Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it will make a difference, his lowest score came when Ablett was out last year.

He could go either way, if both Ablett and JOM are out he might get more attention.
Yeah, it's exactly the same argument that people put to me when I was considering Jack Macrae. Liberatore, Cooney, Griffen all out/gone, could go either way for Macrae. He might thrive, he might struggle.

What are people doing with God gary if he misses round 1?
For one/two weeks he sits on my bench....anything more have to reconsider. Example start with Rocky then sideways him.
Reminds me too much of 2013 when I started with Beams even though he was supposed to miss round 1. He remained due to return in 1-2 weeks until he finally played in round 16. Of course I'd traded him out long before that but not before he cost me heaps of points.

Because of the way the price changes work Ablett would have needed to exceed last years average just to maintain his value and there's no way he'll be doing that when he finally plays in such an underdone condition. This year he's sure to drop value when he plays so the wise move is to start with another elite player and make Ablett a tradeup target.

If Ablett was to be out who would you replace him with out of Rockliff/Selwood/Pendlebury?

Obviously Rockliff is the obvious answer but he's 60 grand more that Selwood for example. I've also got Beams and Sidebottom atm so getting Pendles/Rockliff would create more changes.

If Ablett was to be out who would you replace him with out of Rockliff/Selwood/Pendlebury?

Obviously Rockliff is the obvious answer but he's 60 grand more that Selwood for example. I've also got Beams and Sidebottom atm so getting Pendles/Rockliff would create more changes.

Pendlebury is the obvious answer. Rocky is overpriced. Supercoach history and statistics say Pendlebury.

That said the one advantage you have with Rockliff is his capacity to go big which may make him a better captain choice than Pendlebury who is more consistent. But I'm still sticking with Pendlebury given he has proved his scoring capacity over many years.

I'm keen on starting both Lambert & Krak in the mids if they're upgraded & named for Rd. Reckon both being mature aged they could give 70ppg a shake & avoid the vest.

I hope so.
I like the GAJ injury. Finally something to mix the teams up a bit

Agree I won a heap of league flags with Ablett out. I actually had to coach and use a bit of nous with my captains. Did some homework and snapped out 150+ captains with Fyfe, Buddy and Sloane in consecutive weeks. Will make the comp much more interesting.

Rockcliff is fully priced so whoever you don't have out of Selwood, Pendles and Fyfe would be the best choice imo. Which one is a personal choice but all are sound.

Out of interest, would anyone consider not starting GAJ even if he did get up round 1 given he'll be underdone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, would anyone consider not starting GAJ even if he did get up round 1 given he'll be underdone?

Yes I would even though I was stupid enough to not start him last year. Last year my strategy was to leave out Ablett as a pod figuring everyone else would have him and if he underperformed (or even just put out average 130's) I would get a jump on everyone else - I was going for the overall rather than a safe high finish. Of course he came out firing and the only underperformance was my team in the first half of the year.

But this year is different. I think I've seen enough evidence now to just about tip the balance to not start him and I replaced him with Kennedy yesterday, if he doesn't get a run out in NAB which now seems to be the case then that will certainly clinch for me.

I dont have Fyfe, so thats the obvious choice, but also looking at Prestia, expecting him to improve on last year, and without Ablett it opens up a spot without affecting my bye's. Extra 200K could be put to good use as well. This should be interesting.

I already have Fyfe Selwood Pendles and Dangerfield. Rocky is too pricey for mine. Thinking Kennedy or Parker who could be in for a huge year.
If he was still at Collingwood I'd say Beams, but his move to Brisbane makes both he and Rocky a massive risk. Parker is the one I like. I reckon he moved past Kennedy in the latter half of last season. I was a bit concerned he could have a let down after such a stellar year, but his preseason form makes that look very unlikely.

But not after a shoulder dislocation/surgerey/restricted program over summer.....

Granted, but he did have/played with injuries during 2010 IIRC. He's arguably a better player now than he was in 2010 though.

Hey, by all means don't start with him, I understand the logic behind it. Hopefully his current 53% ownership will be 13% by Rd1 as most play it safe by not starting with him.

Selwood vs Fyfe vs JPK.... This one I keep changing almost on a daily basis.
I'd take them in the order you've got them there. Selwood is a star, very rarely misses games, has been one of the best for years. Fyfe is a star too, and potentially more upside than Selwood, but misses games occasionally. That might change with the new tribunal rules, but I like the safer option in Selwood. JPK will probably score the least of the 3, but still a good option and the cheapest of the lot so if you need the extra money I'd take him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back