Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people think of Elliot Yeo? Could have a good year at the eagles me thinks.

What do people think of Elliot Yeo? Could have a good year at the eagles me thinks.
I think Yeo is a better option than Hurn, I believe people are picking Hurn because of Waters' absence. IMO Yeo is the better pick of the two, he will be one of the main avenues out of defence for West Coast and has more scope for improvement than Hurn. Both are inconsistent scorers, so why not take the cheapest option of the two.

I think Yeo is a better option than Hurn, I believe people are picking Hurn because of Waters' absence. IMO Yeo is the better pick of the two, he will be one of the main avenues out of defence for West Coast and has more scope for improvement than Hurn. Both are inconsistent scorers, so why not take the cheapest option of the two.
Waiting to see the pre-season.

Not crazy about Yeo. I'm surprised his name has come up so often, I watch a lot of football and I just don't think he's that flash. I can't see him throwing up 90s, I think most of WC list are just full of disappointments besides maybe Darling. Their defenders struggle to get on the park, gaff is the most overrated player since Cyril and you can leave me out of Kennedy at the price. I don't have any of them but trying to squeeze darling in. It's probably him v pav for that spot.

Not crazy about Yeo. I'm surprised his name has come up so often, I watch a lot of football and I just don't think he's that flash. I can't see him throwing up 90s, I think most of WC list are just full of disappointments besides maybe Darling. Their defenders struggle to get on the park, gaff is the most overrated player since Cyril and you can leave me out of Kennedy at the price. I don't have any of them but trying to squeeze darling in. It's probably him v pav for that spot.
Darling popped out scores of 23, 41, 48, 50,54 and 56 last year. Kennedy had 31, 45 and 55. All other scores for both players were 60+

Just saying..

After watching Yeo during his time at Brisbane, I wouldn't be selecting him in my supercoach side. He is a good player, but his playing style doesn't suit supercoach.
Vossy's coaching style doesn't suit Supercoach, you mean.. :)

Vossy's coaching style doesn't suit Supercoach, you mean.. :)

I get the impression that you wouldn't know what a Brisbane game looked like if it bit you so are just repeating boring and stupid cliches rather than any attempt at actual SC analysis. Feel free to pick Yeo. He's a good player, and I'm not happy that we lost him. But he's a responsible defender with 50/50 disposal skills, not a rebounding defender.

I get the impression that you wouldn't know what a Brisbane game looked like if it bit you so are just repeating boring and stupid cliches rather than any attempt at actual SC analysis. Feel free to pick Yeo. He's a good player, and I'm not happy that we lost him. But he's a responsible defender with 50/50 disposal skills, not a rebounding defender.

dlanod which Brissy rookies (if any) do you think will play round 1 ?

Darling popped out scores of 23, 41, 48, 50,54 and 56 last year. Kennedy had 31, 45 and 55. All other scores for both players were 60+

Just saying..

He burned me last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dlanod which Brissy rookies (if any) do you think will play round 1 ?

At this point, Aish would be an obvious choice. Other than that, Close might be a bolter to play a KPF role (not a rookie, but didn't play last year) and Robertson is a bit of a smokey. He's apparently been tearing up the preseason but his dad's on BF so we might be getting biased reports. :)

At this point, Aish would be an obvious choice. Other than that, Close might be a bolter to play a KPF role (not a rookie, but didn't play last year) and Robertson is a bit of a smokey. He's apparently been tearing up the preseason but his dad's on BF so we might be getting biased reports. :)

Roberston...never heard of him.

What about Cutler & Taylor?

Do you think Dan Mcstay will play games and score well?

Roberston...never heard of him.

What about Cutler & Taylor?

Taylor had surgery and would be starting behind the likes of Green, Zorko, Bewick and McGrath as a small forward to start with. He'll probably get games but not for a while. Cutler's in our deepest spot - Adcock, Golby and Harwood all played well as small defenders last year, so even with Yeo and Doc leaving Cutler would have to beat one of them or wait for an injury.

Do you think Dan Mcstay will play games and score well?

Nope. He was drafted to replace Maguire/Merrett/Patfull in a couple of years as a KPD.

Taylor had surgery and would be starting behind the likes of Green, Zorko, Bewick and McGrath as a small forward to start with. He'll probably get games but not for a while. Cutler's in our deepest spot - Adcock, Golby and Harwood all played well as small defenders last year, so even with Yeo and Doc leaving Cutler would have to beat one of them or wait for an injury.

Nope. He was drafted to replace Maguire/Merrett/Patfull in a couple of years as a KPD.

ugh I am hoping too put in a smokey back rookie.

How about Darcy Gardiner?

ugh I am hoping too put in a smokey back rookie.

How about Darcy Gardiner?

Neither Gardiner or McStay are likely to play seniors next year.As Dlanod mentioned earlier, they were drafted to replace our current KPD's in the next few years. We'd need a lot of injuries for them to get games this year.

I'd put as cross through Taylor, McStay, Gardiner and Cutler's names for 2014 in Supercoach.

Robertson has been very good throughout the pre season according to the Brisbane board and other Lions supporters I know.

Aish is probably the most likely of our draftees to play round one. But even then I'd say there are first year players that are better options.

Jed Adcock really interests me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back