List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody read that article in the HS where Jed Adcock's manager said he was being pursued by multiple Clubs with the national or rookie draft looking likely, due to the fact that there's only 40-50 quality youngsters in this year's crop? Wonder whether we would consider taking him towards the back end...

Anybody read that article in the HS where Jed Adcock's manager said he was being pursued by multiple Clubs with the national or rookie draft looking likely, due to the fact that there's only 40-50 quality youngsters in this year's crop? Wonder whether we would consider taking him towards the back end...

Why wouldnt we just pick him up as a DFA, unless we are considering him as a rookie pick

Why wouldnt we just pick him up as a DFA, unless we are considering him as a rookie pick
Hearing rumours the bulldogs want to rookie him. wouldn't mind if we did, our defence is pretty hollow if someone gets injured

Hearing rumours the bulldogs want to rookie him. wouldn't mind if we did, our defence is pretty hollow if someone gets injured

Have Grimes, Salem, Melksham, Bugg, Lumumbajack, Stretch and any number of resting midfielders we care to chuck on the half back flank. It's not really a position you struggle to fill. Would be nice to have another guy who kicks it like Salem in the back half, but why bother picking up Adcock for a few years as a depth player? Much rather see Stretch, Trengove, etc get the gig.

Have Grimes, Salem, Melksham, Bugg, Lumumbajack, Stretch and any number of resting midfielders we care to chuck on the half back flank. It's not really a position you struggle to fill. Would be nice to have another guy who kicks it like Salem in the back half, but why bother picking up Adcock for a few years as a depth player? Much rather see Stretch, Trengove, etc get the gig.
Yes.

IMO Trengove's best chance of reviving his career is off half back. Not just because of his base but because of his attributes in reading the play and cool head.

His kicking is average but his two downfalls his endurance and his kicking are two things that can be fixed in an AFL environment. I think Weideman at 3 is too much of reach but i would be all for taking him at 7. Parish at 3 is what I want because he doesn't really have a weakness, and there's still a strong chance that we'll get one of curnow or weideman at 7 whereas there's no chance with Parish
No thanks. We have had enough players that can't kick over the years. None of them (with the exception of maybe Chunk) have magically fixed their kicking. Not that it will make any difference to anything, but I really just want players that can kick. Surely out of the whole country we could be able to find a few. Endurance, fitness and running are things you can fix. Kicking I'm not so sure about when you have so much else to worry about at that level. Just get players that can kick

Nah I'm with you, didn't see anything from his highlights that indicated he has good foot skills
Surely highlights could include some lace out passes
They must have shown 20 great marks inside 50 and 2 of the resulting set shots, both almost directly in front that i can remember. Alarm bells IMO. Would rather Francis. They showed him both taking the marks and potting the shots. Players that can kick.

All year throughout the last 8 or 9 seasons we have lamented our poor kicking and now everyone wants to spend pick 7 on a player who even in his highlights package, that always make players look better than they are, that clearly can't kick a set shot to save himself?

Whatever happened to "best available" ... Sounds like a footy cliche.

Sounds like we are playing the game and confusing our opposition "one player at a time"

Go Dees

Whatever happened to "best available" ... Sounds like a footy cliche.

Sounds like we are playing the game and confusing our opposition "one player at a time"

It's a game of two drafts.

spanner in the works? bloody awful timing for the kid.

Draft gun locked up by police
TOP draft prospect Charlie Curnow spent the night at a Geelong police station last night after refusing a breath test. He was released about 6am today but the incident could force clubs to think twice about recruiting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spanner in the works? bloody awful timing for the kid.

Draft gun locked up by police
TOP draft prospect Charlie Curnow spent the night at a Geelong police station last night after refusing a breath test. He was released about 6am today but the incident could force clubs to think twice about recruiting him.
Looks like he will be drafted by the Hawks now........:rolleyes:

AFL draft 2015: Charlie Curnow held by Geelong police after traffic incident
20 minutes ago
Jay ClarkHerald Sun
e10cc63456d10b564b375b66433ff444

Charlie Curnow is a likely top-10 pick in Tuesday’s draft. Picture: Mitch Bear

TOP draft prospect Charlie Curnow spent the night at a Geelong police station last night after refusing a breath test.

He was released about 6am today.

The Geelong Falcon was considered a likely top-five pick but the incident could prompt clubs to reconsider him before next Tuesday’s national draft in Adelaide.

Clubs will likely request more information and possibly another interview with Curnow to discuss the incident before Tuesday.

The AFL has been made aware of the incident.

Curnow was in Melbourne’s sights at pick 3, while Essendon also has a strong interest with picks 4 and 5.
story-fni0cx12-c677c15d4e801fcfd4aa436c0932638c

His brother, Ed, plays for Carlton.

The 191cm marking forward has been likened to Hawthorn superstar Jarryd Roughead and some recruiters believed the hard-running big man could become the best player from this year’s draft.

A dislocated kneecap ruled Curnow out for three months this year, cruelling any hopes of being the No. 1 draft pick.

Curnow blitzed the 3km time-trial at the draft combine to underline his strong athleticism and give hope he could develop into a fulltime AFL midfielder.

MORE TO COME

Tough for us to grandstand about Hodge and then feel comfortable about taking him.

I'd take him at 7.

I just won't feel comfortable :drunk:

my guess is come draft day it will have no impact on where he is taken.

had it happened 6 months ago there would have been plenty of time for repentance and a 'fresh start' and whilst the timing is terrible for him, I reckon clubs will look past it and at the big picture when deciding on him.

We have been competitive in the 3rd rounds but let ourselves down in the first
We just wanna take it round by round and be competitive as long as possible

Jason Taylor on draft night: "I just want to go out there and give 110% for the team."

Just a genius ploy by the MFC ... wouldn't be shocked if the tab at the bar he was drinking at was paid for by one, P.Roos

Essendon don't need any more headlines than the ones they've already got, and the last type of player Gold Coast needs to bring in right now is a party boy who struggles to recognise when it is, and isn't a good time to have a few drinks.

Passage to Pick 7 locked in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back