News 2015 Saints Media Thread (please use player threads for player-specific news/articles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richardson told and sold Armitage a story, which the player embraced. He would be given more responsibility, too, because St Lenny was retired. The Saints needed him to fill a leadership void.

Every Thursday, after the Saints have trained and picked their team at match committee, Richardson sits down, face to face, with each of the 45 players on the St Kilda senior and rookie lists. The coach and player have a two-way conversation about how the player is faring. On occasion, "Richo" will tell the player why he's overlooked for selection, or ask the player where he might improve.

Richardson has taken direct responsibility for team defence, a portfolio he decided to take over when Luke Beveridge quit as director of coaching.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-rebooted-david-armitage-20150606-ghi6ew.html

Last edited by a moderator:

good to see Kingy was a big enough bloke to swallow his pride and jump on board the Saints.:thumbsu:
He probably realised Big Bruce would give him a clip over the ear if he didn't, there's a reason why we sent the wild man of Canberra

I missed this. Did King lose a bet?

in a round table discussion on Fox Footy at hte beginning of the year David King made the bold prediction that St Kilda wouldnt win a game all year. Clearly we shat all over his useless prediction and made him eat humble pie whilst purchasing a $280 membership at the same time. #autorollover :)

I missed this. Did King lose a bet?
King lost the biggest bet of all. The bet to not open ones stupid mouth and let idiot words dribble out.

Seriously stupid prediction no matter which way you go about it. I cant even remember a time there was a winless season for a club.

Did anyone happen to notice on Sunday that the match day interviewer asking Alan Richardson a question mentioned Josh Smith, when she was meant to be referring to Josh Bruce. It just looked very amateur hour from someone who is employed by the club, and left plenty of saints supporters around me thinking why is she employed. Hopefully the club can ensure these types of mistakes don't happen again.

Did anyone happen to notice on Sunday that the match day interviewer asking Alan Richardson a question mentioned Josh Smith, when she was meant to be referring to Josh Bruce. It just looked very amateur hour from someone who is employed by the club, and left plenty of saints supporters around me thinking why is she employed. Hopefully the club can ensure these types of mistakes don't happen again.
yeah it was the chick who is their to pump up the crowd, i couldn't figure out who the hell she was talking about but it must of been a pre determined question so richo didn't miss a beat and answered the q.

the guy who pumps up the crowd is less awkward at least and doesn't stumble over his words.

also theirs only 1 true josh smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick (and Jack) Riewoldt on 360 Wednesday and The Footy Show to launch their new foundation.

Agh, my cheeks are hurting. That was so damn funny.

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-06-10/schneidermans-web-of-truth-leigh-montagna

Awh, I need to have a lie down. Gold. Too much gold.

My fave part was Sam Fisher taking the absolute piss out of himself by doing a bit of exercise and then spending the following 5 minutes on getting his hair right........twice!!!

An excellent episode - can't wait for the next one - Armi or Sammy G!!!! Loved Joey's explanation on why he chose both of them also....

I can't understand why the media dept. would bother even posting Richos' presser with such poor quality audio :(

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2015 Saints Media Thread (please use player threads for player-specific news/articles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back