Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suckling to sub, as he has had success in that role previously and hit the scoreboard from the substitute role. Duryea would be too valuable to play as a sub, considering that West Coast have LeCras and Hill to worry about that troubled us last time. Plus, his last two weeks have been as good as anyones (especially last week).

Great to see Shoenmakers in the side, and while it's sad to see Billy miss out Shoenmakers would definitely be hungry for a Premiership and after so many missed chances the boys would want to win it for him. Who knows, he may even have a breakout game in the Grand Final like Hawkins did in 2011: heres hoping.

Only concern is a little bit of pace (lack thereof) but Hartung would have been the substitute and wouldn't have been a game breaker whereas the long boot of Suckling against tired West Coast players could be. Effectively we'd lose the run of Suckling as a sub for the game for Gunston: and Gunners covers the ground decently well for a forward of his size, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm oddly confident about this week: I feel like West Coast showed their hand in the Qualifying Final and our lead up games as well as form was pretty shaky (loss to Port, easy games against Brisbane and Carlton). Not to mention everyone (including Clarko) performed their role poorly when we last played them.

After winning two hard games under final pressure; at a ground we know and love to play at; at a ground where West Coast have only played once this year; under Grand Final conditions that we've played in for the past four years; under Grand Final conditions foreign to all but three West Coast players; at a ground where West Coast won't have 40,000 supporters cheering compared to our ~8,000; at a ground where our game style is suited and the West Coast 'web' and assisted defense becomes harder to pull off due to the dimensions of the MCG; at a ground where West Coast won't have a larger crowd in comparison to Hawthorn supporters and a game against the Club that prompted everyone to call the Hawks "too old" and "too slow" only three weeks ago. I think that the players and coaches of the Hawthorn Football Club have something to prove.

West Coast have been in their comfort zone almost all season. Let's show them how the mighty Hawthorn Football Club plays when they're in their zone.

I think this is a selection..more about team unity and solidarity...than anything else. It's Clarko's ace up his sleeve. Show faith in Shoenmakers..and bring the team around him...give the kid a chance. If you dropped him based on his two finals performances..it may psychologically destabalise the team.

Even though I would have included billy as sub...this is my thought. In Clarko we trust!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity about Langers. Where is he? Come back!!

Out of form, not improving and not listening to instructions on development areas. The amount of time he hack kicked it to west coast defenders and gave our forwards no chance was a key reason we lost the game. He wasn't the only guilty one that night but he has a bad habit of doing this and hasn't improved in that aspect all year.

Very surprised.

Grand Finals are not the time to be experimenting with different setups. This changes our make-up quite a bit.

Risky, our forward line could be too tall and not enough ground pressure to lock the ball in.

Suckling obvious sub now.

I'm not convinced this is the right move but will back Clarko in!

Go Schoe!! Deserves his chance.

Do we need sucklings foot skills or Poppy's chasing and pressure in forward line more - that's the question - have I mentioned I hate the sub

I think this makes us the most balanced we can be provided Roughy plays primarily as a mid. That where he has been most effective this year. Schoey plays as the pack-crashing key forward. Breust and Gunston play as leading/marking forwards who will push up the ground at times.

I'd love to see Roughy hannering WCE mids in the midfield.

I think this makes us the most balanced we can be provided Roughy plays primarily as a mid. That where he has been most effective this year. Schoey plays as the pack-crashing key forward. Breust and Gunston play as leading/marking forwards who will push up the ground at times.

I'd love to see Roughy hannering WCE mids in the midfield.

Running forward and drilling them from outside 50 also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back