Autopsy 2014 AFL Grand Final - Sydney v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I think their performance is one of the worst in last ten years of Grand Finals

They clearly are talented but had no heart for the contest. A real dagger to the heart of the Swans culture today
Hollywood
There for the money and fame, not for the performance

It was an insipid performance, and if not for the umpires, would have been over 20goals

Swans didn't do the hard things early - soft tackling efforts killed them.

Limp effort really

Yep, I was hoping for an easy day after last week, and my SANFL team won the flag by 4 points, but never in my wildest dreams did I expect to have the game almost sewn up by half time. At times it did look easy, but I think it was a combination of Hawthorn having a very good day, and the Swans having a stinker.

You don't seem to properly grasp the meaning of tantrum. I've been perfectly humble in defeat, while Hawks fans are still whining about COLA and responding with "eat a dick"
I might of even congratulated the Hawks on a deserved victory were it not for Hawk fans carrying on with their school-yard "haha suck it COLA, GO HAWKS!" mentality

Karma Police - arrest this man he talks in math.

I've pinpointed the exact moment sports coverage in this country died.

ByhqxoFCUAAdi6z.jpg:large

This photo embodies everything I despise about the effete, milquetoast, empty-vessel 'selfie' and social media narcissism that has pervaded Australian society.

I like Richo but I don't think I could ever watch or listen to anything he says again after looking at this photo.

Just repulsive

Out of interest have you ever once posted on the Sydney board? You seem more interested in picking fights with opposition fans than actually discussing your own team with fellow Sydney supporters. Just a bit odd.
What's strange is you ignoring all the COLA incitement by every Hawks fan and choosing to label the person who is defending his club as the inciter. I merely responded to a Hawks fan carrying on about COLA by telling him to tone it down, only to have a half dozen more Hawk flogs jump down my throat with "suck a dick"
Or is it a Hawks exclusive prerogative to whinge, moan and defame other clubs with impunity?

Some random thoughts.

Absolutely belted them physically. Good on Hanners for keeping on after getting smashed a couple of times.

Overall an even performance by the Hawks like it has been all year. Could have raffled the Norm Smith over itch, Burgers, hodge and Langers.

Swans Midfield was very week apart from Kennedy.

Matchups were hard to identify from the tele but was Langers a defensive forward?

Forward line lacked opportunities but the setup causes problems. It's far too tall and does not allow for forward line pressure and rotating half forwards through the midfield.

Goods is too one dimensional and needs to retire. It's either mark it or else he is cooked. No agility, no run and no pressure from him on the rebound.

Franklin and Tippet can work but with more smalls around them. Reid must be a big worry for Longmire very, very average. May prosper if he gets more opportunities if Goodes retires.

Mid and small sized back very poor today other than Malceski on the rebound.

Rioli risk seemed to pay off. Not huge numbers but caused issues re matchups and pressure on the ball. McEvoy also played his role. Strong in the contests. maybe better than Hale?

Jetta very poor even before the headache. Rohan very poor also but they were not on their lonesome. Bottom rung of players for the Swan just couldn't handle it.

Might watch the replay and add some more thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just never seen Sydney turn up and expect a win.

It goes against everything they've stood for.

Maybe buddy did destroy the bloods culture, unwittingly and in a subtle way.

What's strange is you ignoring all the COLA incitement by every Hawks fan and choosing to label the person who is defending his club as the inciter. I merely responded to a Hawks fan carrying on about COLA by telling him to tone it down, only to have a half dozen more Hawk flogs jump down my throat with "suck a dick"
Or is it a Hawks exclusive prerogative to whinge, moan and defame other clubs with impunity?

Just making an observation mate, from your completely off-topic and emotive rant though it appears a nerve was struck.

McVeigh and Jack put in abysmal efforts. Supposedly these blokes are leaders at the club. Goodes stepped up like the champion he is though credit to him as did Buddy and JPK.

Jack should spend the summer learning to kick with his right foot. He stuffed up several times today cos he can't.

I'll say it again:
The biggest gap between Geelong's flags was one year.
Geelong, from 2007-2011, never dropped out of the top 4, never missed finals entirely, and only missed one GF.
There was a four-year gap between Hawthorn's first and second flag. They missed finals in 2009, and they were eliminated in the first week in 2010.

It took Hawthorn 7 years to achieve what took Geelong 5 years. They don't have the winning percentage over that 7 years or the individual accolades that Geelong had over their 5.

They do have back-to-back, which draws the comparison more level. However, in terms of team accomplishment in recent times, taking out anything additional:

From 2007-2011: Geelong played in 5 PFs.
From 2008-2014: Hawthorn played in 5 PFs.
From 2007-2011: Geelong won 3 flags.
From 2008-2014: Hawthorn won 3 flags.
From 2007-2011: Geelong played in four grand finals, including three straight.
From 2008-2014: Hawthorn played in four grand finals, including three straight.

Bad luck dude. Back-to-back trumps all that!

I would probably congratulate the HFC if their supporters werent insufferable flogs
if youre so averse to cheating, arnt you gonna comment on the innumerable times a 10m chip got paid a mark? Hawks have been doing it all season and they still get away with it.

cushion.png

I think their performance is one of the worst in last ten years of Grand Finals

They clearly are talented but had no heart for the contest. A real dagger to the heart of the Swans culture today

Yep, preferred the champion team not the team with a few champions. Lack of effort today. Hawks were 'on'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2014 AFL Grand Final - Sydney v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back