Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No preseason = no selection.

Upgrade option.
Re: Suckling, I'm pretty sure he has done a full preseason, in fact he has basically been in full training since late in 2013. He just hasn't done any match simulation or full match practice. Still a question mark based on form rather than availability I think

I have 4 premium defenders now.

Mitchell/McVeigh/Thompson/Hanley. I just prefer them to the forward premos. I would much rather take Hanley or Thompson than someone like Cloke.

Hoping this works.

I completely agree. There's a lot more reliable and trustworthy options down back compared to the forwards this year. I'd rather save the money up forward and stock the backline, as opposed to last year where it was basically the reverse.

I have 4 premium defenders now.

Mitchell/McVeigh/Thompson/Hanley. I just prefer them to the forward premos. I would much rather take Hanley or Thompson than someone like Cloke.

Hoping this works.
I completely agree. There's a lot more reliable and trustworthy options down back compared to the forwards this year. I'd rather save the money up forward and stock the backline, as opposed to last year where it was basically the reverse.

Finally a couple of other coaches who've seen the light. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I've had Walker, Bartel, McVeigh & Mitchell in my def all pre-season. Had Hanley in there at D5 at one point as well.

I've had Walker, Bartel, McVeigh & Mitchell in my def all pre-season. Had Hanley in there at D5 at one point as well.

I've been rotating Hanley and Simpson in instead of Walker (I value track record and Walker doesn't have that yet) but I've got the other three cemented in.

I've been rotating Hanley and Simpson in instead of Walker (I value track record and Walker doesn't have that yet) but I've got the other three cemented in.

Will Hanley be playing as a pure mid this year? I'm keen to have him at D5 but not unless I'm 99% confident he can go 100+ average, what do you think he will average?

Will Hanley be playing as a pure mid this year? I'm keen to have him at D5 but not unless I'm 99% confident he can go 100+ average, what do you think he will average?

I'm expecting him to be a pure mid (winger). I'm probably only 90% confident he'll hit that 100 average, but I'm confident it'll be 95+. That's ok for me in a D4 role at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your forward line must be awfully average if you have 4 premo defenders and are considering a 5th I reckon Gingy. :eek:

That's the thing though.

I don't think there are 2 clear cut forward rookies at the moment to be starting with.

Obviously after the NAB Challenge that could change things. :thumbsu:

Surely 2 out of Broomhead, Kennedy-Harris, Garlett, Broomhead, Towers, Honeychurch, Taylor, Kersten, Merrett, Impey will play early and ave 60-65?

Surely 2 out of Broomhead, Kennedy-Harris, Garlett, Broomhead, Towers, Honeychurch, Taylor, Kersten, Merrett, Impey will play early and ave 60-65?

We would all surely be hoping so. :thumbsu:

Even more forward rookie options there by the looks of it with 2 Broomheads to choose now. :D:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back