2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

See Wallin (SPRINGWOOD) bagged 10,,,,, Sullivan (BURLEIGH) bagged 11...... See Robina kicked 25 goals, how many did Fulton bag? ( No stats for Robina on the sporting pulse site posted as of yet)
He would've kicked about 8-12 I'd say (sorry I can't be more specific). I'm sure Robina will populate their goals etc soon. He got a few from the goal square alone so he had a pretty good day, and went off at 3QT to stay fresh for the big one next week I imagine.

I'm sure a lot of people were surprised that I didn't get the call up to get thrown back on the big fella, but I just wanted to see what all the noise was about! ;)

Was actually good watching them play and our boys had a crack with some of younger fellas really showing exactly why we chose to step up into the Div.

Looking forward to getting a "W" in both grades against the bye next week!

Swoopa having had your boys play Both Springwood and Robina this season who in your mind has the better side and how do you see there game unfolding?

Swoopa having had your boys play Both Springwood and Robina this season who in your mind has the better side and how do you see there game unfolding?
Hmmmm... Tough question. It's going to be a cracker of a game.

I didn't see the whole of our senior game against Springwood, and it feels so long ago now, but I'd be putting money on them to get the win by a couple of kicks.

The thing I recall about Springwood was that turnovers were costly. They punished us on the scoreboard nearly every time we let them in.

If they can pressure Robina and cause turnovers, they will move the ball quickly and I'd say they will get the biscuits.

In my true "fence sitting" style I would not be surprised however if Robina get the win.

Yeah Fults finished with 10. True he did kick a cpl from the square swoopa but u didn't mention the other 8 where he out marked the 3 blokes u played on him haha

Cpl of wins for us - credit to coomera in both grades had a real crack all game and at no point was it a training run as some 100+ point win scan feel.

We've got burleigh this week which will be a great test for the club. Also the 10 year reunion of the clubs first flags in 04 for both grades so will be a massive day for the club.

Tbh we are winning but don't feel like are playing great ATM. Plenty of things to work on as we head towards the back end of the year.

Teams playing 7 or 8 backs always takes a bit adjust to and it's something we need to be aware of quicker with how we move the footy.

Sorry BOC - certainly wasn't meaning any disrespect of the big fella. I was saying he got a few from the goal square ALONE so he would've had a bag considering the player he is. You'd have to be mental to suggest he's kicked 1000+ banging them from the square o_O

We were happy with the way we went about it yesterday, as much as the score board was ticking over. Still not at 100% strength but we are impressed that the younger guys are stepping up and having a real crack. They are the reason we stepped up so its good to see.

Thanks to your boys for patronising Swoopa's Saloon, and it was great to see our old footy bus back at Dreamworld! Hope you lads took the long way home to really take advantage of it!

Was said tongue firmly in cheek mate - didn't think u were potting him

Yeah the bus has had a solid workout the last year between away trips trips to the races and other thinly veiled reasons to get everyone on it and get drunk haha

Was said tongue firmly in cheek mate - didn't think u were potting him

Yeah the bus has had a solid workout the last year between away trips trips to the races and other thinly veiled reasons to get everyone on it and get drunk haha
I hope you lads run a tough ship like we used to. Using the toilet- massive fine.

Just try not to be the bloke sitting near the esky. Always makes for a busy trip!

Watched Burleigh vs Robina today as mutual spectator.
Game was tough with both sides going hard with plenty of big hits and alittle spiteful at times.

Burleigh looked really good and played to there structures well. They got the jump on robina early which set them up for the rest of the game.

By all reports Robina were very undermanned due to injures and unavailablity but showed promise in patches even without there key players.

Burleigh vs Springwood is shaping up to be a cracker!!!

Robina had seven out and I think on a bigger ground would be far to good
Watched Burleigh vs Robina today as mutual spectator.
Game was tough with both sides going hard with plenty of big hits and alittle spiteful at times.

Burleigh looked really good and played to there structures well. They got the jump on robina early which set them up for the rest of the game.

By all reports Robina were very undermanned due to injures and unavailablity but showed promise in patches even without there key players.

Burleigh vs Springwood is shaping up to be a cracker!!!
ad

Hmm with the name Wayneroos I can see why your opinion maybe alittle biased? lol

But if it's true robina had that many players out then next game between the 2 sides should be a cracker!! but it's a big call to think robina would just runaway with it, the bombers are a polished unit.

Not s
Hmm with the name Wayneroos I can see why your opinion maybe alittle biased? lol

But if it's true robina had that many players out then next game between the 2 sides should be a cracker!! but it's a big call to think robina would just runaway with it, the bombers are a polished unit.
not sure robina will b far too good considering burleigh had a couple out also. The sending off of Sullivan though was a tad harsh. Having played with him a few years back I know he is not the type of player who goes around trying to knock people out. I'm sure the roos are looking forward to a return bout at some stage and more importantly looking forward to the biggest test of all which is v springwood.

Not s

not sure robina will b far too good considering burleigh had a couple out also. The sending off of Sullivan though was a tad harsh. Having played with him a few years back I know he is not the type of player who goes around trying to knock people out. I'm sure the roos are looking forward to a return bout at some stage and more importantly looking forward to the biggest test of all which is v springwood.

theroopen, yeah was a shocking day by the umpires and getting sent off for the game for such a piss poor little bump , which luckily didnt cost us the game when we only had 17 men for 15 mins as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah look to add to what's already been said and roll out a few cliches, they don't give cups out in may which we leant last year. Both teams will take a lot from it and definitely still a few cards to be played from both teams heading towards the business end of the season.

Good game - finals like intensity and the rivalry is still very much alive!

It's shaping up to be a fairly competetive league... if you cut it in half... Teams from 5 down are putting forward a mixed bag from week to week.

Cooly beats Coomera - Coomera beats Alex - Alex beats Cooly

Coorparoo beats Alex - Alex beats Yeronga - Yeronga beats Coorparoo

theroopen, yeah was a shocking day by the umpires and getting sent off for the game for such a piss poor little bump , which luckily didnt cost us the game when we only had 17 men for 15 mins as well.

Not sure if having 2 young umpires was such a good idea for a game which was always going to be a good contest. The Sullivan send off should of been a free kick and thats all, some of those 50 metre penalties you just had to shake your head at. Things got heated at times but apart from a few little scuffles it wasn't anything out of hand.

Springwood this week which should be another massive test for us and then only another 4 weeks until we play burleigh again.

I'm loving the new league with all the local rivalries, after being the only Gold Coast team in our league for so long its good to not have to travel to brisbane every 2nd week.

Not sure if having 2 young umpires was such a good idea for a game which was always going to be a good contest. The Sullivan send off should of been a free kick and thats all, some of those 50 metre penalties you just had to shake your head at. Things got heated at times but apart from a few little scuffles it wasn't anything out of hand.

Springwood this week which should be another massive test for us and then only another 4 weeks until we play burleigh again.

I'm loving the new league with all the local rivalries, after being the only Gold Coast team in our league for so long its good to not have to travel to brisbane every 2nd week.
Agreed not having to travel to Brisbane every week makes a big difference thats for sure!
The new league will take time to get use to and teams will improve no doubt about it!

Springwood massive test they are clearly the side to beat in the comp! makes sense considering they have come down a league and played in a GF the year before!

Umpires are umpires cant do much to change it lol

Guys the two umpires did a great job
There is always going to be 50/50 things going the wrong way
They should be welcomed and supported without them where screwed

Great thread.... This comp just keeps shelling out nail-biters!! Apologies for the sarcasm but margins of 157, 119, 98 & 95 and this isn't a rare result...

Footy 1st - fair post but corresponding round of seqafl last year returned results of a 60,115,140,130 and 80 point win so not sure whether u think last year was more even then this year, but stats don't support it.

Footy 1st - fair post but corresponding round of seqafl last year returned results of a 60,115,140,130 and 80 point win so not sure whether u think last year was more even then this year, but stats don't support it.

What happened on the weekend chunk? Get a bit hard for a few of the boys and they just went missing again?

If anyone expected the reshuffle to be perfect this early, they had more faith than many.

It's going to take time, and some Divs will even up quicker than others. This can be seen by the QAFA division.

We can't have a reshuffle of this magnitude every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back