2015 Royal Rumble

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO, the highlight of last year's rumble was the crowd reaction.
To be honest, I don't think Reigns was as dominant as Kane was back in 2001. I watched Kane's showing and thought "what a monster!" And I watched Reigns' showing, and I was honestly very surprised that he broke the record.

I don't think you're quite understanding my point. My point isn't that if Roman wins that people will hate it, it's that if Bryan doesn't win then people will hate it. Go to his latest return on Raw, he was still the most over person on the program by some way, despite having only been seen once in the past 4 months or so.

And 1 main point is that the Rumble is in Philly. Are you honestly telling me they won't hate the Rumble if Bryan isn't the winner?

Yeah I get the Philly crowd and you're right that they will be cheering for Bryan, but just like when the Chicago crowd were going to 'hijack' Raw with CM Punk chants the WWE worked around it and turned a negative into a positive. I think the WWE are capable of eliminating Bryan without turning the fans off completely. As I said, he may be used to give a heel some great heat instead of actually winning. One of my favorite Rumble moments was when Shawn Michaels entered the rumble at 1 with everyone expecting another ironman performance only for Jericho as entrant 2 to come from behind and pummel him with a steel chair and eliminating HBK immediately. I think WWE have options other than Bryan has to win. I just see last year as a huge swing and a miss.

I know you like Reigns, and I'm not saying that the people hated Reigns. Obviously they didn't or else as you said they would have chanted "You Both Suck".

What they wanted was Bryan. They didn't get Bryan, and that was because of Batista, so they shat on the Rumble and on Batista. It didn't matter if it was Kingston, or Ziggler, or ******* Curt Hawkins up against Batista, we would have got them cheering for Hawkins, Ziggler or Kingston. Again, it's not about who won the Rumble, it's about who didn't win.

Maybe so, but I still think that speaks more about the error of bringing Batista back as a face more so than the crowd supporting Bryan. Regardless, I'm just not convinced that the same thing will happen this year. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I think Batista Bryan could be a decent way to go. If Batista is even coming back that is?

Would love it if everyone is thinking Daniel Bryan will be number 30 in the Royal Rumble and they're all counting down for his entrance music only to hear Batista's music instead :D

Remember that happened with Mysterio and the reaction he received pretty funny

Non believer.

Well he told Vince and WWE to get F**ked so I can’t see the Relationship being good enough for quite sometime for Punk to come back and That is even IF he wanted too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he told Vince and WWE to get F**ked so I can’t see the Relationship being good enough for quite sometime for Punk to come back and That is even IF he wanted too

Only taking the piss mate :p I know about everything that's gone down haha.

Although if this was somehow still a work......

Only taking the piss mate :p I know about everything that's gone down haha.

Although if this was somehow still a work......

Punk would do something like this but I don’t see Vince would

Oh man I haven't even thought of Angle. I reckon the pop for Angle would be amazing. Just hearing that music. I'd go apeshit!

I know it was kinda done two Rumble's ago with Ziggler and Jericho, but....

Rusev comes out number 1. Lana does her normal Russia-America promo. Interrupted by number 2:

Not sure the Philly crowd would go for a Pittsburgh native (or if that even matters in the WWE) but I'd also lose my shit.

I think Roman Reigns will be getting that push he was getting before injury, Ziggler will become the IC champ.

Royal Rumble is normally one of my fav ppv's

Can we just have a Rusev Rumble against everyone patriotic American they can think of, like Swagger, the Soaring Eagle, Lex Luger, "American Badass" Undertaker etc?

With the surprise entry of The Patriot

triple_h_troll.jpg

Is there any actual excitement to be had? That doesn't involve trying to troll supporters of wrestlers you don't like?
I'm genuinely keen for it. The Rumble has been my favourite ppv since a kid.
Bryan confirmed back makes the actual rumble match more interesting with what way they'll go (my main issue was with Reigns being a lock gave it more of a 'process' feel, but now there is actual multiple possibilities again).
Same with the Championship match. Nothing is certain now it's a triple threat & can see any of them walking out champ. Maybe not Cena so much for storyline sense & a probable face rumble winner aswell but hey, it still couldn't be ruled out.

I'm genuinely keen for it. The Rumble has been my favourite ppv since a kid.
Bryan confirmed back makes the actual rumble match more interesting with what way they'll go (my main issue was with Reigns being a lock gave it more of a 'process' feel, but now there is actual multiple possibilities again).
Same with the Championship match. Nothing is certain now it's a triple threat & can see any of them walking out champ. Maybe not Cena so much for storyline sense & a probable face rumble winner aswell but hey, it still couldn't be ruled out.
Ah, sorry. I forgot there were other matches. Because I'm braindead.

I can't see Bryan getting the rub in the rumble. I'm a massive fan but he is an injury risk. That's my objection -- his very good chances of falling over again. So it stays with Reigns for me -- for better or worse.

I really can't feel that the championship match will go either way, though. Rollins just seems like an addition to appease the 'wrestling' fans but I can't take his chances seriously.

Ah, sorry. I forgot there were other matches. Because I'm braindead.

I can't see Bryan getting the rub in the rumble. I'm a massive fan but he is an injury risk. That's my objection -- his very good chances of falling over again. So it stays with Reigns for me -- for better or worse.

I really can't feel that the championship match will go either way, though. Rollins just seems like an addition to appease the 'wrestling' fans but I can't take his chances seriously.

Not sure I follow that first sentence, didn't think I was being condescending or implying anything like that so sorry if something I said offended you?? Completely unintended if so.

For the rest I was more saying that there seems to be more possibilities for results now rather than what I want the results to be. Not really sure either way tbh. If Brock retains I would prefer Reigns win the Rumble but if Seth does win it I'd probably not mind seeing Bryan. Would be an epic main event at mania.

I'm just happy that it isn't all definite clear cut results. I prefer a bit of suspense to it.

Other than those 2 main matches I honestly don't know what other matches are on the card. I'm guessing Ziggler/Barrett & some Diva rubbish but there usually aren't a heap of other matches anyway when the Rumble takes up such a large chunk of the ppv time.

Not sure I follow that first sentence, didn't think I was being condescending or implying anything like that so sorry if something I said offended you?? Completely unintended if so.
Nah, don't take anything from it. I was just surprised I focused on only one part of the PPV.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Royal Rumble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back