News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seb Ross on SEN Breakfast 12/9:

Still seems a bit dirty how it finished but right call to move on from Seb

It shows how tight the Saints are for spots.
Delisting Seb might mean that Hotton gets to stay on the list.
There is a chance Hotton may not make it but its also clear that Seb is close to just a depth player now.

I was a big fan of the Veterans list before they scrapped it, and getting rid of it has made things worse for older players.
They've made teams quicker to shove players out the door ( except at Geelong ), and that in turn has made players more mercenary during their career.

Not an outstanding player, but Ross has been a good trooper for the Saints, and i hope he gets a gig for 2025.

ST KILDA

– Will lose Josh Battle to Hawthorn, but have been circlingDan Houston.

– GWS midfielder James Peatling is said to be of interest.

– Have significant salary cap room and have been linked to Victorian Andrew Brayshaw.

-
Have joined Geelong in the race for Bulldog Jack Macrae after he requested a trade.

-
Linked with Port Adelaide ruckman Ivan Soldo.

in the paper today for what it's worth

It shows how tight the Saints are for spots.
Delisting Seb might mean that Hotton gets to stay on the list.
There is a chance Hotton may not make it but its also clear that Seb is close to just a depth player now.

I was a big fan of the Veterans list before they scrapped it, and getting rid of it has made things worse for older players.
They've made teams quicker to shove players out the door ( except at Geelong ), and that in turn has made players more mercenary during their career.

Not an outstanding player, but Ross has been a good trooper for the Saints, and i hope he gets a gig for 2025.
Wonder how many Clubs have a dual BnF winner called "not an outstanding player" by their fanbase

Wonder how many Clubs have a dual BnF winner called "not an outstanding player" by their fanbase

Ok then, he was outstanding, always in the hunt for the Brownlow , absolutely elite , all the other clubs were trying to poach him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure cartilage doesn't grow or not easily. So it can be a bitch to fix when its badly damaged.

It would be exactly why Crouch is cooked - no cartilage in his knee. You end up with bone on bone which is really painful and progresses to arthritis later in life.

With all the prosthesis produced these days hopefully before too long the medical scientists come up with something artifical to replace the function of the cartilage.

Last edited:
Pretty sure cartilage doesn't grow or not easily. So it can be a bitch to fix when its badly damaged.

I thought I read somewhere that there is some sort of silicone implants now, not sure how successful if so.

Concerning Henry has gone under the knife again.

Hope that knee can be fixed
honestly don't think is a big deal it's arthroscopic and the 1st surgery is exploratory as much as it's going to fix the issue

honestly don't think is a big deal it's arthroscopic and the 1st surgery is exploratory as much as it's going to fix the issue

Agree.

We’re just fans on a forum; we shouldn’t pretend to be doctors

It would be exactly why Crouch is cooked - no cartilage in his knee. You end up with bone on bone which is really painful and progresses to arthritis later in life.

With all the prosthesis produced these days hopefully before too long the medical scientists come up with something artifical to replace the function of the cartilage.
My experience is that the pain around cartilage damage is manageable, what was tough to handle was the inflammation that accompanies it. Makes training the next week harder and affects kicking action as well.

Good honest foot soldier - professional & good team man BUT - time to move on - not taking us forward.

For someone like Norf - great recruit - can instruct the kids & set standards

Seb is a super nice guy, met him a few times, but “setting standards” isn’t his strong suit. Possibly the two things are related tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back