List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Lennon was seen as a top 10 pick for most of the year in his draft year.

A lot of people were very surprised that Cripps went so high. Not many rated him inside the top 20.

I have a Carlton supporting mate that watches a fair bit of junior football and he is still filthy that they used there first rounder on Cripps.

Lennon>>>>>>Cripps

Sorry.

No love for Goodyear with our 3rd pick?

Athletic medium midfielder with elite speed and endurance. Prolific ball-winner for Calder Cannons, averaging 23 touches in 15 appearances. Averaged 13 disposals, three marks, three tackles and two clearances in three matches at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Registered 24.49 sec in the repeat sprint at NAB AFL Draft Combine.

I still think Cripps would compliment Miles, Cotchin in the centre. Would be good combo

Lennon will be an inside mid. He has extremely clean hands. Better on the outside then Cripps with a far superior kick so I wouldn't swap at all.

Vlastuin will step up as a big bodied inside mid next season.

Can someone please tell me why there is no love for Lever as our first pick if available? I know he hasn't played due to injury, however, I saw this kid play a couple of games last year and he is a super talent. Mobile enough to play anywhere on the ground including midfield. Attacks the contest. Good decision maker and superb overhead. Is it because he is classified as a Backman. I haven't seen much of the TAC cup other than what I have seen on TV and Net replays this year, but doubt that any of the Midfielders we have spoken about as our first pick are anywhere near as good as Lever. I will be disappointed I suspect because it sounds like we will overlook him. A big miss I believe. This guy will be a gun.

He's been defined as a defender because that's what he is. Sure, he's more offensive than some other backmen, but for me, the best case scenario for Lever the midfielder is to play as someone like Birchall, who gets a few touches between the arcs, but isn't really a midfielder. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Lever turns out into a player like Rance, which is good, but not at the top of Richmond's priorities right now.

Question Tigers fans

If you had chance again 2013 draft would you keep Ben Lennon over Patrick Cripps?

I think Tigers need more of a Cripps type mid and Blues need Lennon type utility

Doing a 2013 draft in terms of talent feel lots of upside in both players but Cripps would be extractor type mid Tigers would benefit from and Lennon perfect for Blues

Lennon is more talented and fills a need which is medium/small forwards who can rotate through the midfield. Richmond is not only light for small forwards, but it's also light for medium forwards and forward flankers. Lennon fills that need to a degree. Richmond is currently hoping Knights stays fit, and is currently running Deledio through there. Playing Lennon frees up Deledio to play more midfield and help set up plays. I'm not sold on Cripps, he's tall, good at the stoppages and strong, but provides no forward threat, has average endurance and is fairly slow. There's an inside midfielder who Richmond possibly should have picked, but his name isn't Cripps, it's Dunstan.

I'd take Lever over everyone in this draft except for Petracca and Brayshaw. He reminds me if Brian Lake. Best dukes in the draft along with courage, reads it perfectly, has beautiful skills. Will be an all-Australian back more then once.

Wasn't the Cripps decision the reason Luke Williams walked from Carlton to Richmond?

I like Cripps but not before Lennon. No way.
You need a reason to walk out of Carlton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't the Cripps decision the reason Luke Williams walked from Carlton to Richmond?

I like Cripps but not before Lennon. No way.
Wouldn't take players that Carlton like in the first round. It's a long list of shit

Not sure why or the reasoning behind it apart from maybe this kid has the most upside,But i think all things point to us taking Ellis no matter who else we have been linked to.
Just a feeling i have.
Same. I have a feeling he will be a gem aswell.
I think we cant really go wrong this year.
Ellis, Weller, Duggan, Ahern, Lever, Durdin, Goddard could all seriously be available at 12.

We lack a real excitement machine. Eg wingard, menzel
Weller has the tools to be that i think. but if ellis is who there set on hopefully he becomes exactly what they think we need.

No love for Goodyear with our 3rd pick?

Athletic medium midfielder with elite speed and endurance. Prolific ball-winner for Calder Cannons, averaging 23 touches in 15 appearances. Averaged 13 disposals, three marks, three tackles and two clearances in three matches at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Registered 24.49 sec in the repeat sprint at NAB AFL Draft Combine.

Seems an opportunist, loves a goal...nothin wrong with that.
Seems to be a consistent performer if he was 2nd best and fairest
I'd be happy to take him later in the draft/3rd pick

Question Tigers fans

If you had chance again 2013 draft would you keep Ben Lennon over Patrick Cripps?

I think Tigers need more of a Cripps type mid and Blues need Lennon type utility

Doing a 2013 draft in terms of talent feel lots of upside in both players but Cripps would be extractor type mid Tigers would benefit from and Lennon perfect for Blues
i think both players will be fine for thier Clubs, Lennon had some injuries early in the year that set him back & when he got back up & running he couldn't get a game as we started to win. both should have good careers i reckon.

There are now a number of people who believe that Lever may be available at 12, however, believe Richmond will overlook him. The question I asked was if available who'd rather lever than those midfielders named as possibilities for our pick 12? I certainly would rather pick lever. He offers us something more than your typical Onballer.
yer i see your point, but as i read more & more each day there's a new Player that could slide to #12 so it's so open atm it isn't funny.

Weller for speed, address inside grunt later in the draft, game has evolved from one paced midfielders.
332148-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

on AFL website there's a list assessment story for each Club, C.Twomey, who has been the one mostly linking us toi Ellis had this to say at the end of our part = Cal Twomey says: Liam Duggan, Lachie Weller, Paul Ahern are in the mix at pick 12 as classy midfielders, but the Tigers will look closely at Corey Ellis, a talented, smooth-moving midfielder.
think ellis is the guarenteed pick for us if our other options are gone at #12

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back