Position 2014 SC Rucks

What structure will you be going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Minson confirmed this morning on radio he was travelling to Perth - imagining he will play so must have been a long shot rumour started yesterday about his back troubles

Will Minson confirmed this morning on radio he was travelling to Perth - imagining he will play so must have been a long shot rumour started yesterday about his back troubles

I actually believe Jars (Adelaide MMM) probably* stuffed up when mentioning back injury and said Minson, when he should have said Griffen, FWIW :oops:

* Still don't know if he said anything or not, no one has any 'proof',

I'm just going to put this out there before I release my team on Sunday and incur the wrath of this board for not selecting Luey given me staunch support of him over the past month.

I've switched Luey to McEvoy. Given I only had 3k in the bank, I needed that extra 20k to enable the possibility of me being able to go Georgiou->Langdon after Round 2 if he kills it again in Round 2. I wasn't comfortable swapping any of my other picks. If I had the spare cash, I'd still be going Luey in an instant, but I don't, so McEvoy is the next best option.

I'm just going to put this out there before I release my team on Sunday and incur the wrath of this board for not selecting Luey given me staunch support of him over the past month.

I've switched Luey to McEvoy. Given I only had 3k in the bank, I needed that extra 20k to enable the possibility of me being able to go Georgiou->Langdon after Round 2 if he kills it again in Round 2. I wasn't comfortable swapping any of my other picks. If I had the spare cash, I'd still be going Luey in an instant, but I don't, so McEvoy is the next best option.

Awww... Now I'n the only one left with Leuey :(

Fellas,

Anyone looking at Hickey at R3 if no rookies get named? Lots of cash on the bench I know...

This got me thinking... rather than a Goldstein(600k)/Sandi(300k) and Rookie/Rookie(100k x2) set up would it be an idea to have 3 300k players... Sandi, Hickey & Hampson and a dunce ruck from a team that plays alot of Sunday Twilight games.
Then play the loophole all year with Hickey and Hampson depending who plays first.

This got me thinking... rather than a Goldstein(600k)/Sandi(300k) and Rookie/Rookie(100k x2) set up would it be an idea to have 3 300k players... Sandi, Hickey & Hampson and a dunce ruck from a team that plays alot of Sunday Twilight games.
Then play the loophole all year with Hickey and Hampson depending who plays first.

Been holding this one up my sleeve as an option damn you!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing is I chickened out and Swapped Hampson for Ryder just before the tigers game so will cost me a trade to do it... well you know what they say... 'When on Bigfooty do as Judd Magic does'. ;)

Trade Trade Trade. :thumbsu:

The only thing is I chickened out and Swapped Hampson for Ryder just before the tigers game so will cost me a trade to do it... well you know what they say... 'When on Bigfooty do as Judd Magic does'. ;)
You could still do it using McIntosh instead of Hampson which would probably be better scoring anyway. McIntosh wouldn't be such an injury risk with Hickey at R3. I wouldn't do it though because it's unlikely that even the best score from the two of them would be as high as the premium ruck they replace so you would lose a lot of points. Also a lot of people are using their R4 for the captain's loophole. What would happen if you wanted to make your R4 captain to get your VC's score? That would mean you'd be stuck with the score of whichever of your F2/F3 you had made emergency anyway (if I understand the emergency loophole correctly). The only way I see around that would be to have a second non playing rookie somewhere else in your team for the captain's loophole. That's too much loss of revenue raising ability for me.

You'll be out of trades before Round 16, but god knows you'll have fun doing it :p

LOL!

I'm trying to not make the same mistakes I've made in the past by blowing trades left right and centre to start off with.:p

I actually don't plan on doing a trade till round 7. :eek:
kirkpatrick-maloney-obamacare-laughing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back