Mod. Notice 2015 Bay 13 Feedback and Suggestions Thread

What are your thoughts on the current state of Bay 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have less meltdowns in the bay please.
I'd like vic melts to be more on the level. As soon as someone say boo or otherwise from elsewhere it seems to be a melt without validation. There is a discrepancy.

We had a pretty extensive Agriculture program at ours and, yes, we did catch a bloke chock-a-block up a sheep once.

Conveniently, and honestly, his real name was Barry.

So yeah, if you're out there Baaaaaaaaarry Welch, you're one sick bastard.
Was it a hogget?

Never watched it. Explain how.

It was a good show when it was on. Basically there are about 10-12 contestants. One of them is chosen as the "mole" and other other contestants don't know who that is. The main job of the mole is to sabotage (without being caught or making it obvious) the challenges so that the final prize pool isn't that much in the end. The job of the contestants is to earn money, through the challenges, to make the final prize pool worthwhile, and at the same time they have to try to work out who the mole is. So there is a bit of team work in it, but also it is an individual game.

At the end of each challenge there is a questionnaire which is specifically related to the mole and his/her activities during that challenge. The contestant who answered the most incorrect questions goes home. The contestant left standing and who guesses correctly who the mole is, wins the prize pool money and the game.

It doesn't matter if you get all the questions right either. You don't win until there are only two left; you and the mole.

I reckon we can tailor it to make it work over the net.

Maybe even a comp where only eliases can enter? Then once they're out of the comp they're outed or something along those lines?

I like it! I'm in! :thumbsu:

Agree with Stronzo, idea has merit.

Not sure how some of the hurdles would be negotiated though, the mole remaining hidden would be hard because surely someone here would notice them f***ing shit up.

EDIT: Holy shit, Elias mole!

Lulz. Elias mole is great, although I do like the idea of knowing who the posters actually are too.

If the mole f@#ks shit up, then he/she isn't a very good mole. ;)

It was a good show when it was on. Basically there are about 10-12 contestants. One of them is chosen as the "mole" and other other contestants don't know who that is. The main job of the mole is to sabotage (without being caught or making it obvious) the challenges so that the final prize pool isn't that much in the end. The job of the contestants is to earn money, through the challenges, to make the final prize pool worthwhile, and at the same time they have to try to work out who the mole is. So there is a bit of team work in it, but also it is an individual game.

At the end of each challenge there is a questionnaire which is specifically related to the mole and his/her activities during that challenge. The contestant who answered the most incorrect questions goes home. The contestant left standing and who guesses correctly who the mole is, wins the prize pool money and the game.

It doesn't matter if you get all the questions right either. You don't win until there are only two left; you and the mole.

Lulz. Elias mole is great, although I do like the idea of knowing who the posters actually are too.

Newly minted Eliases only I reckon as people may already know some.

Only the mods would know and it would take the popularity vote out of it too.

Newly minted Eliases only I reckon as people may already know some.

Only the mods would know and it would take the popularity vote out of it too.

Why am I not surprised you of all people are liking the elias version? :)

Hey guys!

I hear you're thinking about starting a new game show and I just wanted to chuck my hat in the ring as a possible host! I'd really appreciate the work as Family Feud is starting to fizzle out and it will probably be cancelled in the new year. :(

Anyway, we surveyed a hundred people and asked just how far I'd go to get a gig on your new show, and the top answers were:

1: Give Chief a blow job
2: Eat fresh dog shit on camera
3: Take S00z out on a romantic dinner
4: Spend a week in Adelaide
5: Read all of DivvyBlues' threads

Oh please consider me for the job!

Would be interesting if us regular folk had the ability to threadban posters from the threads we make. Kind of a 'self policing' option. Worst that could happen is someone goes nuts and bans everyone but themselves... looking at you 'staffy.

I think most us want more ways to reward quality posters & punish shit ones ourselves without having to call on the mods. The Bay is basically a school playground for "grownups" and nobody wants to go running to the teacher for help, or bug the principal to give their mate a gold star because he laid the smackdown on some dweeb.

Weekly competitions where we get to vote someone off the island or award them an 8th place participation ribbon would be an alright mechanism. Potential to be abused of course, but also potential to discourage flogs from spamming crap or risk being voted against.
The irony is the Bay isn't really about hanging shit on other clubs its about hanging shit on other clubs' posters, yet we're forbidden from making threads about specific posters. I'm not arguing that rule should be changed but one reason so many threads descend into shitfights is because posters want to engage each other (erm... NTTAWWT) but they're almost forced to veer threads off-topic to do so. Maybe you could create a weekly authorized shitfight thread, perhaps even relax the moderation standards in that one thread to encourage flogs to post in it. It could be argued the divvy already serves this purpose but I look at it more as a dumping ground.

Hey guys!

I hear you're thinking about starting a new game show and I just wanted to chuck my hat in the ring as a possible host! I'd really appreciate the work as Family Feud is starting to fizzle out and it will probably be cancelled in the new year. :(

Anyway, we surveyed a hundred people and asked just how far I'd go to get a gig on your new show, and the top answers were:

1: Give Chief a blow job
2: Eat fresh dog shit on camera
3: Take S00z out on a romantic dinner
4: Spend a week in Adelaide
5: Read all of DivvyBlues' threads

Oh please consider me for the job!
Reading all of Divvy blues posts, you are keen.

Yeah, the idea would be that the players were known and the mole was an Elias or some shit.

I dunno, it just seems that to adapt that format to here, things would need to be done differently. Survivor fits easily because it's immunity challenge/vote/repeat, The Mole has a different formula.

Would be interesting if us regular folk had the ability to threadban posters from the threads we make. Kind of a 'self policing' option. Worst that could happen is someone goes nuts and bans everyone but themselves... looking at you 'staffy.

I think most us want more ways to reward quality posters & punish shit ones ourselves without having to call on the mods. The Bay is basically a school playground for "grownups" and nobody wants to go running to the teacher for help, or bug the principal to give their mate a gold star because he laid the smackdown on some dweeb.

So you want a forum for grown-ups, yet paragraph 1 suggests threadbanning posters in your own threads. o_O

Weekly competitions where we get to vote someone off the island or award them an 8th place participation ribbon would be an alright mechanism. Potential to be abused of course, but also potential to discourage flogs from spamming crap or risk being voted against.
The irony is the Bay isn't really about hanging shit on other clubs its about hanging shit on other clubs' posters, yet we're forbidden from making threads about specific posters. I'm not arguing that rule should be changed but one reason so many threads descend into shitfights is because posters want to engage each other (erm... NTTAWWT) but they're almost forced to veer threads off-topic to do so. Maybe you could create a weekly authorized shitfight thread, perhaps even relax the moderation standards in that one thread to encourage flogs to post in it. It could be argued the divvy already serves this purpose but I look at it more as a dumping ground.

I would argue the opposite to this, the bay is at it's best when the clubs are targeted. Just look at the vintage threads, aside from the backfires and melts, they're all threads targeting clubs, players, or everything on the football landscape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would argue the opposite to this, the bay is at it's best when the clubs are targeted. Just look at the vintage threads, aside from the backfires and melts, they're all threads targeting clubs, players, or everything on the football landscape.

I think it's safe to say that the shit clubs have shit posters because the shit clubs are shit because they harbour angry D/H's that post shit posts.:drunk:

I think it's safe to say that the shit clubs have shit posters because the shit clubs are shit because they harbour angry D/H's that post shit posts.:drunk:
Yet a Melbourne supporter won the Toots Medal and Poster of the Year. :cool:

tl;dr

Yet a Melbourne supporter won the Toots Medal and Poster of the Year. :cool:
Did you just kind of say you think your club is shit? :eek: melbourne isn't a shit club, at least melbourne aren't drunk on cola, smashed on peds or have a captain who is the biggest hack in he league if you can even find him.

I have a suggestion, why dont' you go out and meet people.

Did you just kind of say you think your club is shit? :eek: melbourne isn't a shit club, at least melbourne aren't drunk on cola, smashed on peds or have a captain who is the biggest hack in he league if you can even find him.
Now I get you, thought you were talking about clubs who are shit on field.

Yeah, the idea would be that the players were known and the mole was an Elias or some shit.

I dunno, it just seems that to adapt that format to here, things would need to be done differently. Survivor fits easily because it's immunity challenge/vote/repeat, The Mole has a different formula.

I can understand what you are saying, but it's worth putting a little thought into it. The mole formula and how it could be adapted for the Bay is quite simple.

Firstly, how to select the mole. Let's say we have 16 posters who become contestants. We can then assign each one a number and then use a random number generator to assign the mole. That's the mole taken care of. I still think we should use normal usernames and not eliases and that includes an elias for the mole. It would be too easy to know who the mole is if it was just an elias. Normal usernames, or everyone is an elias.

Now for the game itself. So as in survivor, we have challenges. That part we keep the same (the challenges will be different of course). Instead of competing for immunity, this time the contestants are competing for prize money (not real of course), or we could do something like flog points, or Duritz points. The difference is that the contestants must work together to earn the money/points. The winner of these points/money obviously gets a badge or something and the title of course. How to make this work whilst including the mole? Let's think about it.

So obviously the task of the mole is to sabotage the challenges so the money/points becomes minimal at the end. His/her job is also to remain unknown so he can win the game. There should be at least 4-5 contestants in the final questionnaire. The challenges themselves could vary from similar write ups to survivor, to photoshop images, to actual games etc. How to designate the money/points? Maybe the host could have something like a 25, 50, 75, and 100 percent system in that each of these groups represents a percentage money/points earned during each challenge. The host could be supported by 3 other people (mods probably) who will vote on this for each contestants entry. The challenges have to be team orientated with each contestant having to put some effort into winning the money/points. Each contestant should enter in an order so as to make the questions easier/better in the mole questionnaire later on.

As an example, say there's 16 contestants for the first challenge, then the total prize pool to be won could be $36000/36000 points (16 x $2000/2000). Say contestant 1's effort was in the 75% mark, then he/she will earn the game 75% of $2000/2000 ($1500/1500). The hardest part about awarding the percentages is that a criteria must be set up before each challenge so that the host can measure each contestants performance against it. The challenges need to be relatively simple.

The great thing about the mole is that anyone can act like the mole to put someone off the scent of the "true" mole.

At the end of each challenge, there should about 6-10 questions about the challenge and what the mole did/said. This shouldn't be too hard to design. For example: Is the mole male? In which group did the mole enter his challenge: 5, 10, or 15? Which team does the mole support? What are the first two letters of the moles username?

Other things to consider would be (taken from the website):

FREEBIE
A token that allows the holder to correct a wrong answer on the Quiz. Contestants can determine at which quiz they use their Freebie, but each Freebie can only be used once.

HIDDEN QUESTION
A clue found in a challenge that gives you advance knowledge of one question in the quiz. It allows the finder of the clue – that is often hidden – to ask questions throughout the game to find out more information to answer that question.

MOLE DIARY
Every contestant receives a diary in their mole pack. This is their bible and allows them to write down every thought they have about challenges, contestants and who they think is The Mole.

EXEMPTION
This is a sought- after token and allows a contestant a one-off chance to avoid the next quiz and Termination. An exemption comes at a cost to the holder before it can be played.

The mole diary, submitted after each questionnaire, would be pretty fun because that's where all the snipping, floggery, and mole guessing could take place.

Anyway, I reckon it could work and I am willing to help out, or even host if needed. The challenge will be to think of "challenges" for each round.

Everything of course will be related mostly to AFL.

Last edited:
Yidaki ...it's kinda like you are overly excited by this because you have no life.

friend.

Well yes, yes it was.

Go surrender somewhere else, you campaigner.

Nah you are wrong friend. I'm just adding a suggestion to the Bay community. I really couldn't care less if it happens or doesn't happen. :rainbow:

Maybe each bay poster's number of times mash button pressed can be displayed so we know who not to offend anymore and that number can do the job of offending on its own.

I kinda like this idea, will show who is full of shit hypocrite and who isnt. I am mainly talking about hawk posters who are the biggest button masher hypocrites on all boards actually fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back