List Mgmt. 2016 Draft - It was on last Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah we had 2 others left in the rookie draft. They didn't get taken.

Oh well, I only heard of 2.

Hopefully I the future this will be a good place to get players. A bit of work to do to get ready made players coming in. But hopefully we can give it a red hot go.

Had a chat with him and told me the Eagles were into him,but he didn't want go to Perth. Tommy is not an ambitious type and basically told me in early October he was happy to play at Coburg bc he believed he would find it hard to put all the hours in .Strange bc he was number one ruck in the VFL until he played with smashed up ribs in the last 6 weeks.Clubs probably sensed his lack of commitment in his speech.
Ok, although may be a little more ambitious than he sometimes lets on....
Did go down to Bombers recently for a tryout against some 90kg bloke from Qld, I think.
Heard Tommy threw him around like a rag doll. Think Port also gave him a call. Wouldn't have been a bad rookie!

Ok, although may be a little more ambitious than he sometimes lets on....
Did go down to Bombers recently for a tryout against some 90kg bloke from Qld, I think.
Heard Tommy threw him around like a rag doll. Think Port also gave him a call. Wouldn't have been a bad rookie!
He's tough as nails weighing around 104 kegs so a 90kg QLDer would have been like shelling peas for Tommy.I would have loved him as a rookie after Rob Fox,but we only had one pick.

What was the knock on scharenberg Bishop? I didn't think his disposal was that bad when stacked up against some others. To not even be rookied was pretty surprising

richoatthedisco summed it up well.

Jonty Scharenberg needs work on his skill and speed. Vanilla is a good word. He ran a 12.3 beep test at the National Combine- which is horrible for a midfielder.
Coupla stats as a few have knocked his kicking:
SANFL (KE: 53.9%)
SANFL Res (KE: 63.3%
SANFL U18 (KE: 55.0%)
U18 Champs (KE: 49.1%)
AFL Academy (KE: 47.1%)

richoatthedisco summed it up well.

Jonty Scharenberg needs work on his skill and speed. Vanilla is a good word. He ran a 12.3 beep test at the National Combine- which is horrible for a midfielder.
Coupla stats as a few have knocked his kicking:
SANFL (KE: 53.9%)
SANFL Res (KE: 63.3%
SANFL U18 (KE: 55.0%)
U18 Champs (KE: 49.1%)
AFL Academy (KE: 47.1%)

Hi Bishop, Im not the best with searching so will call upon your expertise

If you get a chance to put up some draft combine results of our recruits or if there are other places they have been tested would really be interesting.

Hi Bishop, Im not the best with searching so will call upon your expertise

If you get a chance to put up some draft combine results of our recruits or if there are other places they have been tested would really be interesting.

Have almost shut down since the Rookie draft- if I get a chance to dig up the data I will. Have more of the Victorian stuff than the interstate stuff, as well as 27/81 didnt test at the National Combine etc.

Hey Bishop , thanks for all your good work. Praise be to richoatthedisco as well. Very informative.

I dunno how to ask this without sounding like a needy douche, but out of curiosity, when do you start compiling your thoughts for the next draft? I am interested because unlike any other professional draft, what is thought of now drastically changes at draft time. E.g. Jonty Scharenberg.

Is it true we would of got Kirby 'free' next year if we didn't play him in the Vfl ??

Collingwood had met with him mid-season so nothing to do with his VFL performances (although that probably didn't hurt). As I understand it he could have been a Cat B rookie at the Tigas if not taken in either National or Rookie drafts and would have been available to play in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood had met with him mid-season so nothing to do with his VFL performances (although that probably didn't hurt). As I understand it he could have been a Cat B rookie at the Tigas if not taken in either National or Rookie drafts and would have been available to play in 2017.

Alright Lin Jong

Alright Lin Jong

;)

His goal kicking is elite, look forward to him working his way through the VFL and debuting for the Pies, Round 2 would have some nice symmetry but might be a tad early.

2016 - Bendigo Pioneers - 32 at 2.46 per game
2015 - Tyntynder seniors - 47 goals at 3.13 per game
2014 - Tyntynder U16 - 60 goals at 4.29 per game
2013 - Tyntynder U15 - 78 goals at 5.57 per game
2012 - Tyntynder U15 - 54 goals at 3.00 per game

Nah we had 2 others left in the rookie draft. They didn't get taken.

Billy Cooper and Derek Smith. Neither have been picked up as Category B rookies.

Is it true we would of got Kirby 'free' next year if we didn't play him in the Vfl ??

Not completely sure about Kyle, footy seems very good.....It's possible off field that I am a bit concerned about. Over the last few years I've become more convinced that clubs are throwing out false signals of interest to throw opposition recruiters off the real targets...(just a hunch is all).....All the best to him though (just not against us);)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft - It was on last Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back