for a club, especially one that has young mids.

How old is he ?

Please give me quality mids who get 30+ possessions a game, we haven't had many of those for a long long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would certainly go for Greenwood if we were giving up a third round pick or something for him.

Yeah, he's pretty much a classic Roos trade as well.

Think he's a solid player - solid experience, hard at it, skills are improving, would be a starting mid for us.... why haven't we signed him already?

If we can snag Greenwood, and then a top line available mid (Swallow/Selwood) with pick #2 - then maybe Adams somehow.... it would be majestic.

Well, not really - it would be solid... which is better then a steaming pile of shit.

Word is we're looking very hard at Yarran too, not sure all this conjecture about his attitude is true - he's the kind of player who could flourish with a fresh start.

I will remain skeptical about Yarran... maybe worth a shot, but high risk. If anyone can get him going it would be Roos... even Malthouse hasn't had success on that front it would seem. No doubt the man has talent though.

Think he's a solid player - solid experience, hard at it, skills are improving, would be a starting mid for us.... why haven't we signed him already?

If we can snag Greenwood, and then a top line available mid (Swallow/Selwood) with pick #2 - then maybe Adams somehow.... it would be majestic.

Well, not really - it would be solid... which is better then a steaming pile of shit.

Word is we're looking very hard at Yarran too, not sure all this conjecture about his attitude is true - he's the kind of player who could flourish with a fresh start.

Ahhhh Atley & Yarran running off the back flanks, with Selwood, Adams & Swallow in the guts!! Don't you love the silly season!

Levi would.

Solid player, give 100%, fit as **** and goes in hard. Can be inconsistent by foot though, otherwise he would probably have been a more regular contributor at North. Behind a few inside types at North and came in once Swallow snapped his achillies. Did a good job as a rotation mid.

Wouldn't take a great deal to get a deal done and he could really benefit from consistent exposure at AFL level. He has no issues finding the pill.

I've always rated Greenwood, would seriously consider.

The other thing this does is increase competition for midfield spots - Trengove, Sylvia, Viney, Jones, Blease, etc will have to be at their absolute best to get into the side. It hopefully will raise the standards considerably.

The other thing about Trengove from watching him as a junior, his best footy at Sturt in the SANFL was played off the half back flank, not as a midfielder.

The other thing about Trengove from watching him as a junior, his best footy at Sturt in the SANFL was played off the half back flank, not as a midfielder.

I'm pretty sure he had 29 touches in the prelim final in 09' from the middle, BOG by all accounts.

I dunno up until this year he was great in the air and he is intelligent plus a great tackler , slow as hell though so I could see him playing well there

He doesn't keep his feet enough or break enough tackles to play in the midfield at the moment , he looks like he is 32 ..

I don't know what to say about him , do we have grimes and trenners on the hbf cuz grimesy is a better defender

Pissed as in hammered? Or pissed as in you're a Glenelg fan :p

Hammered!!! My partner is good friends with Jacks sisters Jess & Abbie. Jack knew the morning of that GF that he was coming to Melb and he was so excited, fair to say I was too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back