List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apropos of everything that is going on with the Draft, has anyone heard anything about the AFL medical that Weideman was supposed to undertake today? If he has cleared it, it will put another cat in the bag as to our final determination.

Apropos of everything that is going on with the Draft, has anyone heard anything about the AFL medical that Weideman was supposed to undertake today? If he has cleared it, it will put another cat in the bag as to our final determination.
When I had spoken to my mate, GWS had not received his results but he also said that if they had he couldn't discuss it with me yet, if they eliminate him as potential then I'll hit him up. I imagine they certainly have now.

Weideman looks quick enough on the lead. Has good dukes too when marking. Not sure he will be there when we have our second pick but I guess he is more likely than Parish to still be available. Still keen on Parish and Weideman with Ryan Burton the other option - seems Carlton are quite keen on him with the pick after ours.

Weideman looks quick enough on the lead. Has good dukes too when marking. Not sure he will be there when we have our second pick but I guess he is more likely than Parish to still be available. Still keen on Parish and Weideman with Ryan Burton the other option - seems Carlton are quite keen on him with the pick after ours.
I read somewhere today that Ess were heavy into Burton. Probably just junk, but this draft will have a few twists and turns in it no doubt.

He's been out all year with stress fractures though.
Yeah true. Need to wait on the medical now I suppose. Then decision time. If he passes with flying colours I think it will be him at 3 and then Oliver, assuming the Bumblers take Parish.

Yeah true. Need to wait on the medical now I suppose. Then decision time. If he passes with flying colours I think it will be him at 3 and then Oliver, assuming the Bumblers take Parish.

The medical is the most important bit. Speed and endurance can be worked on and improved reasonably quickly under the proper guidance. As someone who has sustained a serious and horrendously mismanaged ankle injury, his agility will improve provided he's rehabbed it right, and that will likely be what they were looking at most closely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Weideman highlights package made me not want him. Clearly has a horrible set shot because they showed him taking all this great marks but then only showed a couple of shots he had from 20m out directly in front...

Remember Rule #1 when drafting/trading at MFC - players that can kick.

That Weideman highlights package made me not want him. Clearly has a horrible set shot because they showed him taking all this great marks but then only showed a couple of shots he had from 20m out directly in front...

Remember Rule #1 when drafting/trading at MFC - players that can kick.
His kicking is average but his two downfalls his endurance and his kicking are two things that can be fixed in an AFL environment. I think Weideman at 3 is too much of reach but i would be all for taking him at 7. Parish at 3 is what I want because he doesn't really have a weakness, and there's still a strong chance that we'll get one of curnow or weideman at 7 whereas there's no chance with Parish

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dra...uct-callum-mills/story-fnyc10cj-1227613753378

We've already assumed as much ... but we're apparently bidding on Mills, tho obviously he's zero chance of getting to us.

Article also says from there that we're a chance of taking Parish or Weideman at (what is now) 4.

I'm hoping that we're creating a build up around Weideman so Essendon jump at him, and leave Curnow for us.

Thoughts on Harry McKay? Say we took Parish at 3.. Essendon take Curnow and Oliver, GC took Milera and we had to choose between Weideman and Mckay?
If we're considering taking Weideman at 3 I think we would almost certainly take him over Mckay. If that order does happen Francis would still be available aswell

If we're considering taking Weideman at 3 I think we would almost certainly take him over Mckay. If that order does happen Francis would still be available aswell

I think Weideman at 3 sounds like too much of a risk.

A few weeks ago everyone was wanting to take Francis at 3. Now barley anyone considers him at 7. Something changed between now and then?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

I actually really liked the look of that highlights package of Weideman.. Used it well on both sides, really good body position and hands in marking contest and looks to have a very simple and uncomplicated set shot action.. also for a bloke that big is moving around very well..

In contrast, watching that highlights video of Oliver, I really don't see where the excitement is coming from.. yes he's a big bodied mid but for an elite mid rekon his kicking looks very average, every one of them was just kicked up with no penetration and not once to advantage of the player he's kicking it too.. maybe it's just me

I actually really liked the look of that highlights package of Weideman.. Used it well on both sides, really good body position and hands in marking contest and looks to have a very simple and uncomplicated set shot action.. also for a bloke that big is moving around very well..

In contrast, watching that highlights video of Oliver, I really don't see where the excitement is coming from.. yes he's a big bodied mid but for an elite mid rekon his kicking looks very average, every one of them was just kicked up with no penetration and not once to advantage of the player he's kicking it too.. maybe it's just me
Nah I'm with you, didn't see anything from his highlights that indicated he has good foot skills
Surely highlights could include some lace out passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back