Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the thinking on that? Just a bit inflated of a price?

He has been played more as a lockdown defender in his first years as an AFL footballer. And he has done well at it. I personally don't think he'll make anyone money.

I'm not sure if he is going to play the same role at West Coast, but I wouldn't select him even if he was on a wing. Still needs a couple of years to develop if they'd like to play him up the ground.

I read yesterday that he is likely to play in week 2 of NAB Challenge, so it won't be availability necessarily that will keep him from playing. As I have stated on other threads, he will need to play well in order to be a Rd 1 certainty. Possibly behind Taylor Duryea for a spot in the backline.
No preseason = no selection.

Upgrade option.

Really starting to think about a replacement for Suckling now in my team.

From what I have heard he wont be ready for round 1.

Best options fellas for a replacement at Sucklings price?

Thinking Yeo, R.Shaw or S.Shaw at this stage.....
This is good news. I was never happy with Suckling in my team but his perceived value made him hard to leave out. Now he's certainly out of calculations and I can look elsewhere.

This is good news. I was never happy with Suckling in my team but his perceived value made him hard to leave out. Now he's certainly out of calculations and I can look elsewhere.

Hoping that the backline rookies impress, would love to be able to start with three of Kolodashnij, McDonald Laidler, Fuller, Langdon, Cutler etc. in the back six with confidence that they will play from round 1.

Really starting to think about a replacement for Suckling now in my team.

From what I have heard he wont be ready for round 1.

Best options fellas for a replacement at Sucklings price?

Thinking Yeo, R.Shaw or S.Shaw at this stage.....

R.shaw's over the hill, Sam Shaw isn't SC quality..

Loving how people aren't rating Yeo.

Just wait til after the NAB games! He'll be the next Kardashian :p

He'll average over 20 disps in the nab games and a fair few people will jump on! I'll put my bigfooty access on it mods ;) Great POD!

Watch this space! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.shaw's over the hill, Sam Shaw isn't SC quality..

Loving how people aren't rating Yeo.

Just wait til after the NAB games! He'll be the next Kardashian :p

He'll average over 20 disps in the nab games and a fair few people will jump on! I'll put my bigfooty access on it mods ;) Great POD!

Watch this space! :)

That's a big call.

Out of curiosity how much have you seen of him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All last year and killed it in the intra which tbh doesn't mean much but I'm pretty confident! Simpson came from a club of sweeping halfbacks in hawthorn and there will be no question he'll slot straight in nicely! Reads the play well and intercepting marks is a bonus in SC

All last year and killed it in the intra which tbh doesn't mean much but I'm pretty confident! Simpson came from a club of sweeping halfbacks in hawthorn and there will be no question he'll slot straight in nicely! Reads the play well and intercepting marks is a bonus in SC

Got confused, who are u commenting on?

Intra club certainly doesn't mean much if anything at all. Guys like James Polkinghorne and Tom Collier have looked amazing in intra club matches before. I think West Coast would be crazy to move Yeo into a different position yet. He is certainly a good reader of the play and is good at intercepting marks but as a player who's primarily focus to is shut his opponent down, I can't really see his 2014 average being much different than his 2013 one.

I've watched him since before he even got into the AFL. He has the potential to one day shift up the field and be super damaging, but I'd be surprised if that happened this year. In fact, I'd be willing to bet anything against him averaging over 20 disposals a match in the NAB Games and the home and away season.

Don't get me wrong, Yeo is easily one of my favourite opposition players, but his current style doesn't suit SuperCoach.

Intra club certainly doesn't mean much if anything at all. Guys like James Polkinghorne and Tom Collier have looked amazing in intra club matches before. I think West Coast would be crazy to move Yeo into a different position yet. He is certainly a good reader of the play and is good at intercepting marks but as a player who's primarily focus to is shut his opponent down, I can't really see his 2014 average being much different than his 2013 one.

I've watched him since before he even got into the AFL. He has the potential to one day shift up the field and be super damaging, but I'd be surprised if that happened this year. In fact, I'd be willing to bet anything against him averaging over 20 disposals a match in the NAB Games and the home and away season.

Don't get me wrong, Yeo is easily one of my favourite opposition players, but his current style doesn't suit SuperCoach.

I guess we'll wait and see ay, odds are 50-1 that he'll average 20 this year but I'm quietly confident he'll be a good pick up in my SC team for my initial squad.

He'll be a perfect downgrade for someone come byes especially with the weagles easy draw

FWIW Suckling has been in full training all preseason, excluding practice matches. Will almost certainly play the last two rounds of Nab Cup. Might lack a bit of match conditioning to begin with but he is in great shape.

Yeo and suckling flying! New pbs every day

Who here reckons McVeigh will keep his scores up?

On the Yeo thing, I'll be steering clear of 2d years. The only on I'd consider is Mitchell from Sydney.

I think McVeigh's scoring for this season largely depends on whether he plays the same role as he did last season (loose across half back). He was tagged in some games last season although still scored well most weeks. When he wasn't given any attention playing across the backline (inexplicably in the semi final last year where he scored 183 and collected 20 disposals in one quarter), he carved it up. I like his early draw but his price puts me off and Sydney are also getting some of their backmen who missed last season back. Memories of that semi-final alone might make me fork out the cash for him!

I think McVeigh's scoring for this season largely depends on whether he plays the same role as he did last season (loose across half back). He was tagged in some games last season although still scored well most weeks. When he wasn't given any attention playing across the backline (inexplicably in the semi final last year where he scored 183 and collected 20 disposals in one quarter), he carved it up. I like his early draw but his price puts me off and Sydney are also getting some of their backmen who missed last season back. Memories of that semi-final alone might make me fork out the cash for him!
If there are backmen comming back, that may see him in the mids a bit more. Tricky....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back