2015 Ladder predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the most difficult it's been for a while. I'd be comfortable putting some teams 3-4 places higher or lower.

Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Gold Coast
Fremantle
Geelong
Brisbane
----------
Richmond
Adelaide
Essendon
Collingwood
Melbourne
GWS
West Coast
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
St.Kilda

Probably the most difficult it's been for a while. I'd be comfortable putting some teams 3-4 places higher or lower.

Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Gold Coast
Fremantle
Geelong
Brisbane
----------
Richmond
Adelaide
Essendon
Collingwood
Melbourne
GWS
West Coast
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
St.Kilda
9th

I'd prefer not to derail the thread, but I will respond to misinformed champions.

I stick to the facts that Asada have put forward to prosecute their allegations. The facts that are all circumstantial without any proof that players were delivered illegal substances. They don't even have a sworn testimony from any witnesses.The club and Hird were penalised for the governance of the program, not for cheating. That is Asada's responsibility to prove, and so far we are yet to hear any evidence to suggest the players cheated.

And for the record, Robbo also has no idea.
You don't actually know that.

No one has seen the evidence that ASADA have, nor do we know who ASADAs witnesses are and what they've said.

Finally, the reason you're yet to hear any evidence to suggest players cheated is because the tribunal where ASADA will outlay their evidence has not even begun.

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Port Adelaide
4. Fremantle
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. Adelaide
8. Gold Coast

9. Geelong
10. Brisbane
11. Essendon
12. West Coast
13. Collingwood
14. Carlton
15. GWS
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Melbourne
18. St Kilda

Premier: Sydney
Runner Up: Hawthorn
Brownlow: Dangerfield
Coleman: Franklin

Ridiculously hard to do a ladder prediction this year. I think Geelong and Essendon are the two vulnerable teams from last years top 8. Geelong has so many senior players who are getting on in age and just simply can't keep up the heroics surely. Essendon will really hurt with the loss of Ryder and potentially have to readjust to Hird being coach again plus the possibility of the ASADA case dragging on. Collingwood will also fall off a bit but not drastically. Adelaide will surge up a little as the list is strong minus the defence and Gold Coast should finally play finals with further natural development and talent. Brisbane will be big improvers also. Their lack of a genuinely good forward will be the only thing holding them back from playing finals. My beloved Blues will have a similar year to last year but get more game time into some hopefully emerging talent.

Look have to wait and see how seasom pans out, atm have Port 9th but If start season well then every chance to make the 8... Look I'm probs 100% probs top1-4 team

Hoping Round 1 against Tigers can kick start solid start to season, love going every year with build up and matchups in the midfield

Murphy vs Cotchin
Judd vs Dusty
Gibbs vs Ellis
Daisy vs Deldio
Kreuzer vs Maric
Crippa vs Conca

Who's Crippa?

You forgot Simpson, he carves us up without fail every time.

Miles is a good accumulator for us and Vlastuin should be spending a bit more time in the midfield next year.

Who's Crippa?

Miles is a good accumulator for us and Vlastuin should be spending a bit more time in the midfield next year.
Patrick Cripps

Anyway for my predictions I will go with

1. Hawthorn
2. Sydney
3. Port Adelaide
4. Fremantle
5. North Melbourne
6. Gold Coast
7. Adelaide
8. Geelong
9. Richmond
10 Brisbane
11. Essendon
12. West Coast
13. GWS
14. Collingwood
15. Melbourne
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Carlton
18. St Kilda

Who's Crippa?

How about

Carlton
B: Tuohy,Jamison,Buckley
HB: Yarran, Rowe,Simpson
C: Dale Thomas, Gibbs, Curnow
HF: Carrazzo, Henderson,Menzel
F: Walker, Casboult, Liam Jones
Foll: Kreuzer, Judd, Murphy
Int: Bell, Everitt, Docherty
Sub: Patrick Cripps

Richmond
B: Grimes, Rance, Astbury
HB: Houli, Chaplin, Morris
C: Vlastuin, Conca, Brandon Ellis
HF: Martin, Griffiths, Deledio
F: Shane Edwards,Riewoldt, Gordon
R: Ivan Maric, Cotchin, Miles
I/C: Newman, Taylor Hunt, Petterd Sub: Nathan Foley

I would love to see
Boekhorst vs. Corey Ellis, doubt will see it R1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I do not hate Port

Watch highlights of them during midseason. Completely flat, no run, no energy. Ugly football and saw that patch a year earlier, if it happens again just don't see them re-grouping

A young team lacking consistency? Jeez that's unheard of. That's it everyone, shut it down, no flag out of this group, time for a total rebuild. Let's see if we can actually build an exciting team with some run this time instead of filling up on one paced spuds like White, Wingard, Wines and Boak :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though consistency will come to the group with experience. Most of the team has one or two finals campaigns under their belts now and all of them have another pre-season under Burgo to condition them to play Hinkley's game plan at a higher intensity for longer.

I still think Hawthorn are the team to beat with Sydney on their coat-tails but after that we are surely the most attractive proposition (IMO not much to split from freo who I think have one more year before a mini rebuild.)

I expect big things from Adelaide as well, the list is too good for another year of underachieving, if Walsh can iron out some of their defensive issues then AO is going to be a scary place to visit no matter who you play.

1.Hawthorn
2.Port
3.Sydney
4.Freo
5.Adelaide
6.North
7.Geelong
8.Gold Coast
9.Richmond
10.Brisbane
11.West Coast
12.Essendon
13.Collingwood
14.Bulldogs
15.Melbourne
16.Carlton
17.GWS
18.St Kilda

Premiership: Port
Runners Up: Hawthorn
Brownlow: Gray

A young team lacking consistency? Jeez that's unheard of. That's it everyone, shut it down, no flag out of this group, time for a total rebuild. Let's see if we can actually build an exciting team with some run this time instead of filling up on one paced spuds like White, Wingard, Wines and Boak :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though consistency will come to the group with experience. Most of the team has one or two finals campaigns under their belts now and all of them have another pre-season under Burgo to condition them to play Hinkley's game plan at a higher intensity for longer.

I still think Hawthorn are the team to beat with Sydney on their coat-tails but after that we are surely the most attractive proposition (IMO not much to split from freo who I think have one more year before a mini rebuild.)

I expect big things from Adelaide as well, the list is too good for another year of underachieving, if Walsh can iron out some of their defensive issues then AO is going to be a scary place to visit no matter who you play.

1.Hawthorn
2.Port
3.Sydney
4.Freo
5.Adelaide
6.North
7.Geelong
8.Gold Coast
9.Richmond
10.Brisbane
11.West Coast
12.Essendon
13.Collingwood
14.Bulldogs
15.Melbourne
16.Carlton
17.GWS
18.St Kilda

Premiership: Port
Runners Up: Hawthorn
Brownlow: Gray

Look I agree, young teams do lack consistency and eventually they come of age. Think Port will eventually get their but things do take time.

Their is no simple template to winning a premiership, or else every team would do it. You need a lot of luck, team mates who trust eachother and the coaching staff and good depth on your list.

I love when supporters back their teams to go deep and you know what? I hope Port do really well and give themselves another shot at making a GF

Not being smart only reasons I gave Port 9th on my ladder are;
1. Tough Tough draw, 1st 5 games hard pencil in a few wins
2. Inconsistency patches midway through season, last 2 years

Btw Zblues I'll telling put them 7th, Mick will pull off a finals appearance

Look just my opinion and majority of people don't share it anyways, see how things go early in year then re-assess thjngs
You really have no idea about footy, sorry mate has to be said. Do you still think Boekhurst is worthy of the number 1 draft pick? :drunk:

You really have no idea about footy, sorry mate has to be said. Do you still think Boekhurst is worthy of the number 1 draft pick? :drunk:

Boekhorst was never #1, if you mean 1st round for Blues 19?

Honestly No, I don't!!!
I think he could of maybe slid to 28, our 2nd round pick or even our 4th round pick! But I have absolute no idea as you never know where recruiters rank players from other teams and rarely they disclose their plans

Sometimes you have to trust the judgement of your recruiters and hope they make the right decisions in the clubs best interest

Look just my opinion and majority of people don't share it anyways, see how things go early in year then re-assess thjngs
Port play the fastest footy of any team. Just look at the preliminary final vs the Hawks and the elimination final vs Richmond. Amazing footy to watch

Port play the fastest footy of any team. Just look at the preliminary final vs the Hawks and the elimination final vs Richmond. Amazing footy to watch

Agree, just point trying to make is that style eventually catches up with you and during mid-season it does drain the players!

Maybe not all, but a few but playing with 16 strong & 6 cooked still equals losses.

Agree, just point trying to make is that style eventually catches up with you and during mid-season it does drain the players!

Maybe not all, but a few but playing with 16 strong & 6 cooked still equals losses.
They are one of the fittest clubs. That was why they were able to run all over Hawthorn in the final quarter of the prelim. They weren't cooked mid-season last season and I doubt they'll be cooked next season

Please just stop. You know very little about football.

They are one of the fittest clubs. That was why they were able to run all over Hawthorn in the final quarter of the prelim. They weren't cooked mid-season last season and I doubt they'll be cooked next season

Evidence Port was cooked last year, horrible patch

R15 - Lost to Adelaide
R16 - Lost to Essendon
R17 - Lost to Richmond
R18 - Beat Demons by 3pts
R19 - Lost to Collingwood
R20 - Lost to Sydney

R15 - Lost to Adelaide
R16 - Lost to Essendon
R17 - Lost to Richmond
R20 - Lost to Sydney
That got back to their best form though

Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Gold Coast
Fremantle
Geelong
Brisbane
----------
Richmond
Adelaide
Essendon
Collingwood
Melbourne
GWS
West Coast
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
St.Kilda
I like the look of this ladder prediction. Would probably swap collingwood and west coast positions though. You seem the first to realise that the demons have turned over half of the list in two years.

R15 - Lost to Adelaide
R16 - Lost to Essendon
R17 - Lost to Richmond
R20 - Lost to Sydney

I agree we faded out a bit mid season last year but most of those aren't as bad as they look on paper.

I maintain Adelaide are a finals worthy side and they played possibly their best game for the year to deservedly win that home showdown, no shame beyond bragging rights there I don't think.

Essendon was our first game without our two key backs (also missed our pinch hitting ruckman in Trengove) playing which hurts any team, we were down that day make no mistake but playing that style you are going to have games where the players just don't have the legs.

Richmond, beyond missing the same players no real excuses there but I think we more than made amends in our finals game against them.

Demons played well in round 18, we played badly but ground it out. I think the mark of a maturing side is winning ugly when you aren't at your best.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Collingwood the game that most of our list had Gastro? I think that's a fair reason to be down a bit

Round 20 was against Sydney in form so I don't think I need to give much of a reason beyond the fact we were beaten by a better side in better form at the time.

I also shouldn't have to tell a Carlton fan what happened next right?

I'm not saying we are infallible and all our losses were purely bad luck but to say we won't make finals after the way we played this year, without losing significant players is just wrong headed and makes you look a bit daft.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Ladder predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back