2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Gardiner play yesterday?

I noticed he was named, but heard (last week) he was still a few weeks away.

There has been some confusion around here because some people thought Gardiner was originally out of the senior team injured. However, the review of last week's reserve game on the Lions website by Woewodin clearly states he was dropped.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-04-08/reserves-wrap

So he actually played in the reserves last week and this week as well. Although the good news is he was named in the best for yesterday's game on the NEAFL website:

BRISBANE LIONS
Goal Kickers: M. Hammelmann 5, T. Cutler 3, B. Staker , J. McGuinness , N. Weller , A. Smith , J. Aish
Best Players: , J. Aish , M. Hammelmann , H. Andrews , D. Gardiner , H. Beasley

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124354214&c=1-8334-0-337188-0&pool=1

I think it's very highly likely that he is out of the seniors through injury, but with something he needs to play through.
That being the case, he'll neither get a senior game, nor be listed as injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions
B: McGuinness, Bourke, Allison
HB: Keays, Lester, Cutler
C: Penberthy, Rolls, O'Brien
HF: Golby, Clayton, Robertson
F: Hammelmann, McGuane, Dawson
Foll: Leuenberger, Evans, Watts

Foll: Leong, Edwards, Hipwood, Watson
Emg: Beasley

I am guessing Hugh is a emergency seeings as it is more than likely he won't get up for the game! On tues or weds, I can't remember which, a few of the guys commented about him splitting his face open while going for a surf! Sounded pretty decent!! Poor fella!
Geesh must of fallen on a fin or something. Surf was pretty tame all week, very unlucky injury. I thought clubs have started to come down a bit on Rec sport outside of footy? I guess he isn't best 22 but correct me if I'm wrong someone skateboarding and breaking something now they have to go through the club to get clearance to do these activities? Maybe I'm dreaming it was a few years ago.

Geesh must of fallen on a fin or something. Surf was pretty tame all week, very unlucky injury. I thought clubs have started to come down a bit on Rec sport outside of footy? I guess he isn't best 22 but correct me if I'm wrong someone skateboarding and breaking something now they have to go through the club to get clearance to do these activities? Maybe I'm dreaming it was a few years ago.
I don't think the lions have cut down mate! A fair few of the boys were putting up pics of dbar and stuff! Looked very nice! Here I am stuck in melb haha.
Richy and Diz were surfing dbar and redden was down the coast a little with ZOB and Hugh! Sounds like a fin or rail to the lip!!

I don't think the lions have cut down mate! A fair few of the boys were putting up pics of dbar and stuff! Looked very nice! Here I am stuck in melb haha.
Richy and Diz were surfing dbar and redden was down the coast a little with ZOB and Hugh! Sounds like a fin or rail to the lip!!

Oooo dam I must of missed em I have been at D'bah and Palm every day this wee. I'll keep more of an eye out for em, I hear Richy is a good surfer would love to see how good

Oooo dam I must of missed em I have been at D'bah and Palm every day this wee. I'll keep more of an eye out for em, I hear Richy is a good surfer would love to see how good
Richy and Diz always post stuff from D'bah (can tell i am not a QLD local). Actually ran into Diz down hear at 13th beach before as he was getting out, tried to convince him to come out for one more, but said he was knackered. Relly nice guy though!

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back