2013 West Australian Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

So you don't think Corey Byrne will get selected at all?

Not on what I've seen so far. His movement is limited, very much on the train tracks.

Having said that he did a good blanket job for a quarter on Cody Grace, maybe that's his calling, but he's no forward and I doubt he's got the movement to play in the middle.

He's listed as 194cm of the WAFL website?

Yeah I can believe that. He's certainly above 190.

Absolutely destroyed Claremont through the middle, rag dolled his opponents when tackling and competing for possession, sharked everything off Darcy Cameron and runs away from genuine midfielders, he's a freak.

I'd be surprised if he didn't play league football this year.

Pencil in Steven Edwards from Claremont, gun.

Just needs to keep on the straight and narrow and he's a likely 2nd round option.

Piss off.

Seriously, piss off.

Absolute prick of a thing. We went to school together and he was a bully, except without the credibility or intimidatory factor. He'd push you in the back at footy, but then as soon as you even tackled him, he'd literally cry. He played on me in U17s and I had an absolutely field day.

If he gets drafted... jesus.

Sorry champ, he's absolutely on the radar. Sounds like you're quite the player. He's lighting it up for Claremont early stages.

Sorry champ, he's absolutely on the radar. Sounds like you're quite the player. He's lighting it up for Claremont early stages.
Colour me absolutely astounded. Honestly, I was surprised he made the squad. Is he a flanker? And is Jacob Crowe going okay?

Colour me absolutely astounded. Honestly, I was surprised he made the squad. Is he a flanker? And is Jacob Crowe going okay?

HBF, runs and carries, weaves through traffic like they're not there, doesn't miss by foot. Excellent legspeed and agility.

Crowe hasn't captured my my attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell does the WAFL have a monopoly on awesome names through the years?

Grady Tomelty, Mackenzie Morgan, Jamahl Bedford, Jermaine Wardle, Jermaine Miller-Lewis, Kamdyn McIntosh who's now at Richmond, Laine Wilkins, Abraham Kennedy, Shane Tipuamantamerri, Jack Darling, Andrew and David Swallow, Clancy Rudeforth, Callum Papertalk and Grae Grant to name examples.

How the hell does the WAFL have a monopoly on awesome names through the years?

Grady Tomelty, Mackenzie Morgan, Jamahl Bedford, Jermaine Wardle, Jermaine Miller-Lewis, Kamdyn McIntosh who's now at Richmond, Laine Wilkins, Abraham Kennedy, Shane Tipuamantamerri, Jack Darling, Andrew and David Swallow, Clancy Rudeforth, Callum Papertalk and Grae Grant to name examples.
Probably because, despite what the AFL tell you, Aussie rules isn't just a Victorian game.

Piss off.

Seriously, piss off.

Absolute prick of a thing. We went to school together and he was a bully, except without the credibility or intimidatory factor. He'd push you in the back at footy, but then as soon as you even tackled him, he'd literally cry. He played on me in U17s and I had an absolutely field day.

If he gets drafted... jesus.

City or country school, Hale, Scotch etc ?.

Nah, he played for Royals. I think one or two blokes will be from Railways and Royals, but I'm still hoping BT trots out a "from the North Albany footy factory!" in 2014!

As Bt would say ... Wow weeeee :)

Where was that ( name escapes me ) Collingwood player in trouble from ..... Nth Albany footy factory ?.

As Bt would say ... Wow weeeee :)

Where was that ( name escapes me ) Collingwood player in trouble from ..... Nth Albany footy factory ?.
I think North Albs has been the only club to have AFL players. Brad and Josh Bootsma, Andrew and Jeremy McGovern, Tarkyn Lockter, Ryan Brabazon, Marley Williams...

I think North Albs has been the only club to have AFL players. Brad and Josh Bootsma, Andrew and Jeremy McGovern, Tarkyn Lockter, Ryan Brabazon, Marley Williams...

Yes, it was Marley.

Is that so, reckon if the appropiate people spot your post, you may be proven wrong.

BTW had a mate who called his son Tarkyn after the Pies player, personally would think twice about it .. Tarkyn rhymes with farkin :D

Abraham Kennedy has been injured for a lot of the 16's development squad build-up but is an outstanding prospect. African lad - about 185cm - midfield. Hopefully he is right to go for round 1 of the carnival.

Ethan Burnett has missed a lot of the training also due to injury but he's right to go now. Obviously a very talented kid, winning WA's player of the 15's championships last year ahead of the likes of Clark. Both were AA.

Obviously Clark isn't going to play development squad due to his colts form.

A couple of other lads to watch in the Subi development squad are Gerard O'Sullivan - he's a bit special this lad from Esperance - about 190cm - left footer, Indigenous I think...not 100% sure.

Liam Tedesco - one again a bit special at around 188/190 cm..like Clark and O'Sullivan amazingly mobile.

Jayden Gerrand - Australian Indigenous rep in South Africa a few months ago. About 186cm - very powerful runner. Another strong mature kid. Great role model for his community also.

A few others that might catch the eye are Ian Penny (Australian Indigenous rep), Fraser Twomey (Esperance), Jye Harris (Esperance), Tom Breeze (Goldfields), Bryce Turvey (Northern Cobras), Bryce Harring (Goldfields) and Matthew Sergeant (Kingsley).

Abraham Kennedy has been injured for a lot of the 16's development squad build-up but is an outstanding prospect. African lad - about 185cm - midfield. Hopefully he is right to go for round 1 of the carnival.

Ethan Burnett has missed a lot of the training also due to injury but he's right to go now. Obviously a very talented kid, winning WA's player of the 15's championships last year ahead of the likes of Clark. Both were AA.

Obviously Clark isn't going to play development squad due to his colts form.

A couple of other lads to watch in the Subi development squad are Gerard O'Sullivan - he's a bit special this lad from Esperance - about 190cm - left footer, Indigenous I think...not 100% sure.

Liam Tedesco - one again a bit special at around 188/190 cm..like Clark and O'Sullivan amazingly mobile.

Jayden Gerrand - Australian Indigenous rep in South Africa a few months ago. About 186cm - very powerful runner. Another strong mature kid. Great role model for his community also.

A few others that might catch the eye are Ian Penny (Australian Indigenous rep), Fraser Twomey (Esperance), Jye Harris (Esperance), Tom Breeze (Goldfields), Bryce Turvey (Northern Cobras), Bryce Harring (Goldfields) and Matthew Sergeant (Kingsley).

Any of those mentioned born in 1998 or are all born in 1997?

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 West Australian Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back