2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Golby gets a shot sooner rather than later. He's a limited player but he brings a tenacity that we seemed to lack sometimes against the Pies.

North will force him into error time and time again; don't see him playing off half back unless it's a strict lock down job on either Thomas or Harvey.

A really great review of Saturdays game by Woey.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-04-08/reserves-wrap

Can't really blame the young guys for cramping up in those conditions. I was really struggling just watching the game.

Also the list of players really shows how our midfield depth is non-existant. If ZoB and Golby get the call up it leaves Evans and Robbo on his return as the only midfielders. Hopefully Keays can get a few games.

Had made the call on the day that I thought Golby was close to our best and that the game seemed to slip away when he was rested during/after the third.

Golby's decision making and intensity around the pill was a massive issue last year. Happy to see him given a shot as an onballer/wing but not deep in the backline. That ship has sailed!

Team (note named before final team for seniors was announced)

Brisbane
B: 43. Josh McGUINNESS, 45. Jordon BOURKE, 48. Hugh BEASLEY
HB: 35. Ryan LESTER, 26. Tom CUTLER, 10. Daniel RICH
C: 28. Lewis TAYLOR, 4. James AISH, 41. Mitch GOLBY
HF: 19. Josh CLAYTON, 24. Liam DAWSON, 27. Darcy GARDINER
F: 40. Matthew HAMMELMANN, 47. Zac O'BRIEN, 31. Harris ANDREWS
Foll: 44. Archie SMITH, 46. Billy EVANS, 14. Brent STAKER

Int: 18. Nick ROBERTSON, 20. Josh WATTS, 53. Reuben WILLIAMS, 50. Corey WAGNER
Emg: 54. Isaac CORVO, 56. Ollie RITCHIE, 49. Nate DENNIS, 55. Nick WELLER, 52. Jacob ALLISON

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back