Win Prizes 2016 Goal Kicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys we are gonna run a new Competition which the Adelaide board has been running for a few years now.
Prize is a nice shiny badge as bragging rights against your downed opponents.
Rules are as follows.

Rules
Basic plot: You have to pick an Richmond goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up untitled the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Immunity Card: If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Tigers first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card. An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

In. When you say you can't pick a player twice does that mean can't pick a player twice throughout the whole season or round after round?
Just once, makes it much more interesting.
Though I might make a half way rule where it resets for anybody remaining.

Is the thread gonna be pinned?
For the time being yes, probably not after that though. Don't like lots of stickies but I'll make sure to tag everybody and give plenty of time to get it in.

For the time being yes, probably not after that though. Don't like lots of stickies but I'll make sure to tag everybody and give plenty of time to get it in.

Count me in

Count me in

Multiple players can select the same player or first in?

I presume that the same player can be picked by multiple people, but only once over the course of the competition by a poster.

So essentially 10 people can pick jack in round 1, but those 10 people can't take Jack again unless Heisenberg resets at the halfway mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essentially, if the player you pick kicks the first goal of the game (not the tigers first, but the actual first goalscorer in the match), you earn immunity.

What the immunity will do is if you pick a player in the competition and he DOESN'T kick a goal, instead of being eliminated straight away, you can use your immunity and continue in on the competition.

Immunity is basically a second chance.

One question regarding immunity, Heisenberg_. Can immunity stack? So say someone picks the first goalscorer three times. Do they get 3 immunities, or can you only have 1 immunity at a time?

Essentially, if the player you pick kicks the first goal of the game (not the tigers first, but the actual first goalscorer in the match), you earn immunity.

What the immunity will do is if you pick a player in the competition and he DOESN'T kick a goal, instead of being eliminated straight away, you can use your immunity and continue in on the competition.

Immunity is basically a second chance.
Oh, I thought he meant in the same game

Man, I'm exhausted tonight.

One question regarding immunity, Heisenberg_. Can immunity stack? So say someone picks the first goalscorer three times. Do they get 3 immunities, or can you only have 1 immunity at a time?
Haven't really thought about that...what do the majority think? I'd say you can have multiple if you're lucky enough to get multiple.

Haven't really thought about that...what do the majority think? I'd say you can have multiple if you're lucky enough to get multiple.
Why not have them to be traded on?
Have select rounds where you can trade a selection back for it?

I think it is tough. Think about it, say you tip 5 first goalkickers in a row, and then the players you pick don't kick a goal. That would take you to round 10.

Say it comes down to 2 people at round 10. The person above and a poster who has tipped 9 players who have kicked a goal. His 10th doesn't. The above players 10th doesn't either, but that means he will have won through immunity.

It's a hard one to judge. Tipping the first goalscorer is hard, but having a lot of immunities could potentially cost a person who has had a terrific run.

I reckon it needs to be capped. Say 3 at most?

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes 2016 Goal Kicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back