2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Mr_Bojangles, post: 35800844, member: 70055 Both goals were weak as piss. Dino shouldnt have been caught out like that. What was Jamo doing standing off Henrique.

The club also needs to sort out the ticketing. That was a disgrace today. A mate didn't get in until 35 minutes or so in to the match.[/QUOTE]

Agreed with the ticketing i got caught on the freeway. Two crashes and missed the first 9 minutes. At least a 100 people outside trying to get tickets when i walked in.

A couple of questions - Did you think that there first goal was possible offside( not Henrique but the striker) and was it Jamo or Thwaite holding off from Henrique ( i didnt really see it as I was right behind Henrique and was just watching him pull the trigger)

As on off the cuff moment.
I noticed the young lad Robbie from the voice in his Glory shirt sitting a few rows in front of me. Made me think that we could lead the crowd in Glory Glory like in the Ol Steve Armstrong days...hahahahaha

[QUOTE="Mr_Bojangles, post: 35800844, member: 70055 Both goals were weak as piss. Dino shouldnt have been caught out like that. What was Jamo doing standing off Henrique.

The club also needs to sort out the ticketing. That was a disgrace today. A mate didn't get in until 35 minutes or so in to the match.

Agreed with the ticketing i got caught on the freeway. Two crashes and missed the first 9 minutes. At least a 100 people outside trying to get tickets when i walked in.

A couple of questions - Did you think that there first goal was possible offside( not Henrique but the striker) and was it Jamo or Thwaite holding off from Henrique ( i didnt really see it as I was right behind Henrique and was just watching him pull the trigger)[/QUOTE]

he was behind henrique, puts him onside.

Thought it was Jamo who was standing off Henrique for the second goal. Was Thwaite who let the cross in for the first.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

F****** top of the league mofos. I loved everything about that except Mitch Nichols. He was either lazy or disinterested but he was shocking today. Keogh is a frickin gun.

The only downside is I am now on crutches after a drunken incident at the train station tonight.
Had to take the day off work as I left my car keys at a take away joint drunk and now I'm on my way picking them up. Wasted $210 on two taxi rides to try and locate them last night.

Very expensive night on the piss but great win.

Great start to the season!! They can't take that away from us. At least we have something to build on now. Keogh is looking like quite the find. He's come from the championship - very cut-throat league. Was at work yesterday so avoided the result and went home and watched the replay. Very happy with our scoring. Defence needs to tighten up a bit obviously. We wont get away from coming from behind every week to win - that said it's good to see the team developing some never say die culture. Next week - tough task - Adelaide away. I'd be happy with a draw. At least we head into that clash with some momentum. Sooner or later we are going to have to fit in Z. Radkovich into the team and Sciola when they are fit. It's nice to see we have got some options.

It was Jamieson both times. Let's the cross in and stood off Henrique.

Superb finish by Henrique though. When I saw it I was wondering why no one at least charged at him to shut him down goal side.

Signed on as a terrace member this morning. A lot cheaper than getting tickets before every game, don't have to stand in those excruciating long queues before matches.

Something fun to do until the winter stuff comes back. Great sport to have fun following.

Noticed that there is a divide between the Terrace and The Shed fans. Shed fans don't like the Terrace. They were bagging the Terrace out for not singing late in the second half. A bit disappointing that, supporters should be united together in their support and stay away from petty politics that is a cancer.

McLaren and Rizdon look like different players this year. Sorry I'm not a full bottle on the players, can't think of the names but Sidene I think and the 17 yr old kid who signed with a big Italian club.

In Jamo's defence on the second goal, he had to be very mindful of the overlap run coming down the touchline on his left. If he closed down on Henrique there would have been havoc.

I think he was playing the percentages and got unlucky.

Signed on as a terrace member this morning. A lot cheaper than getting tickets before every game, don't have to stand in those excruciating long queues before matches.

Something fun to do until the winter stuff comes back. Great sport to have fun following.

Noticed that there is a divide between the Terrace and The Shed fans. Shed fans don't like the Terrace. They were bagging the Terrace out for not singing late in the second half. A bit disappointing that, supporters should be united together in their support and stay away from petty politics that is a cancer.
We were singing a lot late o_O There were some quiet patches, but that was the same on both sides of the pitch.

That's been festering for a long time the whole "Shed boys v GFU/Terrace" thing.

I actually think it's a good thing for the club to have active support at both ends. I sat in 119 last season and there wasn't a great deal of active support, granted we were dross most of the season but the noise eminating from my block was usually groans when we turn the ball over for the 500th time in the match. Having the Terrace down one end generating decent atmosphere and The Shed doing what they do did create a better balance of atmosphere inside the stadium yesterday.

Onto the game it's good to be 2 games into the season and the duck being in the loss column. I'd forgotten what it feels like to be on top of the table....think there's a trickle of blood coming from my nose. Damned altitude sickness. We'd best keep winning so I can acclimatise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only odd thing about being in 119 now is that the away supporters are only a few bays over, which feels weird.

Best spontaneous chant of the day would have to be when the Young caught an incoming cross and the away supporters all applauded loudly, the Terrace belted out "We forgot that you were here!"

Possible unpopular opinion here;

The Shed has long been a sad parody of it's former self. Same old boring bullshit from over a decade ago. It used to be great in there. now it's mostly a bunch of fat old Poms and/or wannabe Poms. They are even more cringe worthy when they do the left side/right side in-fighting. They are great at eating their own. One day the knob-head element may die out - but they have a grand sense of self-entitlement because they have been there in some form from the very start. I wonder how many actual originals are left these days? You never see Caveman anymore - haven't for years. Honestly - the only positive contribution I can think of they make anymore is the tour of duty they do every season.
What they need to realise is that they don't have the mortgage on being a true Glory supporter. Many of us have grown up and long since moved on from acting like school boys swearing in songs that are out-dated from another land... and a lot of us have done time supporting from shed. Why would you bring your kids in there among the mouth-breathers? It's a double-edged sword for Tony Sage. They are uncouth twats - but a core group do turn up every week not matter what. What do you do??

Possible unpopular opinion here;

The Shed has long been a sad parody of it's former self. Same old boring bullshit from over a decade ago. It used to be great in there. now it's mostly a bunch of fat old Poms and/or wannabe Poms. They are even more cringe worthy when they do the left side/right side in-fighting. They are great at eating their own. One day the knob-head element may die out - but they have a grand sense of self-entitlement because they have been there in some form from the very start. I wonder how many actual originals are left these days? You never see Caveman anymore - haven't for years. Honestly - the only positive contribution I can think of they make anymore is the tour of duty they do every season.
What they need to realise is that they don't have the mortgage on being a true Glory supporter. Many of us have grown up and long since moved on from acting like school boys swearing in songs that are out-dated from another land... and a lot of us have done time supporting from shed. Why would you bring your kids in there among the mouth-breathers? It's a double-edged sword for Tony Sage. They are uncouth twats - but a core group do turn up every week not matter what. What do you do??
Yeah some of their songs are definitely outdated. "We hate Sydney FC, We hate Melbourne too F^ckin Oath we do, We hate Adelaide United.." it's like that has been sung since 2004 and rivals and other things have changed so much since then, but they won't let go, probably because of their sense of entitlement.

The Burrow in the NRL shits all over the Shed. The Terrace is doing a fine job with the limited personnel they have.

I did think the solid block of supporters in the Terrace bay was a good turnout. There's still more space in S119, but hopefully that can eventually start to expand. There were some good moments of noise coming from both ends. I think there will be some hesitation as both sides figure out how best to operate in the new situation.

Also, I don't think anyone got on the megaphone in the Terrace until midway through the second half, not sure what the go was there.

Yeah some of their songs are definitely outdated. "We hate Sydney FC, We hate Melbourne too F^ckin Oath we do, We hate Adelaide United.." it's like that has been sung since 2004 and rivals and other things have changed so much since then, but they won't let go, probably because of their sense of entitlement.

The Burrow in the NRL shits all over the Shed. The Terrace is doing a fine job with the limited personnel they have.
When the Shed want to make noise, they can definitely belt it out. I've stood and sung in the Shed and they can definitely be a force. YFB, another relic, can be clearly heard in every corner of the ground. But they seem to only infrequently want to.

*cough*

"I've been standing 'ere for fifteh years!"

Hahaha I'm probably the only one in this thread who gets the reference.

Also, I don't think anyone got on the megaphone in the Terrace until midway through the second half, not sure what the go was there.

A lot of the chants/songs were being started from the further towards the top of the bay which you don't really need the megaphone for as the sound travels down.

While hundreds were lining up yesterday there was a special 'shed express' entry which had no one going through it and a ticketing officer looking bored. What was with that. I was up in the melanoma stand could hardly hear the GFU types at one end and the shed doing the same old crap. The trouble is with both is there are always self important campaigners that want it to all be about them rather than all pulling in the right direction. The Shed is why when people in the east think about Glory all they think is 'pom'.

I was up in the melanoma stand could hardly hear the GFU types at one end

Yeah yesterday was a poor effort but Sunday arvo games tend to be a more subdued atmosphere. Plus for some reason there were a lot less people joining in yesterday than normal.

Hahaha I'm probably the only one in this thread who gets the reference.

A lot of the chants/songs were being started from the further towards the top of the bay which you don't really need the megaphone for as the sound travels down.
Yeah, I know, I was standing near a few of the people getting them going. I got "Dig a hole" going myself when they were treating the Roar player who got (fairly) clattered and we didn't put the ball out for a bit. ;)

Yeah yesterday was a poor effort but Sunday arvo games tend to be a more subdued atmosphere. Plus for some reason there were a lot less people joining in yesterday than normal.

Yeah, sunday arvo games and opening home games all tend to be a bit flat like that. Saturday night games are the ticket. Surprising number of people not joining in though, you're right.

All that stuff about needing the Terrace membership to get in and checking tickets/memberships really didn't seem to amount to anything.

I was rostered on to work. I would imagine there is a segment of supporters that cannot make every game due to the same reason.

Plus Sunday arvo games suck. It's like the league tucks us away and never gives us the showcase time slots. Friday and Saturday nights are the best. Saturday afternoons behind that.

Another point - keep on winning/having a good season and the crowds will come back.

Lets see how big the crowd will be against the WSW in a few weeks if Glory keep the points rolling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back