West Coast
Lions
Demons
GWS
Collingwood
Bulldogs
Saints
So wrong.

I still think that your backline is too suspect mate. Your midfield is starting to look really strong and your forward line is looking promising but I think it will still be reliant on Cameron kicking a bag of goals if you are to beat any decent sides.

6 to 8 wins is about right IMO.
Very wrong.

I think Collingwood are being a bit over rated TBH. They've lost alot of experience over the last couple of years and I think it will really start to take its toll. Bottom 4 I reckon, perhaps slightly higher but I don't think so.
So very wrong.

I noticed some people had them in the 9-12 region which I think was too high. Looking at Collingwood's list recently made me realise just how much experience you guys have lost in recent times, and I think that people are under estimating that.

I think your backline lacks a couple of really elite kickers to set up things across half back. Players like Seedsman, Williams and even Toovey can all provide run but none of these players are elite by foot which is a concern that I have. I actually think that Reid is capable of setting things up across half back but Bucks seems keen to play him forward which I don't agree with. Langdon seems to be reliable by foot but it's alot of pressure for a second year player to have the responsibility of playing the "quarter back" role IMO. Sidebottom could definitely do it but I think that he'll be needed in the midfield.

I'll be interested to see how Varcoe goes at his new club and hopefully he fits in well. From what I can gather Bucks plans to play him forward which I think suits him alot better than playing across half back as he did in his last year with us.

Cloke simply needs to find his best form this year if the Pies are going to exceed expectations. I've always thought that Cloke is more a natural CHF rather than a FF and since Dawes has left I think that it has left a huge structural hole in your forward line, forcing Cloke to play deeper where IMO he is not as well suited, even though he can obviously still be effective in that role. Reid may be able to help here but personally I think that he is better suited to playing down back, and I think that the team needs him there aswell.

I think that Eddie and the board need to be fair when it comes to Bucks. Personally I've always had doubts as to whether he would make a good coach or not but with where the list is at currently they can't be expecting too much, too soon. I think that this is where Neil Balme will really be able to help and act as a conduit between Bucks and the board and use his experience to ensure that things remain amicable and that expectations are kept in check.

I'm not sure of Bucks' contractual situation but provided that the wheels don't completely fall off this season I think that he should have 2016 in order to try and get the club heading back in the right direction because I can't see it happening this year I'm afraid. The list is too raw and alot of the young blokes aren't quite ready to elevate their games to a point where the club will begin to shoot up the ladder IMO.
Wrong x 4

Yeah it's hard to argue with any of that TBH. :$

I think there have definitely been some mistakes made with your list management, and exactly how much input Bucks has had into that I'm not sure. One thing that I do know for sure is that if the Pies have a poor first half of the season the pressure will begin to mount on Bucks very quickly.
Wrong

Don't give up your day job, unless your day job is making footy predictions. Very funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone holds a grudge, that make you feel better fella?
A "grudge"? Never held a grudge in my life let alone for a stranger's post on a footy forum. Just find it very funny how wrong some people can be despite the conviction of their opinions.

A "grudge"? Never held a grudge in my life let alone for a stranger's post on a footy forum. Just find it very funny how wrong some people can be despite the conviction of their opinions.

That word in bold is a key one mate.

Collingwood has done better than he thought, congratulations.

Did you notice the Dog's ans North's %?

No I didn't, have now. Even better haha.

To have had the off-season play out like it did and be told we lost all those players so we are going to be near the bottom, only to make the finals and at the expense of a club whose supporters have perhaps been celebrating us losing the most would be classic.

Really. So where was your Pre-Season prediction?
grow
Up!
Don't get your knickers in a knot - mine or anyone else's prediction doesn't change yours - it's okay to admit you were wrong.

That word in bold is a key one mate.

Collingwood has done better than he thought, congratulations.
Thanks mate but Collingwood's performances have had nothing to do with me, and the key word is "funny". Lighten up fella.

So wrong.

Very wrong.

So very wrong.

Wrong x 4

Wrong

Don't give up your day job, unless your day job is making footy predictions. Very funny.

But on a serious note, just a bit of advice. If you're going to crack the sads whenever somebody holds a negative opinion towards your club you'll be forever fighting a losing battle I'm afraid, no matter how well your club may or may not be going at that particular time.

The wolves are always at the door mate.

And lastly, as a Collingwood supporter didn't last year teach you anything? The season is only half way through.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back