List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to Misson we clearly have someone in mind for the ruck role. Defender is a bit more of a question mark, think they might try to blood a kid into the role.
I'd expect Ari to get first crack at laying a block of games, with Cole and Hoffman to get some exposure.
Let's find out what we've got.

Did you watch the clip on Lachlan Blakiston WAFL who was mentioned we had shown interest in. He has a leap like Ryder or a young Stanley I dont know what the rest of his game is like but his hitout stats are very good.

If we are interested in him he will need to nominate for the draft as I dont think he has been on a list before.
I only went through the DFA list this arvo.

Apparently there's a state league defender in Qld who could be worth a shot too. I wish Kemp had come to us, not because I'm desperate for him more I just can't be bothered looking for another defender! Haha

Is there even really a good reason to mantain category A rookies anymore? The restrictions on playing them are long gone and apart from their first year pay they are otherwise like any main list player.

Honestly just creates confusion on who has been elevated after re-signing, just make the main list everyone expect the CatB rookies.

How much extra time do we get after taking pick 7 and possibly doing a deal with 8?
Assume we would have put plenty of feelers out to Tigers and GWS beforehand and if we don’t get someone on our wanted list at 8 would bring in the split then.

Each pick is in the clock. 5 minutes per pick.

We would activate the deal when we are on the clock at pick 7. We will know who we are picking and will know who is our preferred selection at pick 8.

Overall, we would have 7-8 minutes to get it done. Giving our trading partner about 2 minutes left on the clock at pick 8.

It depends which players we have available at picks 7 & 8. We might not do it if Draper, Smith and Langford are on the board when this our turn st pick 7.

But if that was the case the offers would be flowing in from other clubs. Especially the Tigers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that player update from today.?
I notice the draft picks are 7.8 29.39

Brad is assuming that those will be our picks after bids are matched for Academy and Father-Son players.

These players are Lombard (GC), Koke (Essendon), Ashcroft (Brisbane) and Logan Smith (GWS).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd expect Ari to get first crack at laying a block of games, with Cole and Hoffman to get some exposure.

You cant ask kids to play those roles so early in their careers it would kill their development. Shoenmaker has an average defensive game and his fitness and strength arent any where near they need to be to handle key forwards. He struggles to match up on the third talls in the VFL. Cole and Hofmann are babies as far as the game is concerned, again it would be really poor player development throwing them to the wolves so early. How many 18-19yo talls are asked to play on key forwards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Misson also mention Gus McLennan and the other Gus Hastie.
Both of whom have had a tiny taste which has hopefully whet the appetite to want more and so have a very good pre-season. Competition will be a great thing.

Last edited:

"Lennox Hofmann: Is eligible to join St Kilda as an NGA selection as his parents are born in Switzerland."

Do we have the worst NGA zoning requirements in the league?... some clubs get whole states while we get the sons of migrants from Switzerland.

Misson also mention Gus McLennan and the other Gus Hastie.
Both of whom have had a tiny taste which has hopefully whet the taste buds to want more and so have a very good pre-season. Competition will be a great thing.
O'Connell also looks taller than his listed height of 189cm and looked quite comfortable on the training track late last year. Hastie is the real wildcard though, 190cm+, quick, smart, can play small and tall - I'm expecting him to start round 1.

Fiiiinally, there is no way Nas is only 187cm tall. His defensive play has improved 10 fold, he will be super important to help out Doug, Wilkie and unnamed battle replacement.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back