2015 Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide's. I'm not super familiar with their team but here's a good guess.

Backs
Hombsch (Partial 28) - Carlile (Partial Pickett) - Jonas (Rookie 16)
Half Backs
Pittard (Partial Burgoyne) - Trengove (22) - Broadbent (38)
Center
Polec (1st + 2nd Round Pick Downgrade) - Ebert (2nd Round Pick Downgrade) - Hartlett (4)
Half Forward
Gray (55) - Westhoff (71) - Wingard (6)
Forward
Monfries (48) - Schulz (Farmer + 71) - White (Free Agent)
Ruck
Ryder (17 + 37) - Boak (5) - Wines (7)
Bench
Lobbe (16) - Krakouer (Rookie 16) - Impey (21 from Polec Downgrade) - Neade (Partial 28)
Schulz for farmer and 71 ..wow. Richmond did well there.

Grigg is slow as treacle

If a player is talented enough they're not missing out on opportunities based on a lack speed alone. Many slow players have successful careers. I'm sure there has to be more to it than this. You can't say he's underperformed either. Even as a sub, he has the best record in the AFL for 'impact on games' since the rule was brought in.

Lets do some maths...

Assumption #1: We bring in 3 players during trade week. The most likely candidates are Hampton, Aish and Menzel, but it really doesn't matter who - it's the number that matters.
Assumption #2: Dangerfield is traded to Geelong, for 2 first round draft selections.
Assumption #3: We use 3 "live" selections at the National Draft.
Assumption #4: JPod retires and Brodie Martin is delisted.
Assumption #5: Atkins and M Crouch re-sign.

Fact #1 - Reilly has already retired and we know Siggins won't be around in 2016.
Fact #2 - ROB and Kelly will be promoted to the senior list.

The maths is therefore as follows...
We need to create 8 list vacancies - 3 for newly traded players, 3 for draftees, 2 for promoted rookies.
We currently have 5 list vacancies - Reilly, JPod, Siggins, Martin, Dangerfield.

This means that we need to create 3 more vacancies on the team list. I would like to see Shaw delisted, but our shortage of KPDs probably means that we're stuck with him for another year. The most likely players to depart are (in no particular order): CEY, Grigg, Kerridge and Wright. If those assumptions turn out to be correct, then it's highly likely that 3 of the 4 will be gone in just over a month's time. It's possible that some of those assumptions will not turn out to be correct, in which case 2-3 of them might survive instead of just the 1.

Pretty good assumptions.

I think we may only go for 2 live picks considering its not a deep draft, and would will be using a lot of picks in trades.

Pretty good assumptions.

I think we may only go for 2 live picks considering its not a deep draft, and would will be using a lot of picks in trades.
I'm guessing we'll get 2x 1st round picks for Dangerfield, with our existing 1st round pick going to Brisbane for Aish. I think we'll use those 2x 1sts and our 2nd in the draft. Just a guess though.

If we can't get rid of them like a contagious disease in the trade week.

McKay, Wright and Hendo have to gtfo of our club.

If we are freaking out about paying off the contract, who cares, much better to rip the bandaid off fast and stop it pissing you off for another 3 years, just taking up prime space.

Thanks, we have done really well from pick 40 to the rookie draft.

Considering Jenkins and Jacobs started their careers as rookies it makes you wonder why early draft picks are valued so high.
Betts started as a rookie too!

I don't see any of those players at the club next year. Not a single one.
I reckon 2 of the 4 will still be at Afc next year.

Just can't tell you which 2 out of cey, Lyons, Grigg & kerridge.

Lets do some maths...

Assumption #1: We bring in 3 players during trade week. The most likely candidates are Hampton, Aish and Menzel, but it really doesn't matter who - it's the number that matters.
Assumption #2: Dangerfield is traded to Geelong, for 2 first round draft selections.
Assumption #3: We use 3 "live" selections at the National Draft.
Assumption #4: JPod retires and Brodie Martin is delisted.
Assumption #5: Atkins and M Crouch re-sign.

Fact #1 - Reilly has already retired and we know Siggins won't be around in 2016.
Fact #2 - ROB and Kelly will be promoted to the senior list.

The maths is therefore as follows...
We need to create 8 list vacancies - 3 for newly traded players, 3 for draftees, 2 for promoted rookies.
We currently have 5 list vacancies - Reilly, JPod, Siggins, Martin, Dangerfield.

This means that we need to create 3 more vacancies on the team list. I would like to see Shaw delisted, but our shortage of KPDs probably means that we're stuck with him for another year. The most likely players to depart are (in no particular order): CEY, Grigg, Kerridge and Wright. If those assumptions turn out to be correct, then it's highly likely that 3 of the 4 will be gone in just over a month's time. It's possible that some of those assumptions will not turn out to be correct, in which case 2-3 of them might survive instead of just the 1.
Promoted rookies I believe cam count towards the 3 minimum draftees.

Wright, Osborn and Martin are the guys that I think will go. I would be pretty sad to see any of CEY, Grigg or Kerridge go as I don't think they have had a solid run to prove themselves yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retired:
JPod
Reilly

Delisted:
Siggins
Martin
Wright

Rookie:
Ramsay - Retained
Wilson - Retained
OBrien - Promoted
Kelly - Retain
Osborn - Delisted (Replaced by Greenwood)

Trade:
Kerridge for MTalia
Lyons for Hampton
Henderson & R3 for Menzel

Draft: (3 Spots)
R1 - Outside Mid (Tucker, Bonner, Milera)
R2 - KPF
R3 - Traded
R4 - Outside Mid (Haysman)

Rookie (2 Spots)
R1 - Ruck
R2 - CHB

Retirement:
Pods
Reilly

Delisting:
Siggins
Martin
Otten

Trade:
Wright (gone either way)
MacKay*
Grigg
Matt Crouch
Lyons
Dangerfield
Kerridge

*Would anyone take on the extra 2 or 3 years of his deal?

So off the list will be
J Pod
B Reilly
Siggins
Martin
Otten
Wright
Kerridge
Grigg
Dangerfield
Lyons

We need some depth players. Otten, Grigg, Kerridge and Lyons should be kept if we dont or cant trade them. 3 picks in the draft is enough.

Otten won't be a competative AFL player again. His knees are shot and has zero pace.

Grigg, Kerridge and Lyons will request a trade.

Kerridge will get us a pick that will thenb gety on tradecd to GWS.

If a player is talented enough they're not missing out on opportunities based on a lack speed alone. Many slow players have successful careers. I'm sure there has to be more to it than this. You can't say he's underperformed either. Even as a sub, he has the best record in the AFL for 'impact on games' since the rule was brought in.

Grigg's speed is an issue because of the profile of our club. We are already way too slow. We simply can't afford to select him. Look how much better we looked when we added Knight to the side. It helps having guys who can actually run.

Grigg is a decent player though and it wouldn't surprise me if another club picks him up. He may even suit Hawthorn. They have a tendency to pick up flawed players who are elite kicks.

On another note, although I've been disappointed with some of the criticism levelled at Van Berlo over the year, he needs to go. If he has any pride left he will retire at the end of this season. I know he still has a year on his contract but he's a complete liability out there. If he's as much a professional as his reputation suggests, he will retire.

Last edited:
Grigg's speed is an issue because of the profile of our club. We are already way too slow. We simply can't afford to select him. Look how much better we looked when we added Knight to the side. It helps having guys who can actually run.

Grigg is a decent player though and it wouldn't surprise me if another club picks him up. He may even suit Hawthorn. They have a tendency to pick up flawed players who are elite kicks.

Is having the speedy Mackay or the endurance athlete VB in the team is going to benefit us more than Grigg? The hawks didn't beat us with speed or endurance.

We need to be ruthless in this off season

Retirement:
Pods
Reilly
Van Berlo (show him the light)

Delisting:
Siggins
Martin
Wright
Otten

Trade:
MacKay (show him the door he is terrible and not up to AFL)
Lyons
Dangerfield
Kerridge

We need to give Grigg a full run next year, i think he has great potential and we need to give him some full games, will be very disappointed if he is traded/delisted and if he requests a trade will be our fault only.

I have a feeling Wilson will be delisted, with Ramsey a small chance to be aswell.

We will delist/retire: Pods, Reilly, Martin, Siggins, Osbourne(cat B rookie), Wilson.
We will also delist one of our medium defenders, ie Shaw, Otten.
Lowden may also be delisted, have a feeling he will get an extra year though.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back