Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone considering Priddis?
No frills guy but geez he's solid.
I've looked at him, my thoughts are simply if you are happy at getting last years average for 10% above cost pick him, progression is not going to happen, and regression is unlikely.

I've looked at him, my thoughts are simply if you are happy at getting last years average for 10% above cost pick him, progression is not going to happen, and regression is unlikely.
Agreed hence no frills.

Reports on Griffen? Back issue a non issue now?

Opinions on Touk Miller? Might not play round 1 but looks like he'll get a chance this year, safe cheap bench option?

Opinions on Touk Miller? Might not play round 1 but looks like he'll get a chance this year, safe cheap bench option?
no point having a mid rookie sitting on your bench that may play later on in the year, get somebody likely to play games at the start and then downgrade later on if he gets games

no point having a mid rookie sitting on your bench that may play later on in the year, get somebody likely to play games at the start and then downgrade later on if he gets games
He's a definite chance for Round 1.

Maybe even Wells averaging his 110 would be even better.
Not sure if that's meant be a dig. I'm not one of the biased North supporters that have been claiming he'll average he'll average 110. I said only yesterday that I thought he'd be in the 90s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anybody running with a 4 premo / 7 rookie midfield or is that too risky?

Looks like most of the good rookies will be mids so thinking about loading them up in there..
Yes, I am. Newton at M5 currently.

Looks like most of the good rookies will be mids so thinking about loading them up in there..

Plenty of good forward options presenting themselves as well.

Given we have an extra bench spot in the mids, I would be a lot more comfortable going with 5 premo mids.

Plenty of good forward options presenting themselves as well.

Given we have an extra bench spot in the mids, I would be a lot more comfortable going with 5 premo mids.

Forward options being? I've currently got Lambert in the Mids to open up a swing with the forwards. Lonie could be a good bench option - apart from that I think the Mid rookies will comfortably outscore the likes of Clark/Hogan/Karnezis and make cash a lot quicker.

Forward options being? I've currently got Lambert in the Mids to open up a swing with the forwards. Lonie could be a good bench option - apart from that I think the Mid rookies will comfortably outscore the likes of Clark/Hogan/Karnezis and make cash a lot quicker.

Other than those you listed.

The mids rookies may outscore the forward rookies but not by as much as a mid premo will outscore a forward premo.

I'm running a 5/6 set up. Not a fan of these expensive (+150k) rookies, don't have any currently.

Other than those you listed.

The mids rookies may outscore the forward rookies but not by as much as a mid premo will outscore a forward premo.

Mid Premo - 120, Clark/Hogan - 60
Fwd Premo - 100, Mid Rook - 75-80

I don't think the difference will be that much. And considering a faster appreciate mid rook will mean you can make more money and upgrade sooner, you'll make the points up there.

I didn't get to see first half of Freo v Melbourne but I was under the impression Newton played well. Haven't seen him in many teams. How did you rate his performance?

He'd have to be playing very well and there would have to be very few midfield rookies for me to select him. Don't know whether he's worth his starting price when he wont be a keeper.

Mid Premo - 120, Clark/Hogan - 60
Fwd Premo - 100, Mid Rook - 75-80

I don't think the difference will be that much. And considering a faster appreciate mid rook will mean you can make more money and upgrade sooner, you'll make the points up there.
Actually MID rookies are the slowest to max out their value increase, FWD rookies do so much earlier with their generally lower ceiling. If you upgrade first by culling MID rookies who have risen somewhat in value you will be missing out on some of their upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back