Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adcock, Brown, Green, Moloney would walk into most teams.

Well that's also wrong. Green and Brown definitely wouldn't. Moloney might, Adcock probably would.

I've had a few bosses like that and no I'm a professional, I still did my job to the best of my ability, looked for another job and left with a reference. Come on, do you remember 186? He was probably the worst out of the whole lot.

Not all people are like that, Moloney seems to be a bit of a sook honestly, but that doesn't change his footballing ability. 186 he was absolutely deplorable, but you can't just use the one game. It's like saying Tutt's a gun because his first game was 26 disposals and 4 goals.

We're obviously going to disagree on this point, so agree to disagree?

Well that's also wrong. Green and Brown definitely wouldn't. Moloney might, Adcock probably would.

At his best would be in most teams best 22 even now that he is declining he is still a gun.

At his best would be in most teams best 22 even now that he is declining he is still a gun.

Not right now. A couple of years ago, sure, but not now. Leadership is still among the best in the game, but he's not that good a player anymore. Still good, but Merrett is almost a better KPF than him which is saying something.

The reality is Brown would struggle to get on the park no matter who he played for. Was a great player, but his body will not allow him to play at that standard any longer without breaking down which is a shame but this is generally the case with KP players of his age bracket. Surprised he didn't retire at the end of last year TBH.

Who would you cut from the Tigers Elimination finals side to put him in?

I love Brown but if it wasn't for his rep he wouldn't be in anyone's best 22. As it is, the rep means he gets the opposition's best defender and gets paid a lot of attention by the third man up so acts as a good decoy. He'd get a game in teams missing a top notch KPF for that reason mainly, but teams like Sydney, Hawthorn, WCE, Collingwood, etc, have real threats.

Trust me, Not one team would play Vickery he is a spud.

I've seen him play well a few times. But doesn't deliver anywhere near as often as you'd want from a KPF frustrating player. Can look like a star when he has one of his rare day outs.

Trust me, Not one team would play Vickery he is a spud.
Not one team would recruit Ben Cousins, or Jono Brown in 2014, regardless of how much of a champion he used to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The opinions expressed are my own. You just keep parroting what all the other sheep on the Brissy team board think about your list/best 22

Bolded are senior players on your list that fall in one or more of the average, medicore, has-been & spud categories.

Luke
McGuane

Ryan
Harwood

Brent
Moloney

Jack
Crisp

Josh
Green

Jed
Adcock

Rohan
Bewick

Ashley
McGrath

Stefan
Martin

Trent
West

Jonathan
Brown

Jordan
Lisle

James
Polkinghorne

Andrew
Raines

Ryan
Lester

Matt
Maguire

Quite a few "best 22" players there :rainbow:

Just about all of those players deserve to be in the best 22. Harwood, Lester and Green are all still young and developing. Moloney had an injury riddled 2013 but still played some good football for us. Adcock is a good player and a leader. Raines is a good run with player, just ask Ablett. Lester is a very promising player, he can play down back as a small or tall and do a good job or he can play in the midfield and rack up the contested ball. Maguire has been seriously underrated in his time with us, been good for us down back. And well, you just don't drop Johnathan Brown. Keep in mind I'm not saying he is as good as he once was, but his leadership and ability to inspire his team is still as good as any.

You know nothing about our list.

Not a lot of love for Andrew Walker. Considering him as a POD instead of McVeigh or Mitchell??

As an eventual upgrade I reckon,

Last year was his first above 85 ave,

I think he's pretty much fully priced, as is McVeigh,

Mitchell is priced at 105 and has shown he can go 110+ (2011 & 2012),

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back