Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, we probably can't start Ablett, while I agree Rockliff is overpriced I think we need to consider that we need to have a captain option that can get huge scores, consistently and I don't know who outside Rockliff could? I think his price tag could be justifiable

I agree, we probably can't start Ablett, while I agree Rockliff is overpriced I think we need to consider that we need to have a captain option that can get huge scores, consistently and I don't know who outside Rockliff could? I think his price tag could be justifiable

you have 2 choices most weeks on captain VC / Capt

no GAJ makes it very very interesting as the theory of what is a VC LOCKED IN score is suddenly very interesting

Backline structure, Ruck choices & what to do with Gaj can determine our SC seasons before a ball is bounced.

'Like sands thru the hour glass
So are the days of our SC Lives'

<cue horrible elevator music>

If Ablett's out then starting with Prestia would seriously be something worth considering. Has a ball on a string with Ablett there... Imagine him without
Would probably be the first tagged in Abletts absence.

I'm hoping Ablett does miss the start of the season, will make for an interesting beginning to the season and my team looks tops if I pretend the son of God doesn't exist.

I wonder how many people will take Ablett from the start even if he misses just one round? I know he's the undisputed best player in the game but are we now paying overs for him if he's coming into the first or second game of the season without any competitive footy in the pre season? He normally starts the season on fire, but his preparation this year is completely different.

Gary Ablett-

4yr ave of 132.5 SC pts/game

Misses X games;

0 – 22x 132.5 = 2,915 (132.5 ave – based on holding him for full season of 22 potential games)

1 – 2,783 (126.5)

2 – 2,650 (120.5)

3 – 2,518 (114.5)

So, ~6 pts ave decrease for each game he misses.

Few intangibles;

- Will he continue to score at 132.5/game?

- What will emerg cover score to replace each missed game of Ablett? 66 ave gives back +3 sc pts/game

- When he gets back, his inclusion in Capt loophole & 2x is invaluable*

Thought I had this worked out last night, but still unclear for mine, particularly if he misses 1-2 games only. :confused:

The 60-70 points you lose by playing a rookie instead of GAJ for 1 game is not worth a trade to bring him in later IMO. I would say the same if he misses 2 games and you forfeit 120-130 points. If the rest of your team is strong, starting with 4 mid premo's (and GAJ on the bench) instead of 5 for a round or 2 shouldn't make much difference. I just can't see the point of wasting a trade to bring him in later, because you will trade him in at some point, regardless.

The 60-70 points you lose by playing a rookie instead of GAJ for 1 game is not worth a trade to bring him in later IMO. I would say the same if he misses 2 games and you forfeit 120-130 points. If the rest of your team is strong, starting with 4 mid premo's (and GAJ on the bench) instead of 5 for a round or 2 shouldn't make much difference. I just can't see the point of wasting a trade to bring him in later, because you will trade him in at some point, regardless.

He hasn't played any practice games and they will be cautious with his shoulder. I'm hoping he is eased back into his first game and subbed out at half time. Nice little price drop to follow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't played any practice games and they will be cautious with his shoulder. I'm hoping he is eased back into his first game and subbed out at half time. Nice little price drop to follow!

There are two types of people

Last edited:
Between Fyfe, Selwood and Pendlebury I reckon you'd manage to get a huge score most weeks. Obviously you've got to try and pick the right one though

There are two types of people

It's a valid point though. If he is underdone, than his price will drop, means you could almost sideways an under performing premo (with a downgrade of a rookie for the extra cash) to bring him in and hope he starts hitting his straps around round 5 when he has a few games under his belt.

He has always started strong, but this is the first serious injury with a threat of repercussions he has really had, and even GC are con-seeding he is still hesitant raising his shoulder too much.

If he isn;t ready for round 1 and hasn't had much contact in training than I would say its a safe bet that he will be nursed through the first few rounds to make sure he has full confidence in his shoulder.

I am strongly thinking about picking Stevie J, thoughts?

I have an Ablett-less side and I hate it. Happy with my side and have a useless 200K in the bank that I cant do anything with. When I had Ablett i had around 100K in the bank which i was happy with.

I have also have a gazz-less side and i dont mind:eek:. It does'nt look quiet normal but its a thing we will have to get used too at some stage.
have cash left to bring him back.

The thing is, it wouldn't take that much to get him at $100K cheaper at that price point. Maybe they play him forward for the first 3 weeks with his shoulder?

I am strongly thinking about picking Stevie J, thoughts?

I think you're mad

I have an Ablett-less side and I hate it. Happy with my side and have a useless 200K in the bank that I cant do anything with. When I had Ablett i had around 100K in the bank which i was happy with.

So have I, but I'm trying not to tell anyone.

Does anyone have gaz :$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back