Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From what i knew as from we put him through a complete medical and it all looked ok. Obviously we did additional testing Monday to see how he pulled up and he failed. So those saying he failed the medical friday were wrong. Bottom line I feel so bad for Jack. A kid with his talent, and character deserves to have a career not cut short by something like this.

It's time you amateur forensics stopped questioning Roos and Jackson for sentimental issues. They knew what was up. It will be a miracle for me if JT ever plays again knowing Egan and Croad.
Yeah agreed, would be surprised if he managed to get back out there. A career ruined by our failing to pick it up and bench him in 2013.

It's time you amateur forensics stopped questioning Roos and Jackson for sentimental issues. They knew what was up. It will be a miracle for me if JT ever plays again knowing Egan and Croad.

If they knew what was up and tried to shop him around and pull the wool over Richmond that's pretty disgraceful in itself. Did they honestly think they wouldn't be caught out?

Yeah agreed, would be surprised if he managed to get back out there. A career ruined by our failing to pick it up and bench him in 2013.

Yet another success story from the Neeld era.

Its different to Egan who actually snapped the Navicular bone in half and couldnt move his foot
But if he cant even run without it flaring up it will be a bonus if he plays again for this club

If they knew what was up and tried to shop him around and pull the wool over Richmond that's pretty disgraceful in itself. Did they honestly think they wouldn't be caught out?
Likely they didn't realise how bad it was but were worried. Hence an 11 pick upgrade.

We probably just told clubs we were open to offers on him like Watts, Toumpas or anyone
Then it was up to them if they were happy with the medical

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible, horrible news. :(

But I can't help but too wonder what exactly we were planning to do with pick 12. Hopefully this hasn't ruined something epic. (I'm happy trengove is staying, but would suck if he never played again. Would suck even more if we had a confirmed gun coming in upon completion of that trade)

Danger's year this year was down because Adelaide were playing him through exhaustion and he was still top 3 in the Brownlow. His best is sublime and he really is one of the top 5 midfielders in the competition.

I'm sure there's lots of reasons plenty of players don't hit their best. Dangerfield has some, Fyfe has some, Hodge, Ablett, Pendlebury, etc.

Let's not bring the umpires into this discussion - they get a massive horn over a few line-breaking runs from midfield. If the umpires had half a brain they wouldn't be umpires.

Horrible, horrible news. :(

But I can't help but too wonder what exactly we were planning to do with pick 12. Hopefully this hasn't ruined something epic. (I'm happy trengove is staying, but would suck if he never played again. Would suck even more if we had a confirmed gun coming in upon completion of that trade)

Nah, Id say now it was likely 12 was going to be used in the draft because the long term future of Trenners is in serious doubt

Poor bloke, this is absolutely terrible news - hopefully the damage isn't a full scale blowout, I just hope he didn't go too hard too early.

Rumblings seem to be a further bout of surgery and another 12 months off.. Its devastating for a kid who hasnt been fit for what will be 4 years now

Should go have a chat with Hirdy, and John Quinn if he's healthy enough. Work out how they got Hirdy back to his best. Because it can be done.

And avoid like the plague whatever idiot doctors Egan went and saw.
No offence, but I'd rather keep trenners recovery program as far away from Hird as possible.

****ing tragic. No player deserves it. Melbourne have to deal with the facts though. Time to rookie list him?

No offence, but I'd rather keep trenners recovery program as far away from Hird as possible.
I know right, what would Hirdy and John Quinn know about missing 2 years with a navicular injury then coming back and captaining a premiership whilst winning a Norm Smith?

o_O

In addition, I think this will stop any plans we had.

I don't think we'd try and sell him off while injured, that isn't what a well run club would do to a loyal player - I honestly think we had something in the pipelines.

Not that it matters now, the primary concern should be for Jack's health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back