2016 grand final cup presentation

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bulldogs have 3 legends on our hall of fame. EJ, Charlie and Gentlemen John and only John is still alive. And he's had a bit to do with the club and players over the last couple of years. Oldest first. Then Dougie, and Then Granty and Gordo.

In another thread, someone spoke about toning down the arrogance .... can we change the opening line of this thread from "after we win" to "if we win"?

Thread was created in October 2015. Not far off the Nostradamus tag

Hi Dogs fans,

Firstly congrats! and enjoy the week. Get to every event you can and soak up the atmosphere.

My thought is that Irene Chatfield should present the cup. All due respect to every living bulldog legend but she sits up there with the best in the saving of your club.

There may be more to it than I know about but somehow, no matter what, I suggest she deserves some level of recognition for he part in it. I know she is a life member.

My heart says Bob, but my head says Schultz. I think it should be Schultz, but I would be rapt if he deferred it to Bob. This is Bob's team (sorry Woody), and he deserves to have an official role in the ceremony.

That said, kudos to the Irene Chatfield idea. Not too enthusiastic about Hawkins or Libba or Johnno.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he played a few games for Notth.
But Gary Dempsey bulldog legend.
Most Marks
Most brownlow votes
Played in era when club was broke.
Still only second to the great EJ IMO

As others have said, Schultz or a player from 54. But surely Bob lifts the cup if we win it.
I think Schultz as he clearly has had a close link with these players. I am sure however, that at the moment when Woody and Bevo are called up to the stage to hold the cup aloft, a certain bloke who wears number 2 will be asked by those two guys to come to the stage to join in on the moment as our captain even he was not the playing captain on the day. Lets hope that the AFL does not prevent that from happening should we win.

Talk around that channel 7 are pushing for Darcy to present it...
That's bloody ridiculous. This is about what the club needs on an emotional level, not for channel 7 to prop themselves up. I like Darcy well enough, but there are several better options.

It can only be one- Liam Jones. Why it was his heroics that won us the 2014 VFL grand final, which clearly would go on to become the foundation for our two finals appearances since, giving universally loved players such as Lin Jong the experience needed to go on and dominate all finals matches.

And as if that wasn't enough, Jones, knowing the damage our list manager can do with late picks, volunteered to get himself traded to Carlton, a curse to bear and a hard sacrifice to make, in order to land us The Helmet, who would soon become one of the key players of our grand final team.

Thank you, Liam, and I hope to see you presenting the cup to the team on Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 grand final cup presentation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back