List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I am worried about getting English now after reading that article today on the AFL site. They also said the other day we will go best available talent. I dont think Waterman will be bid on before our second though

My understanding is that he has been told that if another Club bids on him before our second pick we won't be matching it.
His motivation for nominating us for F/S selection was that by doing so he is guaranteed to be drafted.

Have a feeling a few of us will be disappointed with out picks. I think it could look like:
1 English
2 Waterman
3 Cameron
4 Yarran

matt_bas if that's what you are thinking please stop thinking anymore, because reading that list of draftees ( as a player mix ) is a hell of a lot more than dissappointing it's actually depressing.

I am worried about getting English now after reading that article today on the AFL site. They also said the other day we will go best available talent. I dont think Waterman will be bid on before our second though
I think we'll take English if he's there at 12, but doubt we would take Cameron aswell then.

Which Yarran are you referring to?
matt_bas if that's what you are thinking please stop thinking anymore, because reading that list of draftees ( as a player mix ) is a hell of a lot more than dissappointing it's actually depressing.
More of a joke than anything. But it amazes me we are linked to English or Cameron, we just got Vardy, have Nic, Lycett, Petrie & Giles. How many do we need!!! And this is the Yarran I'm referring to. Look how much he's bulked up!!

EDIT: Was trying to add a screen shot of Chris Yarran but said error:file to large :)

More of a joke than anything. But it amazes me we are linked to English or Cameron, we just got Vardy, have Nic, Lycett, Petrie & Giles. How many do we need!!! And this is the Yarran I'm referring to. Look how much he's bulked up!!

EDIT: Was trying to add a screen shot of Chris Yarran but said error:file to large :)
giphy.gif

"He thrives on pressure" - Hopefully that quote rings true if we draft him, we certainly need this kind of character.

Obviously this is a bit of a puff piece but I wouldn't be disappointed with him. He breaks lines and, importantly, kicks goals. We desperately need more of this from the midfield, as only Shuey does these things consistently. JG also sounds like he could have an impact straight away as a small/half forward.

"He thrives on pressure" - Hopefully that quote rings true if we draft him, we certainly need this kind of character.

Obviously this is a bit of a puff piece but I wouldn't be disappointed with him. He breaks lines and, importantly, kicks goals. We desperately need more of this from the midfield, as only Shuey does these things consistently. JG also sounds like he could have an impact straight away as a small/half forward.

Not much is said about Gallucci also being Vice Captain of Vic Metro and a Captain at TAC cup level .

If I was to guess I`d say Wce were very impressed and took notice at last years champs when Metro played WA and a under-aged Gallucci shone out against a highly rated WA team ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3AW Sports Today ‏@3AWSportsToday 2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING | Scoop McClure says Drew Petrie will play at West Coast next season.

Noooooooooooooooo

ATM we have the oldest list with the most experience...but with him surely we are looking even older next year!
Recruiting Petrie is akin to treating a severed limb with a band aid

It's beyond ****ing stupid. Might as well keep Mitch brown because at least if he plays another 6 games we might get a father/son out of it

**** me

We got smashed by a hard running fleet of aggressive midfielders in the elimination final. Obviously the answer to this problem is to bring in a 34 year old forward/ruckman who couldn't do either very well in 2016 because he's past it

Idiots

Recent history has not been favourable with indigenous talent heading out of WA. 2 Garletts (Suns and Hawks), Pickett (GWS although he is with Carlton so not back home), Bennell (Suns), Yarran (Blues/Tigers) - a trail of great talent coming from WA and not delivering as promised.

I wonder if that will do anything to dampen enthusiasm for us with local talent?

If what I hear is right, Bolton responded at some interviews that he is unsure how he will go interstate and there are a couple of clubs a little concerned. Don't think it will have enough of an impact to make SPS available at 12 nor SPP available at 34 but you never know.

Recruiting Petrie is akin to treating a severed limb with a band aid

It's beyond ******* stupid. Might as well keep Mitch brown because at least if he plays another 6 games we might get a father/son out of it

**** me

We got smashed by a hard running fleet of aggressive midfielders in the elimination final. Obviously the answer to this problem is to bring in a 34 year old forward/ruckman who couldn't do either very well in 2016 because he's past it

Idiots
upload_2016-11-22_16-32-25.png
Keys - take one of these. Does Sam McClure have a track record like Quayle or like Hagdorn? I don't know - it could be fabricated.

Yes it would be waste of a rookie pick but he is behind Giles and Vardy (assuming neither NicNat nor Lycett are up) and IF we draft Goddard or Cameron, then we pass on Drew.

Recent history has not been favourable with indigenous talent heading out of WA. 2 Garletts (Suns and Hawks), Pickett (GWS although he is with Carlton so not back home), Bennell (Suns), Yarran (Blues/Tigers) - a trail of great talent coming from WA and not delivering as promised.

I wonder if that will do anything to dampen enthusiasm for us with local talent?

If what I hear is right, Bolton responded at some interviews that he is unsure how he will go interstate and there are a couple of clubs a little concerned. Don't think it will have enough of an impact to make SPS available at 12 nor SPP available at 34 but you never know.
No chance with SPS, freo will take him.
I will go crazy like bat poop if SPP makes it to our 2nd rounder

Petrie just makes the Vardy trade look dumber. Could have done with the extra draft pick.

Norf Melb Eagles

I don't get why English is rated, a ruckman who cant ruck or mark, but is not bad at ground level. I just don't get why he is in the frame for any teams first round. God I hope he is gone before our pick.

He has a Fraser type pick written all over him.

Capable but simply does not justify a pick before the 2nd round

Petrie just makes the Vardy trade look dumber. Could have done with the extra draft pick.

Norf Melb Eagles
Vardy was fine no issue with that

Using a list spot for a bloke who only has one year in him and doesn't provide an improvement to the list like Mitchell does is madness

AsterixTheGaul i hope you're right and we pick up a young ruck instead of Petrie but if you're not I'm going to find you and make a suppository out of that chill pill of yours

I don't get why English is rated, a ruckman who cant ruck or mark, but is not bad at ground level. I just don't get why he is in the frame for any teams first round. God I hope he is gone before our pick.
Agreed if you watch English play you'll see that his actual ruck work isn't great. I don't understand this obsession with ruckmen who find the ball around the ground. There are better options later in the draft who can actually ruck.

Vardy was fine no issue with that

Using a list spot for a bloke who only has one year in him and doesn't provide an improvement to the list like Mitchell does is madness

AsterixTheGaul i hope you're right and we pick up a young ruck instead of Petrie but if you're not I'm going to find you and make a suppository out of that chill pill of yours
Keys - you are free to take the pill from whatever orifice you desire.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back