List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Freo might go with English
It really would a leap forward for those amoebas, was around freo oval one friday evening, still have no idea what they were speaking!
milo+bf.jpg

Last edited:
He's one i dont want, dont see the midfield potential with him.
I saw it with Bont didn't see it with Tom Lamb and dont see it with Scrimshaw
He seems more outside and avoids the tough stuff.
Lovely kick and nice mover in traffic, honestly reminds me of Vojo Rainbow.
He's one i think will be a bust.
Thank god GC are into him big time.
Yeah, he needs to be fed the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll cry if we overlook brodie. so disappointed by rawlings comments.
What about Rawlings comments are you disappointed with and that leads you to believe we will overlook Brodie?

Admittedly I didn't listen too hard to what he said because I think a club recruiter is the worst person to speak to if you're looking for a straight answer this time of year

yeh, from what I read, nothing rawlings said suggested we'd overlook brodie....quite the opposite.

the worst part is we'll have petrie on our list in some form, and he said nothing to suggest otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I watched the Rawlings video on the Eagles website again - my main takeaway was that he said we have picks 12,34,54 and 91

Whilst by 91 I assume he means 89 he only referred to 4 picks so those of us hoping we will use all 5 possible picks are going to be disappointed it seems.

How do you think Masten was described when he was about to be drafted? Here's a sample:

Rovers tend not to go too early but Masten is simply too good to pass on. Might not be as sharp as Murphy or as dynamic as McLean but deserves to be in that same sort of early pick company. Pace is OK, wins huge amounts of the ball in tight, uses it well and brings teammates into the game. Can flat-out play and clubs will regret getting too clever and letting him slide.
Masten has now won 55 disposals in two matches, after racking up 29 touches against Vic Country in yet another outstanding performance. A highly touted prospect come November, his run through the middle was again on show for the Sandgropers.

Masten runs opponents off their feet. His athletic background comes to the fore and he just grinds away. He finished up with massive possessions. He worked closely with his teammate Palmer in the stoppages and it was interesting to see Masten working in tendem with Palmer, who was getting tagged. He tried to give his teammate a free run at the footy.

This one is hilarious
Masto is the ball magnet that was Haselby but with real pace. 15.8 beep test, excellent hands and a work ethic that makes him the gut runner that this club of softies needs.

Chris Masten – 180cm, 78kg – East Fremantle. A genuine in and under rover who can run all day and is very good at getting his team mates into the game. His skills are very good and creative on both sides of his body and knows how to block for his mates in the middle. He isn’t a jet as far as pace goes but his vision and composure make up for that. Finds plenty of the footy and is very good at the stoppages and clearances. He has had a pretty consistent year playing mainly in the seniors for East Fremantle in the WAFL. Had an excellent under 18 championship series where he was captain of WA and really delivered on field with his work rate and one precenters. Played really consistent footy over four quarters in all three champ matches. Work rate is very good. Doesn’t mind going forward and kicking a goal

I'll say it again, Masten Junior

Have we ever seen Masten jump over players to take a grab?

Gallucci won the standing vertical jump test and his highlights show him using that to take some nice marks over the top of other players one on one.
Can Masten actually even jump?o_O

The above describes Mastens pace as "OK" and "he isn't a jet". And that's spot on, he runs all day, except when he's getting tackled because he's too slow and has no break away speed.

Gallucci has break away speed.............that means he's faster than most other players.:D Masten is not.

Did Masten ever really hit the scoreboard as a junior? Gallucci is a attacking goal scoring mid, actually he seems to kick a lot of points as well judging from his highlights. But the point here is he attacks the goals, he rests forward and is good on the lead because he gets separation from his defender...........because he's faster that the other guy.

The only thing Gallucci has similar to Masten is he gets plenty of ball, which is fine.

I'll say it again, one of your more silly posts.

i would love him as a mid 20's to 30 pick.
Good speed takes the game on is very attacking, doesn't have a great defensive side to his game.
Can take a good mark, outside winger and HFF, dont see him as a inside option.
Kicking was much better last year than this year, it fell away this year.
He's exciting type, would rather a crumbing small forward than a outside mid like him.
Doesn't really fit our needs though.

He would be a great replacement for Masten.:D:D

yeh, from what I read, nothing rawlings said suggested we'd overlook brodie....quite the opposite.

the worst part is we'll have petrie on our list in some form, and he said nothing to suggest otherwise.

IIRC he said that we needed some more talent in the midfield which they addressed in recent years with Redden, Mitchell and Jetta so now it was time to look at bolstering our talls.

Suggests that, despite Simpson saying time and time again that we get smashed at the contest, and need mids who can do more of the heavy lifting, the list managers are happy with our midfield talent overall and are more concerned with our depth of talls

IIRC he said that we needed some more talent in the midfield which they addressed in recent years with Redden, Mitchell and Jetta so now it was time to look at bolstering our talls.

Suggests that, despite Simpson saying time and time again that we get smashed at the contest, and need mids who can do more of the heavy lifting, the list managers are happy with our midfield talent overall and are more concerned with our depth of talls
"Although we've got some elite talent through the middle of the ground, we probably felt like we could do with an extra couple of players through there that are good ball-winning players who are strong on the inside but also can use the ball well.

"Although we've got some elite talent through the middle of the ground, we probably felt like we could do with an extra couple of players through there that are good ball-winning players who are strong on the inside but also can use the ball well.

And then goes on to mention that they felt they addressed that by trading in Redden, Jetta and Mitchell.

IIRC IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back