Preview Round 16, 2024: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 30 June 2024 (Sun), 4:40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did. Last game we played at the WACA was a Saturday night game in 1999 and was a ripper too. WCE got off to a flyer and we were down by as much as 6 goals at one stage until a Crawford led comeback and we won by 2 points.

Before you ask, no I don't have a photographic memory. :) Your question triggered a memory so I did a little digging after checking the head to head vs WCE then this awesome video filled in the rest. What a game that was!

I had forgotten just how good Shane Crawford was.

I give no shits about local footy. Hate the thing.

I care about prime Saturday arvo games. Especially at the G. God's fixture.

Sad we're all about the TV now
What a unique point of view you have. Breath taking to be honest.

I give no shits about local footy. Hate the thing.

I care about prime Saturday arvo games. Especially at the G. God's fixture.

Sad we're all about the TV now
Very few people care about local footy unless friends or family or a connection to a club. Live AFL on TV decimated local footy crowds/support.

Yeah I have follow up questions, but felt it was almost best to ignore it.
Agreed. Seems very odd. 2672 registered local clubs and nearly 600k participants.

Even if there’s only one supporter per participant, that suggests that there’s over 1m people in Australia who are participating and/or supporting the local version of the sport…..and that’s according to The Golden Glenferrie …..something worth “hating”.

Last edited:
ROUND 16 TEAM
Hawthorn v West Coast
Sunday 30 June
Optus Stadium, 2.40pm AWST / 4.40pm AEST

B:
Jarman Impey, Sam Frost, Jack Scrimshaw
HB: Karl Amon, James Sicily, Will Day
C: Harry Morrison, James Worpel, Dylan Moore
HF: Massimo D'Ambrosio, Jack Gunston, Calsher Dear
F: Jack Ginnivan, Mabior Chol, Blake Hardwick
R: Lloyd Meek, Jai Newcombe, Changkuoth Jiath

INT: Josh Weddle, Conor Nash, Cam Mackenzie, Nick Watson, Connor Macdonald

EMER: Finn Maginness, Josh Ward, Jai Serong
So basically Morrison for Bruest.

Not bad, Harry always gives plenty of run and spread which is suited to Optus.

Very few people care about local footy unless friends or family or a connection to a club. Live AFL on TV decimated local footy crowds/support.
Very sad, didn't look at it that way until now, on a brighter note, let's go Harry big game for you lad! Use it well as you usually do!

Yeah I have follow up questions, but felt it was almost best to ignore it.
I'm in the same boat as the quoted poster honestly. I haven't cared about local footy for a while, and my local league is the GVL which outside of Geelong may be the biggest country league. It has been a long time since my local club has actually represented the town, it's now a combination of ring ins and some of the most cliquey club people you'll ever meet.

Reid is a good young player but if we didn't bother using Finn to tag Neale, Dawson or Bontempelli I don't think we're going into this game overly threatened by him. We'd back our mids against any at this point.
I get what your saying but have you seen the way he gets the crowd into games and how much his team mates lift when hes playing well? Look at the Dockers game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did. Last game we played at the WACA was a Saturday night game in 1999 and was a ripper too. WCE got off to a flyer and we were down by as much as 6 goals at one stage until a Crawford led comeback and we won by 2 points.

Before you ask, no I don't have a photographic memory. :) Your question triggered a memory so I did a little digging after checking the head to head vs WCE then this awesome video filled in the rest. What a game that was!

I'll never forget Craig Treleven's 21 possessions that night

Yep remember this well.

I miss the WACA days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back