2016 Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt for Billy most of all when he was talking about his son's 16th birthday and how they couldn't do anything to mark the occasion because of all the media circling around. Sam was typically insensitive and naive with a couple of his comments both in and post the interview, was really in poor taste.

I to get the feeling that if and when Garry is ready to come back Billy is going to have to move on whether he likes it or not if he wants to continue to be apart of the show.

the interview with Bill finally got shown in Perth. Thats probably the most captivating thing thats happened on the Footy Show in 20 years. Poor bastard was so fidgety and uncomfortable talking about the affair that you wanted to look away but couldnt help but keep watching.

I doubt Lyon will ever be back on the footy show unless Brownless endorses it.
Last night has drawn some invisible lines in the sand.

The support Brownless has received in all corners, having him subtly sit at the desk and Sam taking on a heavier load (new segments central to him etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you boil it all down at the end.

They put up a number for a charity that deals with mental illness.

What has happened it seems is Garry Lyon and his pig headed nature has selfishly pushed aside a good mate and slept with his very recently ex-wife. Now he's in a 'very dark place' because of this. And we are meant to feel sorry for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a long time defender but even I'll concede it was truly shit last night. Just unfunny and seemed flat as anything; might be time to put it to bed I think.

your best bet for real footy talk is with fan channels. not big on youtube in our game yet but obviously the bigfooty podcasts are better than anything on TV.

I'd like there to be a footy show that talks about footy instead of just being a gravy train for ex-players who reckon they're experts but in reality, wouldn't last 5 minutes in today's game. Crazy thought I know.

Worst part about the footy show is when they go through each game and get the players involved. All the players are boring, they don't care about the other 8 games per round and give boring answers.

Give me a bit of banter, few laughs and some news/gossip if any. First 30mins/hr is worth watching but tune out when they talk games/teams

your best bet for real footy talk is with fan channels. not big on youtube in our game yet but obviously the bigfooty podcasts are better than anything on TV.
Afl360 is a great show. Having current reccuring players and coaches come in on a weekly basis to talk about the game is a big tick.

I've been a long time defender but even I'll concede it was truly shit last night. Just unfunny and seemed flat as anything; might be time to put it to bed I think.
It's always this bad. You're probably just not used to it because of the break. Kind of like not having vegemite for a long time, the first taste is overwhelming strong. You'll get used to it again though if it's your thing.

Tonights the night...so sang Rocket Rod Stewart. Talking of Rocket, he will not be on the show tonight but maybe someone of his ilk maybe...maybe.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back