A-League A-Leagues Men and Women 2024/25 Off Season Thread

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

The bit that frightens me is looking at the efficacy of the salary cap. If they get rid of the cap then I am done with the league. It is just going to be City, Auckland, Vuck, and Sydney running the show. The rest of us might as well not even exist.
Will already be the case tbh. AUFC are already years into a 'play youth to sell, winning is secondary' model. With less TV $ distribution more clubs will need to do it

The thing is, doing away with the cap the big clubs might be able to sign bigger names which will put more bums in seats across the country. AUFC don't care about winning anymore & won't sign a real marquee anyway, may as well hope a big club signs big names...

If anyone has more info on this please post this will be huge for the league if the Wanderers can sign him.

Wikipedia says he's joined already haha.

I'd be wary - he didn't play a single game in the last J1 Season for Vissel Kobe with no apparent serious injury.

Douglas Costa was a much better get for the smurfs.

Nice to see Michelle Heyman has re-signed with Canberra United, she is not only the first (and only) woman to score 100 goals in the A-League, but she is two goals away from being the first woman to score 100 goals for a single club.

1725446086999.png

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League A-Leagues Men and Women 2024/25 Off Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back