2015 Ladder predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

In the extremely unlikely situation that this happened and Brisbane finished third, I would absolutely lose my sh*t with joy.

Meh probably unlikely, but I think you should have made finals in 2013, to hat poor umpire decision in the game against Geelong robbed you. I think the Gabba will be your for fortress and the addition of Beams and Christensen will be immense. Maybe not third but a team from the bottom jumps into the top four, why can't it be the Lions?

Also the injury run you had last year threw you off, but Rich and co should be rearing to go. I will stand by my tip :)

Further back than Freo will go you mean

Freo still have a year left in them I think, even then it will be a very small rebuild. The midfield is young and one of the better ones in the league, just need to stock up on KPPs, no small task but they aren't going to plummet any time soon I think.

Agree with that. As you alluded to in your first post, a lot depends on the improvement in the likes of Viney, Tyson et al. But even acknowledging the midfield deficiencies, a fit Clark and Hogan and a few of those close losses become wins imo.

There are a lot of variables and unknowns going into 2015 (Toumpas becoming a contributor, Garlett finding early career form, one or two of the draftees hitting the ground running etc), but the additional potency in the forwardline will almost certainly make a difference. I'm in the camp of Hogan having a fairly immediate and meaningful impact. I won't be disappointed if he doesn't, but I'm anticipating that he will.

I have some bad news for you.

I see most people not having EFC in their top 8.

A top 4 finish and winning a final or two is a must for this club and if we do miss the 8 it will be from having our squad wiped from player bans.
Lol, what is it with all the delusional Essendon posters on this site?

Lol, what is it with all the delusional Essendon posters on this site?

Yeah it so such a ridiculous assertion that Essendon would improve on this years performance isn't it? :rolleyes:
Having won enough games to finish in the 8 in 4 of the last 6 years would tell you they aren't far away and with a core group of players reaching there prime I don't think it is unreasonable to think winning finals is a real possibility.

Yeah it so such a ridiculous assertion that Essendon would improve on this years performance isn't it? :rolleyes:
Having won enough games to finish in the 8 in 4 of the last 6 years would tell you they aren't far away and with a core group of players reaching there prime I don't think it is unreasonable to think winning finals is a real possibility.
Your playing list went backward this offseason. I fail to see the improvement. Bombers are in the group that could finish 7-14th, and given most would agree your list is worse than 2014, you'll miss one of the 2 top 8 slots.

Your playing list went backward this offseason. I fail to see the improvement. Bombers are in the group that could finish 7-14th, and given most would agree your list is worse than 2014, you'll miss one of the 2 top 8 slots.

We lost one player over the off season and having Bellchambers back fully fit will offset that anyway. We have added Adam Cooney who will add experience and the pace that we lack. Giles, Gwilt and McKernan are all more than capable backups if required. Heppell, Daniher, Carlisle, Hurley, Zaharakis, Hibberd and Myers are all coming into there prime, the second year players in Z.Merrett, Gleeson, Ambrose and Ashby will all improve, we have added two first round draft pick midfielders and have the 4th ranked defence in the competition, then add the experience of Watson, Goddard, Chapman, Stanton, Winderlich and Fletcher and I am not sure who you can say the list went backwards?

1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Sydney
4. North
5. Adelaide
6. Port
7. Geelong
8. Gold Coast
9. Carlton
10. Essendon
11. Richmond
12. Bulldogs
13. Gws
14. West Coast
15. Collingwood
16. Brisbane
17. Saints
18. Melbourne

A top 4 finish and winning a final or two is a must for this club and if we do miss the 8 it will be from having our squad wiped from player bans.
Even without bans still couldnt see you top 4, definetely top 8, not top 4.
Hawks, Swans, Port, Freo and North are all better, thats without some of the teams who could be better depending on what goes right or wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the hardest team to predict in 2015 is GWS. There have been plenty of people that have picked them to finish 17th but at the same time I would not be too surprised if they finished 9th or 10th next year either.
Yea i reckon they will have a good run of wins at some stage next year they could be in the log jam just outside the 8

We lost one player over the off season and having Bellchambers back fully fit will offset that anyway. We have added Adam Cooney who will add experience and the pace that we lack. Giles, Gwilt and McKernan are all more than capable backups if required. Heppell, Daniher, Carlisle, Hurley, Zaharakis, Hibberd and Myers are all coming into there prime, the second year players in Z.Merrett, Gleeson, Ambrose and Ashby will all improve, we have added two first round draft pick midfielders and have the 4th ranked defence in the competition, then add the experience of Watson, Goddard, Chapman, Stanton, Winderlich and Fletcher and I am not sure who you can say the list went backwards?
For a start Watson, Chapman, Stanton, Winderlich and Fletcher will have all gone backwards as a function of age. Cooney was passed it last year. TBC is half the footballer Ryder is. Half the players you list as coming into their prime are already in their prime and that list of second year players is b-grade at best. Gwilt and McKernan were found in the dumpster, for a reason. Gilles is trying to crack it at a third club. Will be best case cover if the ASADA hammer drops.

Bombers are in the conversation for 7th to 14th. I have them closer to 14th than 7th.

Well yeah, no shit.
Essendon have a decent team, but 2015 will be (or should be) a write off.
Got some quality talent in that list, it should be monty for finals.... But they'll be punished for cheating, and so they should. They'll be back with a lot more resolve in 2016, but they gotta take their medicine.

And get rid of ****ing Hird, please.

1 , Port
2 , North
3 , freo
4 , Ric
5 , Suns
6 , Hawthorn
7 , Brisbane
8 , Sydney
9 , Geelong
10 , West Coast
11 , Adelaide
12 , Collingwood
13 , Dogs
14 , Gws
15 , Carlton
16 , Melbourne
17 , St Kilda
18 , Essen Done

Done more thinking and assessed the draw keeping in mind things during season impact circumstances eg. Injuries, breaks, travel ect... So here it is!

1. Sydney
2. Hawks
3. Kangaroos
4. Cats
5. Gold Coast
6. Tigers
7. Carlton
8. Adelaide
9. Port Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. Fremantle
12. Collingwood
13. Essendon
14. Brisbane
15. GWS
16. Bulldogs
17. Melbourne
18. St Kilda

IT5Grw2.jpg

Why do so many of you have Richmond finishing top 6?

Their forward line is as bad as St. Kilda's and their backline crumbles under pressure.
So many? Most have us out of the 8. Our fwdline functioned quite well mid to late season, so to suggest its as bad as the saints is laughable. Also is our backline crumbles under pressure, winning 11 in a row suggests it does ok.

I bet it was delusional

I have provided evidence regarding Port Adelaide being overdone last year and no doubt that game style will cause Port to be fried again mid-season in 2015, not to mention the tough draw they have inherited

Have a read, as I mentioned to your friend Trav, I'm not going to repeat myself

If I was trolling I wouldn't provide evidence but since I'm genuine I actually provided hard evidence

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Ladder predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back