17.Adelaide: Milera
18.St. Kilda: Mathieson
19.Hawthorn: Collins
20.GC: Hibberd
21.North Melbourne: Tucker
22.Hawthorn: R.Clarke
23.Carlton: Partington
24.Bulldogs: B.McKay

No way will Carlton risk Burton at 14. They need to make every pick a winner. Would be smarter grabbing Collins and Weitering. With McKay they set up their KP's for the next 10 years.

That knee injury will hurt Burton's career mid to long term.

The Blues will be drafting low next season in a draft full of gun mids.

Last edited:

the blues need to find players that know where to go after a goal is kicked as plenty will next year against them....

it's good that you take weitering as he will get plenty of ball in your backline

the blues need to find players that know where to go after a goal is kicked as plenty will next year against them....

it's good that you take weitering as he will get plenty of ball in your backline

Is that you in the avartar.

Pretty childish post.o_O

Richmond.........the team that is constantly building towards success but never gets there.;)

My first 24 picks prediction:

1.Carlton: Weitering
2.Brisbane: Schache
3.*GWS: Kennedy
4.*GWS: Hopper
5.*Sydney: Mills
6.Melbourne: Curnow
7.Essendon: Weideman
8.Essendon: Parish
9.GC: Oliver
10.*Brisbane: Hipwood
11.Melbourne: Balic
12.Carlton: H.McKay
13.Adelaide: Francis

LOL

I'm hoping for this:

1. Carlton - Weitering
2. Brisbane - Schache
3. Melbourne - Oliver
4. Essendon - Parish
5. Essendon - Francis
6. Gold Coast - Ah Chee
7. Melbourne - Weidemann/Curnow
8. Carlton - Curnow/Weiddemann
9. Adelaide - Mckay
11. Carlton - Burton/Tucker/Collins
12. Richmond - Gresham/Rioli
13. Adelaide - Milera

I'm hoping for this:

1. Carlton - Weitering
2. Brisbane - Schache
3. Melbourne - Oliver
4. Essendon - Parish
5. Essendon - Francis
6. Gold Coast - Ah Chee
7. Melbourne - Weidemann/Curnow
8. Carlton - Curnow/Weiddemann
9. Adelaide - Mckay
11. Carlton - Burton/Tucker/Collins
12. Richmond - Gresham/Rioli
13. Adelaide - Milera
The Tigers wouldn't let Milera go past our pick I wouldn't imagine.

I'd love us to be able to get Milera, only way this would happen is if you guys went with McKay (think the Suns and Crows would be the only teams above us to draft him) with the Crows knowing Richmond want a small foward do you think you'd have McKay as your number one priority?

The Tigers wouldn't let Milera go past our pick I wouldn't imagine.

I'd love us to be able to get Milera, only way this would happen is if you guys went with McKay (think the Suns and Crows would be the only teams above us to draft him) with the Crows knowing Richmond want a small foward do you think you'd have McKay as your number one priority?

yeah, I wouldn't think so either, but there rumours Milera doesn't want to leave SA, so maybe Richmond pass on him. Seems as though we are very keen on getting a KPF, so its possible, I'd rather have Mckay than Burton because of his leg.

yeah, I wouldn't think so either, but there rumours Milera doesn't want to leave SA, so maybe Richmond pass on him. Seems as though we are very keen on getting a KPF, so its possible, I'd rather have Mckay than Burton because of his leg.
Interesting mate, I personally just hope we're not locked on Rioli I'd hate us to pass on Milera. Interstate players have never stopped us from picking up players, very rarely have we had a player request a trade back to their home state.

Milera, Ah Chee and Rioli are the three stand out small fowards of the draft and I think Milera would have the least risk of the three.

Interesting mate, I personally just hope we're not locked on Rioli I'd hate us to pass on Milera. Interstate players have never stopped us from picking up players, very rarely have we had a player request a trade back to their home state.

Milera, Ah Chee and Rioli are the three stand out small fowards of the draft and I think Milera would have the least risk of the three.

I was surprised that they had you taking rioli anyway, I thought that you would take Gresham if Milera and Ah Chee are gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was surprised that they had you taking rioli anyway, I thought that you would take Gresham if Milera and Ah Chee are gone.
I'm honestly not sure what to think, he'd be a huge risk but I do feel that the club is in a position where it needs to take a risk, is he a risk worth taking is the big question.

Quite a bit like Rioli (until this week) we haven't really been linked with Milera at all which is quite strange because he's exactly what we're after, I wonder if this is just due to no one thinking he'll still be around at our pick or if the club was to worried about him wanting to stay in Adelaide or something else that has put us off him.

I'm honestly not sure what to think, he'd be a huge risk but I do feel that the club is in a position where it needs to take a risk, is he a risk worth taking is the big question.

Quite a bit like Rioli (until this week) we haven't really been linked with Milera at all which is quite strange because he's exactly what we're after, I wonder if this is just due to no one thinking he'll still be around at our pick or if the club was to worried about him wanting to stay in Adelaide or something else that has put us off him.
Richmond has done well with the solid performer who does his job. This is the time for a risk for reward type of first round pick...probably followed up by a safe second pick.

Having said that I'm reading about Burton, Ah Chee, Milera, Rioli, Collins, Gresham....etc. and every few minutes I'm changing my mind. I just hope the "professionals" pick the best player they think we need and go from there.

Richmond has done well with the solid performer who does his job. This is the time for a risk for reward type first round pick...probably followed up by a safe choice second pick.

Having said that I'm reading about Burton, Ah Chee, Milera, Rioli, Collins, Gresham....etc. and every few minutes I'm changing my mind. I just hope the "professionals" pick the best player they think we need and go from there.
From the players presumably available, in order I'd want

Milera
Ah Chee
Gresham
Burton
Collins
Rioli
Mathieson

Small fowards defiantly is out biggest need, however if we do want to just play it safe Gresham, Collins or Mathieson would be the safest bets although they don't have the upside of Burton, Milera (don't actually see much risk in him) Ah Chee or Rioli.

From the players presumably available, in order I'd want

Milera
Ah Chee
Gresham
Burton
Collins
Rioli
Mathieson

Small fowards defiantly is out biggest need, however if we do want to just play it safe Gresham, Collins or Mathieson would be the safest bets although they don't have the upside of Burton, Milera (don't actually see much risk in him) Ah Chee or Rioli.
Technically everyone is a risk. But yeah you're correct with that write up. I've just got a feeling Burton will be a name that is elite in a few years to come.

Despite all the late predictions of Oliver going to Melbourne at #3, Melbourne will come to there senses and take Parish at 3.

Don't forget freeman as well and by all rumours he's looking the goods. Mcstay looks a likely type as well. Looking a dangerous bunch of talls
If only we had a time machine to make them instantly two or three years more experienced.

no young SA kid wants to leave SA until they actually do, then they never want to go back...

Ah Chee or Milera ROFL

Typical classic Clayton there

What is so bad about it? They need outside run and a small forward. Matera will be moving into the middle. Actually feel Milera is the better option but Ah Chee would replace Bennell up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Draft Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back