List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Please don't say you like cockatoo.:eek:

Cockatoo for me is that weirdly attractive girl who you cannot fully determine whether they're hot or not.

And Peter Wright is that really hot girl who start flirting with you for no apparent reason and you don't know whether she is just teasing or you have a legitimate chance of getting her.

I like Cockatoo but he is being massively overrated. Sounds like his decision making is questionable.

Ellis wouldn't be a bad pick up...might turn into Luke Parker.
Simplify his game.
See ball
Get ball
Run like the wind.
Kick goal.

Has anyone considered the scenario West Coast pick up Weller to accommodate a later trade to RFC for Conca with a few sweeteners here and there?
Why would they do that?
They may have well given us pick 11 this year and we could have drafted Weller and Duggan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lateral thinking but I reckon that's too far ahead.

I am not so sure. Clubs chasing premierships have to consider windows including flexible options to empower list management strategies.

Bulldogs can spin it how they want but clearly they are looking long term and obviously looking at premiership opens 6 years out and beyond as part of their rebuild philosophy.

The one player one club scenario is no longer a option for many IMO, not because of chasing money or disloyalty, but simply because it is inconsistent with window methodology and tayloring list management to specific premiership realistic opportunities viable for supporter consumption.

For example, a bonus with Durdin is the flexibility he may bring if it suits us to trade to one of the Adelaide clubs in the future. This may be considered drawing a long bow but these days list management acumen and flexibility is valued at a premium! Obviously ideally you want players to stay one club, but as the Pies and Bulldogs have shown, it can be quite beneficial letting players go by they come to a playing end if it suits the player and clubs list profile!

Last edited:
Cockatoo is rated so highly because of his a rare combination of speed, power and skill! No other player that we can get at #12 in this draft is like him. There are alternative options for Duggan, Weller and Ellis later in the draft but none for Cockatoo.
- poor man's Duggan: D.Mckenzie and Rainbow could be available at #33 or even James Rose at #52
- poor man's Weller: Cavka (#33) Goodyear and Boekhorst (#52) or D.Butler at #70 (very similar to Weller!)
- poor man's Ellis: Nelson at #33 or #52 or N.Mellington for a more inside version at #70 or rookie draft

Cockatoo is rated so highly because of his a rare combination of speed, power and skill! No other player that we can get at #12 in this draft is like him. There are alternative options for Duggan, Weller and Ellis later in the draft but none for Cockatoo.
- poor man's Duggan: D.Mckenzie and Rainbow could be available at #33 or even James Rose at #52
- poor man's Weller: Cavka (#33) Goodyear and Boekhorst (#52) or D.Butler at #70 (very similar to Weller!)
- poor man's Ellis: Nelson at #33 or #52 or N.Mellington for a more inside version at #70 or rookie draft

This is a classic example of this kid being overrated. If he really is all those things he would be in talks for top 3. Apart from the draft camp his kicking has been a bit hit and miss I thought?

Weller is just as quick and is one of the best kicks in the draft.

If we are lucky enough to get
Duggan/Weller - pick 1
Gore/Neal-Bullen - pick 2
than we can be adventurous with picks 3 and 4
e.g. Markov- injury riddled year but when he has been on the park has shown elite qualities - tall, super quick, elite endurance, can kick, can jump on opponents heads. Has the tools to become elite.

A
If we are lucky enough to get
Duggan/Weller - pick 1
Gore/Neal-Bullen - pick 2
than we can be adventurous with picks 3 and 4
e.g. Markov- injury riddled year but when he has been on the park has shown elite qualities - tall, super quick, elite endurance, can kick, can jump on opponents heads. Has the tools to become elite.
agree though I'd rather McGrath.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back