Position 2014 SC Rucks

What structure will you be going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryder or Leuey?

It's tough because I reckon Ryder will go huge and be a top 5 ruckman whilst Bellchambers is out, but when he comes back in you'd obviously expect Ryder's scores to drop off, eventually resulting in a sidewards trade. Is it really worth it or should I play it safe and go with Leuenberger ?

I think that was supposed to be a bit sarcastic...

...but you might want to actually have a look how Cox goes with and without NN in the team. ;)
Nic Nat - 2012 - 20 games - 114.2 avg
Dean Cox - 2012 - 22 games - 112.3 avg

There weren't 42 games in 2012 for the WCE, so I would assume that they played in the same games ;)

I thought he'd fit your game style perfectly. You could just trade him out if he gets injured:thumbsu::D

LOL!

I'm trying to not make the same mistakes I've made in the past by blowing trades left right and centre to start off with.:p

I actually don't plan on doing a trade till round 7. :eek:

After liking Jacobs all pre-season (still do) I'm going with Hickey.

Why?

Jake Spencer averaged 77 last season in 8 games in a team that got flogged regularly.
Jonathan Giles averaged 93 in 2012 playing 20 games and 75 in 2013 playing 22 games. Again, playing for a side that regularly got flogged.
Zac Smith 78 in 2011 over 20 games, again for a team that got regularly flogged.
Dean Brogan averaged 85 in 2011 over 12 games getting flogged regularly.

Theory - sole ruckmen in teams that have gotten flogged over the last few years averaged more than 75. I'd consider Hickey more afl ready then Smith was in his first season, and a better player than both Giles and Spencer. Brogan was both more mature and a better player than Hickey is atm so that's the exception here.

Kinda nervous going with him, don't really want it blowing up in my face but hoping like crazy he can put up some decent scores til around mid-season. As you can see I'm trying to convince myself that this isn't a bad idea. It's either Scott D. Thompson and Hickey or any ruckman and Webster, preferring the former option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LOL!

I'm trying to not make the same mistakes I've made in the past by blowing trades left right and centre to start off with.:p

I actually don't plan on doing a trade till round 7. :eek:
I'm pretty certain JM's account has been hacked, Chief may need to look in to it. :D

After liking Jacobs all pre-season (still do) I'm going with Hickey.

Why?

Jake Spencer averaged 77 last season in 8 games in a team that got flogged regularly.
Jonathan Giles averaged 93 in 2012 playing 20 games and 75 in 2013 playing 22 games. Again, playing for a side that regularly got flogged.
Zac Smith 78 in 2011 over 20 games, again for a team that got regularly flogged.
Dean Brogan averaged 85 in 2011 over 12 games getting flogged regularly.

Theory - sole ruckmen in teams that have gotten flogged over the last few years averaged more than 75. I'd consider Hickey more afl ready then Smith was in his first season, and a better player than both Giles and Spencer. Brogan was both more mature and a better player than Hickey is atm so that's the exception here.

Kinda nervous going with him, don't really want it blowing up in my face but hoping like crazy he can put up some decent scores til around mid-season. As you can see I'm trying to convince myself that this isn't a bad idea. It's either Scott D. Thompson and Hickey or any ruckman and Webster, preferring the former option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Priced at 58 pts and likely to get plenty of Ruck time, go for it.....:thumbsu:

Fellas,

Anyone looking at Hickey at R3 if no rookies get named? Lots of cash on the bench I know...
I am, got cash to spend so it's coming under serious consideration :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder or Leuey?

It's tough because I reckon Ryder will go huge and be a top 5 ruckman whilst Bellchambers is out, but when he comes back in you'd obviously expect Ryder's scores to drop off, eventually resulting in a sidewards trade. Is it really worth it or should I play it safe and go with Leuenberger ?
mate belly was in essendon team last year and ryder stil averages 90. he 26 entering his prime. ryder will play frwd alot to because of the roation cap and the fact essendon r weaker there with cramers off to dogs. also hes a handy forward regardless can kick a few sausage rolls. can even play back if needed. ryder is a great choice.

Hey all,

Is it worth it to have sandi, hmac and then hickey on the bench...it is alot on the bench but good cover if one of the 'post-injury' guys fallover and with a breakeven of 58 and being the sole ruck you would think that hickey may get a better score than that more often than not...thoughts?

Hey all,

Is it worth it to have sandi, hmac and then hickey on the bench...it is alot on the bench but good cover if one of the 'post-injury' guys fallover and with a breakeven of 58 and being the sole ruck you would think that hickey may get a better score than that more often than not...thoughts?
there will be a lot of varying opinions, I assume most people will be against the idea because having 300k+ on the bench is not ideal
in saying that though, I ended up with 400k left over after I completed my team, so as I said above I'm really considering it

got spare cash and happy with the rest of your team = go for it
have to downgrade somebody you're set on to free up cash = don't do it

have goldstien r1. thinking my mids are a bit thin with a 3-1-6 line up. down grading r1 to a hickey or mcintosh. high risk high reward, rucks usually ooze points.... it then enables me to upgrade a mitchie to a premo??

gotta love last minute bright ideas!!!!..... any thoughts??

Last edited:
You're also assuming that last year didn't exist...:confused:

EDIT: And just FWIW, in 2012, Cox had 6 games of 120+ (DT) and 135+ (SC)...2 of them in the games NN didn't play.
Last year Nic was injured most of it so structures were altered to nurse him.

So in 2 out of 8 games Cox scored well when NN didn't play, what about the 6 out of 8 where he scored well when both played??

Leuy v Ryder v McEvoy ??
I dont think you can go too far wrong with any of them but id rank them McEvoy (just) Luey, then Ryder. Either of the first two would probably stay in your side all year where as Ryder might have to be traded when TBC returns. My reasoning for McEvoy is that at the hawks he should get plenty of chances to score well from hits to advantage being surrounded by better mids and goals from resting forward and being spoon fed by the hawks kicking skills

Leuy v Ryder v McEvoy ??

Leunberger, McEvoy, Ryder

Leunberger - keeper if fit for whole season should finish in top 5 rucks
McEvoy - could be a keeper if he performs well, will be close to top 5 rucks
Ryder - Will go through a down period if he plays all season or miss a few games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back