2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

People just don't get it.

When you have a silver membership, you get a ticket to everyone one of AFC's home games. You're not worse off than a 3 game member who gets a cap.
They are two different offerings. You as a consumer have a choice, which product do you want to purchase, the 11 game silver membership with no cap where you see every home game or a 3 game membership with a cap, everyone is free to choose.

The commercial reality is AFC are selling 11 game memberships fine, seems to be some room for improvement in the 3 game membership numbers though. How do they try to make the 3 game membership more attractive? Throw in a cap etc. Also 3 game memberships are big for the casual fan and I support the club in trying to attract fresh new supporters and members. I for one have a mate who bought a 3 gamer last year, sat with us for those games (always a free seat next to me for some reason, :) ) and has upgraded to a silver membership this year, he misses out on any freebie but he now gets all home games included.

Or the club could just give free shit to everyone, give out 1000's of free tix every week and make a loss every year.

I hear where you are coming from (not the free tickets though, don't understand that) but our 11 game tickets are over priced compared to the Victorian clubs.

Getting a hat or scarf once every couple of years would be great, theres no need to get a scarf or hat each year but getting the same sticker, pin and lanyard each year pfffttttt. The stuff the 3 gamers get is for each season, not just for new members.

Just smacks of the club taking the 11 gamers for granted, as you said good luck to them as there is a waiting list - thanks only to the AO.

dont know if it's been mentioned elsewhere as i haven't read 16 pages, but kids membership at the AFC is another debacle and missed window of easy money. it's another thing that port does better than us.

my son had baby memberships for 2 years, but what was his automatic renewal this year? a junior GA $55 11 game membership. what the hell is that crap? i suppose i could leave him on the hill while i go and sit in the riverbank stand.... this membership does come with a wall flag and some stickers, but seriously, the notion of just jumping from baby to this is practically useless.

our beloved neighbours have a pirate membership (we arrrrrr port adelaide) for 2-6yos. it's an easy $40. they then have a 7-14yo membership where they get a power sherrin, backpack and stickers.

they absolutely kill us in this department.

I 100 % agree with you. In fact at the members forum I mentioned that I had dropped my Sons Junior membership this year. With all the tools rabbiting on I didn't really get a chance to explain why.

Basically the club has a problem in this area. Most youngsters can't get a full membership as 11 games ones are expensive and there is a wait list. The GA tickets are effectively worthless. My Son had the junior membership for 2 years and we used his 'free' ticket once. Mind you free actually cost about $15 by the time we upgraded to get an actual seat and paid the booking fee. Then of course someone has to buy an ticket to take him to the game, so all in all his free ticket costs you about $40.

I looked at the cost and what they get and thought it just wasn't worth it. Yes they can attend a members night and have a training session etc... but often we are working or have other commitments.

I actually think if the club want to maintain their market share in this age group, they should look at a Junior Membership that basically runs at a loss. Consider it an investment for the future. Knowing that you can't really offer attendance at games, give the kids a heap of quality merchandise. Give them player posters, flags, hats etc... Everything you can to keep the kids on board until they can afford a membership.

Our club needs to guard this space closely or the Port mob will begin to eat in to our market share and by the time we realise it has happened there will be a generation of problems for the club.

I hear where you are coming from (not the free tickets though, don't understand that) but our 11 game tickets are over priced compared to the Victorian clubs.

Getting a hat or scarf once every couple of years would be great, theres no need to get a scarf or hat each year but getting the same sticker, pin and lanyard each year pfffttttt. The stuff the 3 gamers get is for each season, not just for new members.

Just smacks of the club taking the 11 gamers for granted, as you said good luck to them as there is a waiting list - thanks only to the AO.

There's another club who happens to be losing money and they give away a lot of tickets through various outlets, just saying we don't want to end up like that.

I am a current Bronze member (time wasn't available to attend every game until this year).

Around late November I flagged that I'd like to go on the waiting list for a Silver Membership.

Just rang and spoke to the club, only to get the old: "we are getting to the applications now and you'll find out by the end of next week by the latest"

Sounds like I'll be standing for my 3 games for the year again and paying a premium for any other games I wish to attend.

If you dont mind standing in GA or getting to games earlier, it is probably better value to buy more than one three game membership? If you want to gi to six games buy two memberships instead of one membership and three separate match day tickets for three other games.

Plus more of the money goes to the club rather than buying three individual match day tickets.

got my Victorian membership "pack" yesterday. how can they justify a $30 increase for a family membership when i get 1 less game?
I complained about the Vic 11-game GA membership too which has gone up by $10 with one less game. The website says "Victorian 11 game membership offers general admission entry into the AFL Reserve for six non-AFC AFL games. (Total access to 11 games, including five Crows away matches at Melbourne venues)" which is a throw-back to 2014....and clearly false advertising. I enquired about the Geelong game being included and was told that Geelong wouldn't do a deal for Melbourne Crows members as Simonds Stadium is pretty much a sell-out each week. Really not happy about it being touted an 11-game membership, when that's not the case. What they should do is at the very least allow 7 alternate games at the MCG or Etihad to compensate members. Rant over!

I complained about the Vic 11-game GA membership too which has gone up by $10 with one less game. The website says "Victorian 11 game membership offers general admission entry into the AFL Reserve for six non-AFC AFL games. (Total access to 11 games, including five Crows away matches at Melbourne venues)" which is a throw-back to 2014....and clearly false advertising. I enquired about the Geelong game being included and was told that Geelong wouldn't do a deal for Melbourne Crows members as Simonds Stadium is pretty much a sell-out each week. Really not happy about it being touted an 11-game membership, when that's not the case. What they should do is at the very least allow 7 alternate games at the MCG or Etihad to compensate members. Rant over!

That whats I would expect from our Membership/Marketing team, they seem to not have an idea about the small things. That should be pretty basic, count the number of Melbourne games then add enough of other (non crow) games to make it equal 11.

I had the Geelong ticket issue last season, they are the only venue that doesn't set aside any seats for visiting clubs members. It sucks as we have to set aside seats at the AO for their members but we don't get the same arrangement. Having said that it was fairly easy to buy them when they go on sale to the general public, just be on the ball when they are released.

For those that got Fagan's e-mail, looks like Silver Members for the first time ever have voting rights (any person with a 3+ game membership gets voting rights). Another brilliant effort by Fagan to get that happening.
I didn't vote for that

For those that got Fagan's e-mail, looks like Silver Members for the first time ever have voting rights (any person with a 3+ game membership gets voting rights). Another brilliant effort by Fagan to get that happening.
Ignoring that this was flagged in December 2013, I don't think Fagan had time to put this in place when he announced it in October (when he only got appointed in September).

This was always part of the move away from Sanfl ownership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iwanted to change my repayment scheme, so they called me up (after their system crashed on day 1 :rolleyes:) and never asked what pack I wanted.
I wonder what they sent.

My order was 7-10 days away on the 27th, so now with it being the 31st, it's 3-6 days away.

How do I pick which members merch pack I want?

The address was sent out on the letter to eligable members (Gold, Legends Club, Bronze (Adult), Interstate (Adult and Concession) and Boundary Line) in the renewal letter, its http://www.19thman.com.au/memberschoice

I wonder if the package that seems to be going to silver members could be that tshirt we saw on Facebook from members who had received theirs early.

The address was sent out on the letter to eligable members (Gold, Legends Club, Bronze (Adult), Interstate (Adult and Concession) and Boundary Line) in the renewal letter, its http://www.19thman.com.au/memberschoice

I wonder if the package that seems to be going to silver members could be that tshirt we saw on Facebook from members who had received theirs early.
I haven't received my pack yet, I wonder if maybe they have given all 25 year silver members a choice of the gifts as well? I've been a member each year since 1991

I think it's great the Hawthirn membership scarf has the number of yours they've been a member on the scarf.
At what point does it start?

Like, my dad was a boundary line for 9 years, myself crows nest for 7. Then when we moved to Adelaide, we both went gold season ticket instantly (7 years now)

At what point does it start?

Like, my dad was a boundary line for 9 years, myself crows nest for 7. Then when we moved to Adelaide, we both went gold season ticket instantly (7 years now)

Is it reasonable to suggest that membership = membership, regardless of how many games are purchased each year? It's only a number on a scarf after all and you have both financially supported the club throughout the entire period.

I received an email that my Silver membership had been processed and dispatched. Should be a week or so from arriving.

I'm intrigued to see what is in it. When I did my membership, I clicked on one of the packages, but never saw what the options were! I just took a stab in the dark. Could be anything...

Yes I am desperate for some sort of excitement in the wait for the season to start.

There is a photo retweeted by the club that shows what looks like a members pack with the gift of a red AFC monogram cap. We have also seen some members have received tshirts with their packs. Perhaps this is why people are getting package notifications.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back