2015 Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not trying to build Wright up - he is very much a known quantity by now and I agree that he is never going to be anything more than a mediocre footballer at AFL level. I'm suggesting that you're over-rating the younger players, by only looking at their positives and neglecting to look at their negatives. For example, Lyons lacks endurance and can't run out a full AFL game (which is why he makes a fantastic sub); Grigg is slow as treacle; Kerridge has no weapons to his game other than his endurance. If these players were as good as you make them out to be then they'd be playing every single week in the AFL, not spending the majority of their seasons playing in the SANFL.

Wright is on par with these players and any one (or two, or three) of them could be kicked to the kerbside in a months time. The only thing which differentiates Wright from the others is his age, which is not in his favour.

Mate, you're a poor judge of young talent. You have always preferred the reliability of the Reilly's, VB's et al. There's nothing more meaningless than your view on a youngster.

Patrick Dangerfield (8yrs) - Probably gone via FA
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen - Keep
Matthew Wright - Trade or Delist
Mitchell Grigg - Keep
Sam Kerridge - Trade
Andy Otten - Keep
James Podsiadly - Retire
Matt Crouch - Definitely Keep
Rory Atkins - Keep
Jack Osborn - Delist
Sam Shaw - Delist
Brodie Martin - Delist
Anthony Wilson - Keep
Keenan Ramsey - Keep

Otten won't be a competative AFL player again. His knees are shot and has zero pace.

Grigg, Kerridge and Lyons will request a trade.

Kerridge will get us a pick that will thenb gety on tradecd to GWS.

As will M Crouch and CEY. We will lose our depth because we continue to rate spuds like Mackay. Imagine being told that he's more highly valued than you are. David Mackay, anyone not getting a game whilst he does will move on.

Martin can play as a running, outside mid…a position we have virtually none of.
Exactly, comparing Martin the Kerridge, Lyons and CEY is ridiculous as he is a HFF/Wing outside runner whilst all the others are inside.

On planning the list over summer the 3 previously mentioned will need to be looked at as we still have Sloane, Thomo, Crouchx2 as the in and under

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah that is what I mean. Would rather hang onto him in some respects than let him go for nothing, but at the same time want him to get opportunity. He is an honest gutsy type, I appreciate that.

That's in reply to Monkey Prince, thought this post would be directly below yours.

You can always change those plans if the player shows unexpected improvement, but that's unlikely to happen with Lyons who has already been on the list for 5 years.

Lyons is just about your best kicking mid, playing him as sub is mind boggling.

Both Lyons and CEY are clearly best 22. A starting centre of Lyons, M crouch and CEY/Sloane is what you guys should be aiming for.

Thommo, Sloane and Wright is what Vader dreams about and is what you will end up with next year, and with a harder draw it will be a very long year. Resigning Thompson was a huge mistake imo

It angers me that Martin is a way better footballer than Mackay and yet one has 3 years left on a vastly overpriced contract.

One of those 2 runs hard all day, tackles with intensity, has evasive skills, kicks long, can play a variety of positions, is very strong overhead…and one just embarrassed himself at the MCG.

Pisses me off too. Why did we feel we had to give Mackay a 4 year contract when we had Martin as a backup?

It wouldn't even have taken Martin's best footy to beat Mackay's form in 2015.

Both Lyons and CEY are clearly best 22. A starting centre of Lyons, M crouch and CEY/Sloane is what you guys should be aiming for.

Thommo, Sloane and Wright is what Vader dreams about and is what you will end up with next year, and with a harder draw it will be a very long year. Resigning Thompson was a huge mistake imo
Agree with most of what you said.

Thompson could go one of two ways. But we need to start using him in the centre a lot less. He is very good at reading the ball off hands and a good kick at goal. Could be a very hand half forward for a year.

If Lyons is our best kicking mid we are truly screwed

Agree with most of what you said.

Thompson could go one of two ways. But we need to start using him in the centre a lot less. He is very good at reading the ball off hands and a good kick at goal. Could be a very hand half forward for a year.

He is bordering on too slow for an inside mid, he is definitely too slow to play on HF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is bordering on too slow for an inside mid, he is definitely too slow to play on HF.

Disagree. Could be a damaging lead up/ bash and crash player. Knows how to win the footy and were to be.
Would make a lot of small defenders shit themselves.

Patrick Dangerfield (8yrs) - Probably gone via FA
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen - Keep
Matthew Wright - Trade
Mitchell Grigg - Keep
Sam Kerridge - Trade
Andy Otten - Trade
James Podsiadly - Retire
Matt Crouch - Keep
Rory Atkins - Keep
Jack Osborn - Delist
Sam Shaw - Rookie
Brodie Martin - Keep
Anthony Wilson - Keep
Keenan Ramsey - Keep
David MacKay - Trade at all cost inc willing to pay half his wage

Disagree. Could be a damaging lead up/ bash and crash player. Knows how to win the footy and were to be.
Would make a lot of small defenders shit themselves.

I think we have to try this. If he's going play I would like to see him remain in the midfield rotations but cease to be the primary stoppage player and directee of the bulk of our ruckman's taps. We've got to give players a genuine crack at developing in there. Thank Christ the sub rule is gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back