Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMART move! I think the hawks are a bit worried about brian getting through a full game. If he is struggling down back watch the move where Shoe goes back and Lake forward. This team is all about flexibility and being able to replace a player struggling with another who can play that role.
#PLAYYOURROLE

Do you really think we'll just be bombing it forward though? Schoey is a mobile forward there's nothing to worry about there. All of our talls can hunt the ball and have good disposal.
And that's the point. Gunners is not what you'd call a traditional tall. He adds speed and good goal sense as well as aerial ability. Plus he regularly moves back into the defensive structure. Schoey is mobile, has a big body, compete well in the air, brings the ball to ground and is a great kick. Roughy can play midfield as well as a damaging forward. Ditto Cyril, Poppy and Bruest. Doc, Hill, Smith, Birch, Burger, Mitch, Hodgey can all kick goals and play back or midfield.

This is a very versatile team.

I'm not sure where this too tall comes about - gunners is mobile and having shoe in allows both him and ruff to be far more flexible while still having a guy who makes it a contest, crashes the packs and is a good kick on goal able to stay at home. It stretches that defence of the Eagles on the bigger ground just a little more.

Fact is billy has been quite ineffective in his role and is not finals hardened and shoey has done more than enough to keep his spot.

Whoever the sub is he needs to have full match fitness and be somewhat versatile in case there is a early injury. So it's not Hale and doubt if its Gunners, Suckers seems to fit the bill, has a bit more weight and 4 or 5 inches on Doc. Also on a purely self centred note I'm thinking of putting a few bickies on Doc and Chip as smokies for the Normie.

Just thought of something else that the Eagles kicked our butts at in the semi.....breaking tackles. They will take us on at every opportunity....and if the GF is umpired in a similar way....they won't get called for it much.

Hoping their is a late change with Hale going out and Hartung coming in.
With Nic Nat under a cloud I think McEvoy and Rough share the duties with Shoey pitching in as needed.
As other posters said Talls encourage Geelong streaking Hawthorn 101.
Bombing high into the 50 worked so well in the QF too....not!
Really wish Langford played to test their rebounders the other way!
NIc Nat is under a cloud.. what sort of injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running forward and drilling them from outside 50 also

He always looks dangerous when he wheels around and takes those long shots.

Hard to cover with his mobility.

Was on song last week.

Hoping their is a late change with Hale going out and Hartung coming in.
With Nic Nat under a cloud I think McEvoy and Rough share the duties with Shoey pitching in as needed.
As other posters said Talls encourage Geelong streaking Hawthorn 101.
Bombing high into the 50 worked so well in the QF too....not!
Really wish Langford played to test their rebounders the other way!

How about running BB and Halestorm in the ruck for a couple of quarters so we don't blow BB up.

And then sub Halestorm out for some pace to help counter the higher temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back