D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1099 was worth a read. Here you're tempting fate. As one who gave you the benefit of the doubt I'd suggest pulling your head in for a bit mightn't be a bad idea.
Yeah Bob, let's just leave this things as they are. We are either talking about Ormond, listening to Ormond players/officials/president subtly talking about Ormond's injuries, being admonished for talking about Ormond too much or getting a ribbing for not mentioning them in the same breath as the other contenders.

Good to have you back. How about that Sidne... discount that... how about that Mal M... actually, how about we pick a random player and discuss his strengths and weaknesses, ay?

Well, well, well.

Following my suspension I took a week long trip of soul searching which allowed me to realise what the truly important things in life are (bigfooty) and how quickly they can be taken away from you. I missed you all - even you beamsy - and it's great to be back. My hopes of winning of the tipping competition were about as strong as YV making the finals this year, so don't worry too much about that bedders.

To footy matters, my previous assertions that the race for the premiership is two horsed have expanded to an 'anyone's game' scenario. Ormond need to find another gear to seperate themselves as on current strength they are right in with the other three. OGGS can match it, and SMS can take solace from narrow losses which could have gone the other way to both OGGS and Kew. At full strength and playing their best footy they can be a threat. Kew are deservedly top but are by no means unbeatable.

If you asked me to post odds for the prem I would offer roundabouts, but injuries make this an almost pointless task.

Kew 3$
Ormond $3.50
OGGS $5
SMS $11

It's a pleasure to be back!
I'll take Prahran Assumption at $41 - big Paul Donahoo is the best sledger in the game. He'll sort the men from the kids who get offended by shots at their hairline (pot kettle black). Nah, good show. I'm all about big Johnny Robbins. Good rig.

Last edited:
I'll take Prahran Assumption at $41 - big Paul Donahoo is the best sledger in the game. He'll sort the men from the kids who get offended by shots at their hairline (pot kettle black). Nah, good show. I'm all about big Johnny Robbins'. Good rig.
I'll give you $51! Nay chance

I think you'll find the MM will be playing ressies for at least a few more weeks. His overall fitness is still a work in progress, but I'm sure come round 15 or so he'll be raring to go in the later game.
He'll hang the boots up now. Played in the Ormond jumper at the Gunn. No more left to accomplish.

He'll hang the boots up now. Played in the Ormond jumper at the Gunn. No more left to accomplish.
There you go, talking Monders again. FWIW - who still furtively reads this board;) - will be vom atroning iting.
I payed out on Jones weeks ago! Hopefully his current absense is short lived or else I could be up the creek.

Thoughts on challengers?
Hope - on the night - he thanks mummy for all she's done for him.:)

Doubt he would have got votes in the two games I've seen.

Last edited:
I'm glad that you missed me bob. I was touched. Glad to see u back after a little holiday. Reckon the break has come at a good time for a lot of clubs. The race to the end will continue next week with some big games to come. Those that make it will deserve it. Those that don't will deserve it. That's how the cookie crumbles.

I'm glad that you missed me bob. I was touched. Glad to see u back after a little holiday. Reckon the break has come at a good time for a lot of clubs. The race to the end will continue next week with some big games to come. Those that make it will deserve it. Those that don't will deserve it. That's how the cookie crumbles.

The cookie has already crumbled at Yarra. Deservingly so if you ask any other clubs who have had to deal with them. Get there act together off field and the on field will follow

Huge couple of games coming up for the OGGS as they play Kew (Home, Como) and Ormond (Away, Gunn) in the next two rounds. The outcome of those games will go a long way to determining the double chance race.

Like other clubs, OGGS have had plenty out with niggles and uni holidays, but have still managed 131 and 61 point wins the last two weeks (over much lower ranked sides). Kew have the best form in the comp and judging by their fitness shown in the R1 match, the wide expanses of Como shouldn't pose much of a worry.

With both sides fresh coming off the bye, and hopefully a good day to boot, should be a cracking encounter. Tip: Kew, just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tip: Kew, just.
FWIW I think the achievement of Kew to sit utop the ladder undefeated, having come up from Div2, being promoted the year prior from Div3, is simply outstanding.
There has been a lot of chatter on this thread to date about how strong Ormond are, but in context, it's easier to have more wins than losses having been relegated from Prem C than to go undefeated (so far), after being promoted 2 seasons in a row. If Kew take the flag this year, a triple premiership in successively higher divisions will be an outstanding effort. I wonder when this was last achieved??

The cookie has already crumbled at Yarra. Deservingly so if you ask any other clubs who have had to deal with them. Get there act together off field and the on field will follow

How have you found Yarra hard to deal with off field? that's a ridiculous comment!

How have you found Yarra hard to deal with off field? that's a ridiculous comment!

They seem ok to me, though it's a shame their senior coach has had such a rotten run. Took the reins at Nunawading in 2009 and bailed on them in Feb 2010 when they were in all sorts and got relegated.

Took Ormond to Premier C (tick), but then got them relegated.

I wonder if he will stick by Yarra in Div 2 next year :drunk:

They seem ok to me, though it's a shame their senior coach has had such a rotten run. Took the reins at Nunawading in 2009 and bailed on them in Feb 2010 when they were in all sorts and got relegated.

Winless and percentage of 50. I don't think the choice will be his unless they start getting a few wins. That's my opinion as an outsider and they it works in every other club in the comp.

He had a massive injury list at Ormond, fantastic coach and bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back