2014 home attendances

The budgeted target, will we

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How those in seemingly lifelong positions at the SANFL are still in the job after decades of visionless stagnancy is beyond me. These clowns were determined to keep reapplying lipstick to the busted anus that was Football Park when there was a golden goose right in front of them. Unbelievable.

what are you on about, they are either in new high paid jobs at the SMA or have grandstands named after them. Still can't fathom that a grandstand is named after a bloke very much responsible for taking football away from the oval..... or a bar named after a tee-tottaler who thought footy should stay at AAMI.

Port Adelaide vs. Geelong Cats
Venue
Adelaide Oval
North Adelaide SA 5006

Date & Time
Sun 27 Apr 2014 4:10pm - General Public

Black Diamond
{Single seats only}
Platinum Reserved {Allocation exhausted}
Gold Reserved {Allocation exhausted}
Silver Reserved {Allocation exhausted}
General Admission {Allocation exhausted}

So I'm gathering this is a sellout, bar a few set aside for walk-ups. Huge effort.

There's an allocation the club have set aside for people with 3 game, country and vic members but it's limited. If you have these tickets you are advised to get to the game early to scan in and avoid being locked out.

RD 2 vs Adelaide: 50,397
RD 4 vs Brisbane: 36,231
RD 6 vs Geelong: 47,007

Total YTD: 133,635

Average YTD: 44,545

Budgeting for 34,000 per game equals 374,000 for 11 games. 374,000-133,635=240,365/8=30,412.

To sum up : if we average 30,412 over the final 8 games of the season at AO we will reach our budgeted figure. And of the AO matches we still have Fremantle, Hawthorn, Essendon, Sydney and Carlton; all of which should attract 35,000-45,000. The others are Melbourne, St Kilda and Western Bulldogs.

Interestingly, our last two games in WA (at WC and Freo) have drawn 35000+
And our last two games in Melb (NM and Carl) have only drawn 19000 and 24000.

Is it wrong that I get pissed off by the big crowd! Rq

Have to queue for everything now! Just not used to it :).

The grumpy bastard in me has a whinge.

A lot of us couldn't go last home match due to retail work, netball and sport commitments, so I am truly expecting 47-48 odd thousand to the Geelong game, especially given there will be a fair whack of Geelong supps there too.

Good call by the flying nun
Is it wrong that I get pissed off by the big crowd! Rq

Have to queue for everything now! Just not used to it :).

The grumpy bastard in me has a whinge.

LOL, its like being a crow fan, but the crowd have a clue :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far both Port and the Crows have had sell-out games with actual attendances around 47k. Goes to show the degree of variation that corporate attendance will determine. 47k may be the approximate ceiling for non-Showdown, non-Final games.

EDIT: big night games may push that ceiling higher.

We will probably get more people against the Hawks than yesterday. Its a Saturday night game - Hawks have more travelling fans - the corporates and casual fans. AO is already doing its job.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-04-27/supporters-make-home-ground-advantage

Port Adelaide's attendance figure at the Adelaide Oval on Sunday night was its highest home crowd in a non-Showdown and its fifth-highest in a minor round home game.

Port Adelaide all time AFL home game attendances
50,397 - Round 2, 2014: Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows (Adelaide Oval)
50,275 - Round 20, 2002: Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows (Football Park)
49,846 - Round 18, 2001: Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows (Football Park)
48,131 - Round 22, 2003: Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows (Football Park)
47,007 - Round 6, 2014: Port Adelaide v Geelong (Adelaide Oval)
46,978 - Preliminary Final, 2004: Port Adelaide v St Kilda (Football Park)
46,439 - Round 22, 2002: Port Adelaide v Brisbane Lions (Football Park)
45,498 - Round 19, 1997: Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows (Football Park)
45,199 - Round 20, 2005: Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows (Football Park)
45,127 - Round 23, 2013: Port Adelaide v Carlton (Football Park)

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-04-27/supporters-make-home-ground-advantage

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 home attendances

Back