D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th place in this years finals series should be removed & we should just have a final 3. I propose a 60's type state carnival fixture approach. Each team plays each other once & then the two sides with the most wins / highest aggregate score play off in the GF. If a tiebreaker is needed to seperate the sides, we could go to which clubs supporters ate the most hot dogs at the carnival. This would also allow us to drop a week of finals footy which would allow the winning team more time to celebrate. Just a thought. Scholly is considering the proposal.
Michael Sholly is not entertaining this idiotic idea.

Sorry mate, unless the VAFA schedule Div 1 finals at Ferndale Park, there's no surface in Victoria which would enable SMS to get within 10 goals of the top three.
Didn't St Mary's beat Kew at Casey Fields last year in a final?
Not that I am saying it's likely to happen again, but anything can happen in finals and when they are good they are very good.

Last edited:
Didn't St Mary's beat Kew at Casey Fields last year in a final?
Not that I am saying it's likely to happen again, but anything can happen in finals and when they are god they are very good.

Probably better to rely on recent form in making such predictions (especially in the VAFA when sides/squads vary so much more from year to year).

We have played the current/2015 versions of Kew, Ormond and Old Geelong on the road in the last 6 weeks. All three are far superior to the SMS teams we belted last weekend and coughed up a 6 goal lead to in rd 5.

What the 2014 version of SMS did to the 2014 version of Kew is, quite frankly, totally irrelevant.

Apples -v- oranges my friend.

Seriously. ;)

Probably better to rely on recent form in making such predictions (especially in the VAFA when sides/squads vary so much more from year to year).

We have played the current/2015 versions of Kew, Ormond and Old Geelong on the road in the last 6 weeks. All three are far superior to the SMS teams we belted last weekend and coughed up a 6 goal lead to in rd 5.

What the 2014 version of SMS did to the 2014 version of Kew is, quite frankly, totally irrelevant.

Seriously. ;)
Pretty cocky from a team who are 5 & 8 ;)

Pretty cocky from a team who are 5 & 8 ;)

Can't argue with that (5/8), but if results go to form this weekend, we roll NOBs (which you will desperately hope happens) and Kew roll SMS.....you'll be 7/7 and we will be 6/8 with 3 very winnable games to go. :eek:

Last edited:
Bedford I don't think even you would suggest that a final 3 would be a good idea and as if Sholly would entertain that rubbish. Although I wonder if you and Beamsy are the same person...

Can't argue with that (5/8), but if results go to form this weekend, we roll NOBs (which you will desperately hope happens) and OGs roll SMS.....you'll be 7/7 and we will be 6/8 with 3 very winnable games to go. :eek:
Kudos for coming back after a poor start to the season when you were drowning your relegation sorrows.

Seriously. ;)
We get it, you had a good win on the weekend

Still would consider them a chance of a upset come finals time. Kew beat them both times during the year also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey perspective, seeing as you seem to think that myself & Bedford are 1 in the same, feel free to show your face this weekend at the Gunn. I'm sure that the both of us will make you feel more than welcome. Please ask around & im sure that someone will introduce us to you.

Just had a quick look at the fixture and I reckon you're right.

Have a feeling the two blues might sneak in. Friars any show at all?

Slim chance but not likely. Can't afford to lose to anyone except Kew. Winner of Friars -v- NOBs stays alive. I agree, Prahran have the best chance of sneaking in.

Prahran are easily the 4th best side in the division. Simple as that. I hope they make it to spice up the finals series.

I love it. The teams SMS didn't show up against are now writing them off completely. People forgetting we pretty easily took care of Prahran earlier this year, a month ago looked like beating the undefeated Kew before falling in the last few minutes then only just losing in a similar fashion to old Geelong at Como a week later after leading. If we sort our shit out, we are comfortably in the top 4... IF.

I love it. The teams SMS didn't show up against are now writing them off completely. People forgetting we pretty easily took care of Prahran earlier this year, a month ago looked like beating the undefeated Kew before falling in the last few minutes then only just losing in a similar fashion to old Geelong at Como a week later after leading. If we sort our shit out, we are comfortably in the top 4... IF.

What happened in the first 7 weeks is largely ancient history now Bob.

Your form in the past 6 weeks is wins over the bottom 2, and losses to the top 3, plus us. The next 5 weeks you play 2 of the top 3, then 5th (on the road), 6th (on the road) and 8th at Ferndale.

I'd say that's one likely win, two likely losses and two 50/50s. You'd want to win those away games against NOBs and a much improved Prahran. If not, you will be knackered.

Last edited:
Prahran are easily the 4th best side in the division. Simple as that. I hope they make it to spice up the finals series.
Agree.
Remind me of the Kangas(AFL).
When 'on song' they can mix it with the best but then a week later, have a disappointing loss.
Their best and worst is too far apart.
If they grab fourth spot, they will cause some nuisance factor to the top 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back