Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody running with a 4 premo / 7 rookie midfield or is that too risky?

Looks like most of the good rookies will be mids so thinking about loading them up in there..
yep, except I have Dusty at M5 for now because forward rookies are looking too good to miss imo

Which forward rookies? Lamb/Lonie/Lambert/Hogan/Clark/Karnezis, am I missing any?
yep! all those fellas, and possibly Krak

That's my shortlist currently. Minus Mitch Clark who I think is the progeny of Mr and Mrs Potato.
as if! I'm backing Clark to make us some good coin this year

An excellent mid price option is Jarrad Lyons.
With Scott Thompson likely to miss the start of the year he gets game time on ball and he's a clearance machine.
plus goes forward and kicks goals.
Added benefit of DPP too

Wouldn't you rather have a proper midfielder at M5?
That can be a moot point. My current team has 5 mid premos and 4 forward premos, but I'd prefer my F7 rookie on the ground ahead of my M8 (dpp) rookie so come game day I would probably switch that M8 rookie with a dpp forward premo. It would then look like I had a dpp premo in the midfield, but it would still be the same overall team.

That's my shortlist currently. Minus Mitch Clark who I think is the progeny of Mr and Mrs Potato.

KUzO0bU.jpg

this is where newnes learnt how to put on those 6kgs

Wouldn't you rather have a proper midfielder at M5?

\/

That can be a moot point. My current team has 5 mid premos and 4 forward premos, but I'd prefer my F7 rookie on the ground ahead of my M8 (dpp) rookie so come game day I would probably switch that M8 rookie with a dpp forward premo. It would then look like I had a dpp premo in the midfield, but it would still be the same overall team.
:thumbsu:

Looks as though Zaharakis will be playing regardless of the clubs aim to protect the 2012 listed players (although it was common knowledge he hadnt taken part) may be an excellent option @ $484 k averaged 90 last year and with what you think would 90% + midfield time with potential bans, I think he's a definite for my team

Those that are jumping on Brad Crouch what do you see him averaging this year?

127 & 111 from the 2 NAB has me considering him strongly
Has been in and out of my time. Anything above 110+ will be a plus and I rate him at least a 60% chance of doing so in that Adelaide team

Has been in and out of my time. Anything above 110+ will be a plus and I rate him at least a 60% chance of doing so in that Adelaide team

110 might be a stretch. Only just coming into his third year, much better players have taken longer to get to that level. I would say low 100's would be more realistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

110 might be a stretch. Only just coming into his third year, much better players have taken longer to get to that level. I would say low 100's would be more realistic.
Agreed. Would take a quantum leap to get to 110. We're talking Selwood territory there. Very few players have made that sort of jump. 100+ would be a more realistic expectation. He's a SC stud in the making, no doubt

Agreed. Would take a quantum leap to get to 110. We're talking Selwood territory there. Very few players have made that sort of jump. 100+ would be a more realistic expectation. He's a SC stud in the making, no doubt

Do you guys know what price he would get to if he averaged 105?

Selwood averaged 120, not 110 last year. 110 is Liberatore/Gray/Lewis territory, not Selwood.

I think he is referring to averaging 110 in his third year. The only concern for me with Crouch is that it's only his third season and he has only played 25 games. That's similar to Titch last year and he burnt me.
Crouch is definitely a gun footballer though who has been ravaged by injury last year. A jet when he gets going, with his only real competition being Danger and Sloane and of late they have been solid without being world beaters. Think his scoring thus far has reflected this in shortened games, he is going well and hasnt missed a beat preseason. Anything 108+ I would be happy with, remember he was a minidraft pick and I know that doesnt mean much but he was ibviously picked on some exposed form/skill/workrate

The clincher for me is he does the hard work, tackles, contested ball, while usually still running above 70% DE which cant be said for others e.g. Swallow. Its a mix thats sure to score points. Wont get tagged either you would imagine with Danger, Smith, Sloane in there..

Crouch is definitely a gun footballer though who has been ravaged by injury last year. A jet when he gets going, with his only real competition being Danger and Sloane and of late they have been solid without being world beaters. Think his scoring thus far has reflected this in shortened games, he is going well and hasnt missed a beat preseason. Anything 108+ I would be happy with, remember he was a minidraft pick and I know that doesnt mean much but he was ibviously picked on some exposed form/skill/workrate

I think that is sort of the worry with him though, he hasn't made it through a full season yet. Injury is what brought Titch undone last year and maybe Crouch's body/endurance etc. just isn't cut out for a full season of AFL just yet. Given that he hasn't played a full season I could also foresee his scores dropping off towards the end of the year as he gets tired. If I selected Crouch I'd be doing so with the intention of keeping him and I just think there's too much risk. Can definitely see him in my starting side next year though.

Anyone else like the look of Ellis-Yolmen? Never paid him much attention before but saw him moving through the middle last night, he looked pretty good. Smooth.

Selwood averaged 120, not 110 last year. 110 is Liberatore/Gray/Lewis territory, not Selwood.
I think he is referring to averaging 110 in his third year. The only concern for me with Crouch is that it's only his third season and he has only played 25 games. That's similar to Titch last year and he burnt me.
What Snappy said.
I should've made this clearer
clear as mud.jpg

Anyone else like the look of Ellis-Yolmen? Never paid him much attention before but saw him moving through the middle last night, he looked pretty good. Smooth.

He impressed me in NAB 1 and had another great game in NAB 2. 2nd year in the system, should be a really good chance of playing Rd1 and one I've got in my side at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back