Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are everyones thoughts on Dion Prestia? Seems tempting but last year was a bit erratic, currently tossing up between him and Wines or could downgrading Newton to a rookie and get Beams/JPK

What are everyones thoughts on Dion Prestia? Seems tempting but last year was a bit erratic, currently tossing up between him and Wines or could downgrading Newton to a rookie and get Beams/JPK

Would be in my team if I wasn't looking at the byes. Looks ready to take another step and go beyond 110.

I'm tossing up between Joey and Jack atm and be farked if I can decide as both have showed good form thus far pre-season.....who's likely to get the tag out of these 2, Jack more than likely wouldn't you say.....I still think Joey has a lot to offer and is somewhat underpriced at that but the question is and like you say, his days of 110+ May be just past him.....however don't forget that he started last season on fire and it may have been only that his scores went on the decline when he injured his leg!!
True. When is that point that the young buck goes past the old faithful for good? For me it is this year with the Saints and Joey. As hard as it is we need to get get that regeneration going through the midfield post Lenny/ Joey and this is the time that those younger guys stand up. Regardless of the talent/ age or development stage of a team, there is still always a midfielder that averages high (Jones at MFC). As far as I see, Steven is the only one that this year can be a 105+ player. That doesn't scream 'keep me', but he's still underpriced where he sits

I'm tossing up between Joey and Jack atm and be farked if I can decide as both have showed good form thus far pre-season.....who's likely to get the tag out of these 2, Jack more than likely wouldn't you say.....I still think Joey has a lot to offer and is somewhat underpriced at that but the question is and like you say, his days of 110+ May be just past him.....however don't forget that he started last season on fire and it may have been only that his scores went on the decline when he injured his leg!!
...Sorry..think Jack will get the tag over Joey

in my team at M3. yes it's going to hurt having Ablett, Pendles and Prestia out in round 12, but I'll manage
Prestia will get close to a 120 average

True. When is that point that the young buck goes past the old faithful for good? For me it is this year with the Saints and Joey. As hard as it is we need to get get that regeneration going through the midfield post Lenny/ Joey and this is the time that those younger guys stand up. Regardless of the talent/ age or development stage of a team, there is still always a midfielder that averages high (Jones at MFC). As far as I see, Steven is the only one that this year can be a 105+ player. That doesn't scream 'keep me', but he's still underpriced where he sits

Yeah I tend to agree with you on this Dubious.....my only concern then would be if Jack can handle a tag, how has he performed in the past with a tag do you know?

Yeah I tend to agree with you on this Dubious.....my only concern then would be if Jack can handle a tag, how has he performed in the past with a tag do you know?

Have had him in and out since SC started. My gut says pick him logic says he could get smashed by taggers all year.

Have had him in and out since SC started. My gut says pick him logic says he could get smashed by taggers all year.

Yeah same, that's what I'm feeling with him......am starting to think that maybe I might be better off downgrading to someone like Newton and topping up on other areas.....it's only my M6 that I am looking at so I think I've got enough strength in the midfield to go with someone like a Newton or even a lower priced mid

Sound logic. To be honest, don't know the stats on how often he's been tagged. Would expect him to get it most weeks this year which makes it a bit more of an unknown.......

Sound logic. To be honest, don't know the stats on how often he's been tagged. Would expect him to get it most weeks this year which makes it a bit more of an unknown.......

Playing in a bottom team might actually help Steven in this matter. Cant see too many teams putting too much focus on him unless they feel threatened by the Saints.

Any tagger that goes to him, will be playing a lot looser than they would on their target in a top team IMO.

...Sorry..think Jack will get the tag over Joey
Steven has been tagged already over the past couple of seasons so it's nothing that new. Where Steven presents some decent value is his relatively low TOG %, even in his breakout season he didn't play massive minutes therefore if he can get a few more TOG % points this season, given his ability to win alot of the ball in relatively quick time, he looms as a pretty decent choice.

Steven has been tagged already over the past couple of seasons so it's nothing that new. Where Steven presents some decent value is his relatively low TOG %, even in his breakout season he didn't play massive minutes therefore if he can get a few more TOG % points this season, given his ability to win alot of the ball in relatively quick time, he looms as a pretty decent choice.

Steven or griff?

Playing in a bottom team might actually help Steven in this matter. Cant see too many teams putting too much focus on him unless they feel threatened by the Saints.

Any tagger that goes to him, will be playing a lot looser than they would on their target in a top team IMO.
Solid point, you don't see Nathan Jones get tagged all that much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steven or griff?
Griffen has the higher ceiling with slightly higher risk imo (his back issues). Steven at his price is very tempting though. Would go for both ahead of A Swallow. If one wanted to take a risk two of those three could be very decent choices as m4/m5 players.

Last edited:
That's what I mean about switching between thinking about maximum points and maximum value.

For example if you don't make room to start with 2 of GAJ, Pendles or Rocky you are behind the 8ball from the start.

Especially if you "reduce the risk" in your backline.

Would add Fyfe to that list.
My midfield as follows:

G.Ablett
N.Fyfe
D.Shiel
B.Crouch
B.Ebert
J.Steven
P.Cripps
J. de Goey
K. Lambert
J. Anderson
B.Boekhorst

Looking to increase value and then upgrade to a to a Selwood or a JPK/Jobe Watson

My midfield as follows:

G.Ablett
N.Fyfe
D.Shiel
B.Crouch
B.Ebert
J.Steven
P.Cripps
J. de Goey
K. Lambert
J. Anderson
B.Boekhorst

Looking to increase value and then upgrade to a to a Selwood or a JPK/Jobe Watson

With all the other upgrades required on other lines, needing to potentially make 6 upgrades in the mids, you won't have any trades left for LTI's or SC finals.

With all the other upgrades required on other lines, needing to potentially make 6 upgrades in the mids, you won't have any trades left for LTI's or SC finals.

used a similar approach last season and made the GF in my league, after finishing top.
no trades for the last 2 finals meant i copped a hiding in the GF

hoping the first 6 in my midfield may end up being keepers

My midfield as follows:

G.Ablett
N.Fyfe
D.Shiel
B.Crouch
B.Ebert
J.Steven
P.Cripps
J. de Goey
K. Lambert
J. Anderson
B.Boekhorst

You're probably better off dropping Cripps for a cheaper rookie and turning Ebert into Selwood, not sure how much cash you have though.

Last edited:
My midfield as follows:

G.Ablett
N.Fyfe
D.Shiel
B.Crouch
B.Ebert
J.Steven
P.Cripps
J. de Goey
K. Lambert
J. Anderson
B.Boekhorst

Don't like the ebert pick much. Surely Swallow is a better option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back